:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone apply coconut oil to their Jordans after cleaning them up with Jason Markk/Crep Protect/Reshove:nerd:r? Specifically to condition the leather?

Coconut oil is an active ingredient in Jason Markk. Can't speak for the others...

First time in this thread, I have a question maybe someone can help me with. Just recently pulled my Retro 6 maroons out to wear, because I hardly ever wear them (too bulky for my taste). Well my laces have turned maroon, I'm assuming the maroon tongue blead onto laces... can they be cleaned? If not could someone recommend a set of laces to replace them with? (I'm mainly clueless on the length, width or where to even start looking). I'd like to get a set as close to the laces that originally came with them, but have no clue where to even start looking...any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

So I'm thinking about breaking out my Bordeaux XIIs and I haven't owned any suede shoes in a LONG time. I want to try and protect these from bleeding, and I'm guessing that if they get wet they're ruined, right?

Can somebody tell me what I should do with these before I ever even wear them and how to maintain quality and prevent bleeding after I start wearing them? Thanks in advance!

So I'm thinking about breaking out my Bordeaux XIIs and I haven't owned any suede shoes in a LONG time. I want to try and protect these from bleeding, and I'm guessing that if they get wet they're ruined, right?

Can somebody tell me what I should do with these before I ever even wear them and how to maintain quality and prevent bleeding after I start wearing them? Thanks in advance!

Before you wear. spray them with a suede protector. Suede bleeds when it rubs against something i.e. friction.. It can bleed wet or dry. But applying a sealant to the suede is your best bet. you can try taking a paper towel. Rub lightly on an unoticable area to test if it will bleed or not.

Before you wear. spray them with a suede protector. Suede bleeds when it rubs against something i.e. friction.. It can bleed wet or dry. But applying a sealant to the suede is your best bet. you can try taking a paper towel. Rub lightly on an unoticable area to test if it will bleed or not.

Much appreciated man. Is there a good brand that you'd recommend?

Much appreciated man. Is there a good brand that you'd recommend?
Anytime, glad to help.

personally I use kiwi. Put angelus even new balance and many brands their own. I think your safe using any brand. Just follow the instructions. Spray outside holding the can about 6 inches away. Let them sit and dry for 30 minutes then spray again. Id repeat the process every few months.

Recently purchased had a feeling the Nike Check would be yellowed. I have 3 options and wanted to get opinions.

1. Leave alone
2. Paint
3. Sole brite

Thoughts, suggestions???

Attachments

• 01320332-0EB9-450E-8DCB-ACBF1F0B79A5.jpeg
    01320332-0EB9-450E-8DCB-ACBF1F0B79A5.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 12
Just purchased these and would like to clean them up a little. Wondering what's best for the upper and the sole yellowing. Thanks
IMG_20171210_195514.jpg

Just purchased these and would like to clean them up.need suggestions for what's best for upper and the sole yellowing. Thanks in advance. IMG_20171210_195514.jpg

E436C51A-EB65-4D07-A5D6-A40890EBC5BF.jpeg
121EBE48-1F03-4935-BD9C-50872EE92C30.jpeg
28F740D6-3915-4670-B42A-AE3FA1699978.jpeg
004833C8-4A89-4F5A-8420-66D1A4374D91.jpeg
Need to touch up the toe box on these but don’t want to use the wrong white as these are vintage anybody have any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated thank you

Hi guys i have a pair of Bred 11's i wanted to clean. Is using a Mister clean magic eraser ok for cleaning the whole shoe? Thanks.

Sup people! I'm planning on restoring some AF1's and need some lights. For the sole ill be using bright sole, best product right? For paiting tho, guys on youtube use angelus acrylic leather paint and the matte finisher from the same company? Just mix the two and i'm done right?

Urgent guys! I was cleaning today my collection and found that 3 pairs of aj's 1 (so far) have something like glitter on the leather, I don't know what is this and why this happen, has anyone seen this before? This happen especially on 2 pairs of bred's 1 and a bred toe pair
20171219_202522.jpg 20171219_202529.jpg 20171219_202507.jpg

Last edited:
Urgent guys! I was cleaning today my collection and found that 3 pairs of aj's 1 (so far) have something like glitter on the leather, I don't know what is this and why this happen, has anyone see this before? This happen especially on 2 pairs of bred's 1 and a bred toe pair
20171219_202522.jpg 20171219_202529.jpg 20171219_202507.jpg

I've just heard of this recently. It could be coming from the box or tissue paper I've heard, and it only really effects the black leather areas. The good news is that it will mostly just wash off. It's wierd though.

Is it okay if I take the usual soft brush and reshovn8r to the green gatorade 6s? The suede seems so delicate and I dont want to mess them up.

I've been meaning to ask y'all this for the longest, but my pair of OG Playoff 11's, I bought a year ago, were in outstanding DS condition. The only real flaw was a little yellow midsole glue, and this weird spot on the patent leather, on the heel. Here are some pictures.

WP_20180112_23_55_05_Rich.jpg

WP_20180112_23_54_57_Rich.jpg
WP_20180112_23_54_57_Rich.jpg

Now, that spot has gotten bigger, and is turning white. Can help me out, or tell me what to do, to fix it ASAP!!! Thanks!!

Attachments

• WP_20180112_23_55_05_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180112_23_55_05_Rich.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 2
I would try:

1. Clean with a little bit of Acetone and a Q Tip the Spot, but careful.
2. Slightly thin Codes with a thin Brush and Angelus Black ( not the Flat Black ).
3. Try different Finisher. First try the Matt Finisher. With the normal Angelus black it cames out really shiny. Its not shiny enough, you can simply go over with high gloss Finisher.

Back
Top Bottom