Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I am assuming it is doubtful any captain purps will drop overseas, since only 85 pairs were made. I keep hoping for a restock at Bodega....

i'm fairly confident that bodega stated that the captain purps were exclusive to them...and so i doubt we'd see them sold anywhere aside from ebay resellers at this point...

on a completely selfish note...if anyone has any leads on a size 8 of the captn' purps...please let me know...

what do you guys think of the play cloths coming out soon?

what do you guys think of the play cloths coming out soon?

do you mean these?

personally, i'm a sucker for gum bottom soles...in terms of cw...it's between the grey or pink for me...prolly leanin' a bit more towards the pink, just because i already have some other shoes in mostly grey colors...plus the pink really pops (almost salmon in color on the close-up/teaser shot)...

Last edited:
^yea that's the collection. I like em but I think the ones that came out a few months ago are better(silver and gold ones). Tempted to cop a pair, but might pass with the massive nike restock coming in a few weeks.

Whats up with those "only in soho" joints. Are they ever going to wind up releasing in the US? Did they even release yet?

The Soho hasn't been released yet. There was an issue w/ the craftmanship. @ least from what's been said, it seems that's the issue. I hope they drop in the US.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind why Saucony keeps doing collabs with Bodega. Every single Bodega collab since the Shadow 5000's in 2010 are trash. These color/pattern schemes are worse than what Nike's SB line went through post grey box.

for those who still want the white mountaineering courageous: USASPRING20 20% all US orders.  brings them down to about $270 shipped.  still alot but those blues ones make the blood rush to my "head"

hope it helps someone out

still looking for some grey devils :smokin

i need on feet pictures of white mountaineering collabs before i pull trig....still hesitant

still looking for some grey devils
smokin.gif

i need on feet pictures of white mountaineering collabs before i pull trig....still hesitant
The WM x Jazz that came out awhile ago with alternate leather laces.  Not yet sure which one looks better, but I'm leaning more towards the standard laces.

You would think that with how much money these were you'd get some spare laces, but nope =/.  Still nice though.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just wondering, what shoe do you guys believe is the most comfortable in terms of just casual walking: Saucony or Asics? 

Thanks. Please be specific if you can.

^ You're going to need to be a bit more specific first please. Are there a couple models from each brand you are interested in? It's impossible to compare brands comfort as a whole since models vary in comfort

^Alright, well, I bought the Saucony Grid 9000 but I haven't yet wore them since I'm abroad. I was thinking about buying Asics Gel Lyte III. I just wanted a comparison if that is possible.

Last edited:
hot fire....just might pull the trig on those WM collabs

260 at end right now........i probably will regret sleeping on these.....decisions

^Alright, well, I bought the Saucony Grid 9000 but I haven't yet wore them since I'm abroad. I was thinking about buying Asics Gel Lyte III. I just wanted a comparison if that is possible.

Perfect, I happen to own both models 1 pair of Grids and 6 pairs of Gel Lyte iii.  While both are very comfy for me, I think the Grids win in the comfort department.  Personally I prefer the GLiii though, much better for my personal style.   

Last edited:
Perfect, I happen to own both models 1 pair of Grids and 6 pairs of Gel Lyte iii.  While both are very comfy for me, I think the Grids win in the comfort department.  Personally I prefer the GLiii though, much better for my personal style.   
Thank you very much, I get what you mean. I do prefer the Asics in terms of style, I got one pair of Saucony and one pair of Asics so far (I haven't wore yet) maybe I got the best of both worlds.

The Soho hasn't been released yet. They was an issue w/ the craftmanship. @ least from what's been said, it seems that's the issue. I hope they drop in the US.
did not know this, thanks

It boggles my mind why Saucony keeps doing collabs with Bodega. Every single Bodega collab since the Shadow 5000's in 2010 are trash. These color/pattern schemes are worse than what Nike's SB line went through post grey box.

I wouldn't say that, everything was pretty awesome until after the first batch of Grids came out in 2011. The colors blocking was well done and the materials were fantastic. I just found my Grey/Blue Master Controls, gonna have to break them out this week.

Back
Top Bottom