OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

SinnerP wrote:

Well, a nice winning streak will put this issue to bed (pun intended).
yessir
pimp.gif
once again, Thank god for the O's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

At least you guys will get a good haul for Lee at the deadline.
I also wonder if Bedard pitches well consistently we can use him for trade bait to a contender for some young players too

Tui hasnt done much with his chances but I'd still like to see him get more consistent playing time

Good to see Saunders having some early success
smokin.gif
, please keep it going kid..we NEED it
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Eh, Bedard being a lefty with elbow injuries the catch from a trade will always be limited. But you will get at least 3 good prospects (1 MLB ready) for Lee if he continues like this.

How's my favorite bust Dustin Ackley doing?

Originally Posted by Proshares

How's my favorite bust Dustin Ackley doing?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Heard he's been picking it up a little after that horrible start
OK, so there's not much good about the second overall pick in the 2009 draft hitting .200/.344/.314 in his first 128 plate appearances. Dustin Ackley can loft a ball with backspin out of the park with some regularity in batting practice, but the Mariners second baseman has shown little power in pro ball, with only one home run in 29 games with Double-A West Tenn. But after a terrible April, Ackley is starting to put things together. Ackley went 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles yesterday, and in his last nine games he's gone 10-for-30 and hit .333/.474/.533. That's really not a meaningful sample for any analysis, but he's at least been better lately. Given the aggressive assignment to Double-A and learning a new position, Ackley has a lot on his plate right now, so let's wait until at least the all-star break to figure out what his slow start means.

i know its early but here's some fun math..

right now the mariners are on pace to win about 75 games

90 wins will give them a decent chance to win the AL west, they would need to win games at about a .600 pace for the rest of the season (like the phillies so far)

95 wins would give them a really good chance at winning the AL west, they would need to win games at about a .650 pace for the rest of the season (win 2 out of every 3 games for the rest of the season)

throw in the towel?

there's always the seahawks

What has happened the last few days? Both times when I've had work, and the M's play relatively early, I listen to the game in my car for lunch and leave when the game is in later innings only to hear that on both occasions they choke.

League isn't too hot right, but Wak isn't helping anyone's cause lately.

Sweeney should've been in the lineup from day 1. Coming out of spring the way he did, Wak made it very evident early on that he either doesn't know how to manage a ball club, or over manages to the extent of costing his team games.

In all honestly, the way this lineup looks tacked on to the handling of the bullpen...This team is only bad because of Wak.

What's up with Wak's use of the bullpen? Using League way too much, and Colome is a blowout game kind of guy, not a close game clutch pitcher.

smh.gif

Who else can we get rid of? should have dealt Lopez when his stock was looking decent last year

Never seen a team with this many players batting under .200, let alone the one's who barely bat over that

RRS and Snell switch spots in the starting rotation...what's the difference
laugh.gif

The M's other option was to call up lefty Luke French (4-1, 1.64 in eight starts) from Tacoma to take Rowland-Smith's spot in the rotation. But that would have left the dilemma of who to send down to clear a roster spot. Rowland-Smith is out of options, and the M's are not going to risk losing him. They have already shown a reluctance to risk losing Jesus Colome, who would also have to clear waivers to re-join Tacoma.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cg...60&zsection_id=2008812012&slug=&date=20100518

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php

How many wildpitches/passed balls do we have this year? Walks killing us in the late innings as well. Another walk-off...
smh.gif
Sickening and frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom