Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

one of my bestfriends actually created this colorway during his internship at Saucony

he made a sample of them a year ago and was salty that they released them

why would he be salty that they released them? would he have preferred that they just stayed in sample form forever? i would think that he could put on his resume that something he designed (at least in terms of colorblocking) actually shipped and reached retail, and to show how popular they were. it might land him an actual job later as a designer (and not just an internship).

if he's salty because he thinks he should've gotten royalties or something for his contribution during his internship, i can totally understand that, but with any big companies or corporations, anything that employees come up with while employed (which includes internships) by that company, the company owns it...and it's in their full right to fully exploit it (commercially or otherwise)...

I believe it's cause they told him that they wouldn't sell it and he wanted it to be a 1 of 1 basically

and I don't even think they gave him any credit for his work

he does work for New Balance now though.. probably one of the most dedicated to his craft I know

I believe it's cause they told him that they wouldn't sell it and he wanted it to be a 1 of 1 basically
and I don't even think they gave him any credit for his work
he does work for New Balance now though.. probably one of the most dedicated to his craft I know

i see. yeah, that's shady on whoever his manager(s) at saucony were at the time to have told him that they wouldn't ever use it for commercial purposes. regardless, even if they didn't officially credit him for his work, he definitely has the proof that he did it, so it can go on his resume/portfolio...

and more on the bright side, at least he has what appears to be 1 of 1 master controls in that same colorway...

Those Master Controls are pretty hot as hell. I need to pull up my pairs of those and bring them back into use, such an under rated shoe.

Super legit and i am very satisfied..they even sent

tongue.gif
43einhalb - 1 All other shops - 0. 

a picture of them when we were roommates (2012)
Prefer the colorblocking on the grid 9ks, but the master controls look clean 
pimp.gif

Those Master Controls are pretty hot as hell. I need to pull up my pairs of those and bring them back into use, such an under rated shoe.
Definitely underrated, still can't find the round 5 bodegas in my size anywhere 
nerd.gif

Tasting the salt. 

Missed DMs and now Mars pack. Not 100% feeling Anteaters but I may try to grab them if the US spots release online.

So did these grid 9000 3 dots release yet? The pack of 3 blue, red, and green colorways. I haven't been keeping up with release dates on sauconys, but I want a pair of these.

omg those controls are much nicer than the grids imo!

Thanks for sharing the pic and the story about them, that's what's up :nthat:

Last edited:
What was the largest size available in the first few rounds of Bodega Saucony Elites? I know it's tough going for thos3 as far as big footers go, but does anyone know?

Saw your pics on eBay currensy.

Honestly made me want the red pair now...

But not for your price lol

I wish the sock liner wasn't white on the red/red premiers, just doesn't look right to me.

Last edited:
Saw your pics on eBay currensy.

Honestly made me want the red pair now...

But not for your price lol

Nah that's not me, I was just browsing ebay and those were the 1st pics I seen of them in some "natural light".

Edited my post.

Last edited:

thanks mate.. 
happy.gif
 i like them very much..as for @azrael  you know the half story.. i m telling you, i have some doubts that even my brother would not act like he did :tongue:

did you cop??
Indeed! I was able to cop a pair off UBiQ's website on the initial release. Lot's of headaches but it went through. Love my pair, can't wait to get the LOM Premiere's in at the end of the week now, lol. 

Back
Top Bottom