:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I’m eventually going to hoop in a couple white based knit (xxxi and 2016 ce Low) is there a spray/ repellent better than others? I hooped in the ivory PG1s and that toebox got dirty af with the quickness. Any insight is greatly appreciated, TIA

do comfortable sneaker shields exist? i tried on a friends a long time ago and i remembered them being stiff and hard af.

Hey just wondering if there is any sort of fix to this, I copped this pair at FTL and when I got home I noticed this smooth spot on the toe box of the left shoe. Is there anything I can use/do to fix that? I really don’t wanna return the pair.

Attachments

• 37538FF9-8698-49DF-8D3B-CA3A4496D40E.jpeg
    37538FF9-8698-49DF-8D3B-CA3A4496D40E.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 58
Hey just wondering if there is any sort of fix to this, I copped this pair at FTL and when I got home I noticed this smooth spot on the toe box of the left shoe. Is there anything I can use/do to fix that? I really don’t wanna return the pair.
Nope no fix

Maybe a little glossy finisher on it would make it blend it better, but that's straight up leather damage. I'd recommend trying to grab a second pair if possible and maybe at the least swap that foot out.

0C755721-95A1-408A-9D80-73D1E1510802.jpeg
If I store my sneakers like this is that bad? I do wear them as often as I can.

I realize a little dust is a factor but the closet is climate controlled and no sunlight ever comes in.

I just don’t like the look of the drop down boxes plus my wife isn’t cool with it.

Thanks for your opinions!

I realize a little dust is a factor but the closet is climate controlled and no sunlight ever comes in.

I just don’t like the look of the drop down boxes plus my wife isn’t cool with it.

Looks nice, I personally go drop fronts

35A33B1B-A286-4480-BFEA-EE94B153680C.jpeg
95503419-2946-4E58-AFCD-B9A35A7487B2.jpeg

Help me out peeps. I got some Olympic 7s (2004 release) that I ran across in the back of the closet. Still in great condition structurally and I want to wear em. Only thing is the “vintage” discoloration on the toes. Anything I can do th spiff up the toes? Been out of the shoe game for a while, so I’m not up with the latest techniques. Thanks

awesome lineup

35A33B1B-A286-4480-BFEA-EE94B153680C.jpeg
95503419-2946-4E58-AFCD-B9A35A7487B2.jpeg

Help me out peeps. I got some Olympic 7s (2004 release) that I ran across in the back of the closet. Still in great condition structurally and I want to wear em. Only thing is the “vintage” discoloration on the toes. Anything I can do th spiff up the toes? Been out of the shoe game for a while, so I’m not up with the latest techniques. Thanks

Salon Care 40 peroxide. Buy it from Sallys or any hair care supply store. Leave em in the sun for an hour or two. Should whiten them thangs up!

Sorry if I am posting this is the wrong area. Haven’t worn these J14s in a long time. Any way I can get rid of this yellowing?
7EF0B6E1-A43B-41AD-845C-B492E18BC0C8.jpeg

i used to have my shoes like this for years and what i noticed was that they would yellow faster on my 3s the back tabs would yellow super quick

Cool Photo.

Hey guys, so i bought this pair of classic green 4's on ebay for pretty cheap and im having a few problems with them
First off i'd like to know if they're even legit cause i dont really know that much about jordans
Second, the main problem is the leather is all crumbling and stuff (pics in the link) and the midsole is separating at some spots and obviously yellow af, i already got some angelus paint and some finishers for the midsole but before i do all that i'd like to know if i can even wear them or what can i do to save them? I tried going over some small scratches and scuffs with a qtip and paint but it didnt really help
And i put tape on the shoe and small parts of the leather literally came off with it
Also another weird thing is the tags inside the shoes say its a US size 9, EUR 42.5 but i wear a size 7 or 7.5 and they fit me perfectly, the insoles (which are like brand new) are 25.5cm which is the usual size 7.5
The shoe also has 100% stars and only small creasing on the toebox, its like its a brand new shoe but the leather and midsole and the tag have me all confused if its a fake or just stuff that happens over time i guess
Alright way too many words lmao but heres the link:
https://imgur. com/a/37hKO

Any help and feedback is appreciated!

angelus paint, black specifically. 99% isopropyl alcohol to prep the area then apply about 5-8 coats and you are done. Would take me less than 20 mins to fix.

Sorry if I am posting this is the wrong area. Haven’t worn these J14s in a long time. Any way I can get rid of this yellowing?

yes, salon care 40 from sally's (not liquid form you want the creme). apply to the yellowed areas, cover with saran wrap tightly and either put it under a full spectrum light or in direct sunlight (if sunlight I suggest 30 mins at a time so that you don't cause separation). wash off when done and you are back to white again.

same tip as above, paint will chip and crack away easily on the front. salon care will turn it back to white again easily and is a much longer solution than paint. salon care 40, wrap with saran wrap and put it in sunlight or full specrum indoor lamp. Those aren't that yellow compared to others i've worked on so should be an easy fix.

Hey guys, so i bought this pair of classic green 4's on ebay for pretty cheap and im having a few problems with them
First off i'd like to know if they're even legit cause i dont really know that much about jordans
Second, the main problem is the leather is all crumbling and stuff (pics in the link) and the midsole is separating at some spots and obviously yellow af, i already got some angelus paint and some finishers for the midsole but before i do all that i'd like to know if i can even wear them or what can i do to save them? I tried going over some small scratches and scuffs with a qtip and paint but it didnt really help
And i put tape on the shoe and small parts of the leather literally came off with it
Also another weird thing is the tags inside the shoes say its a US size 9, EUR 42.5 but i wear a size 7 or 7.5 and they fit me perfectly, the insoles (which are like brand new) are 25.5cm which is the usual size 7.5
The shoe also has 100% stars and only small creasing on the toebox, its like its a brand new shoe but the leather and midsole and the tag have me all confused if its a fake or just stuff that happens over time i guess
Alright way too many words lmao but heres the link:
https://imgur. com/a/37hKO

Any help and feedback is appreciated!

K, no picture of the tag but the shoe does look legit. If this is your first repair I would recommend you start on a different shoe. The condition that this one is in is rough and a beginner would have a tough time getting this to look back to normal. It's going to be a lot more prep than just acetone/alcohol. Where it's cracked/peeling and gouged you can just paint over it but that will look like crap. Get a leather repair kit (visbella on amazon has most of what you need) and start by stripping the shoe first. Then repair the cracking/gouges you have using the kit. Once your surface is smooth then you can begin your painting on the upper. If you just paint over you risk more cracking or it coming back.

As for the midsole it looks like it needs a swap, the bubble isn't clear anymore and that can sometimes be a sign of the midsole getting ready to crumble but the easiest way to find out is wear them. I have some shoes from 06 that are okay but my 01 BC3's needed a swap. Those being from 04 you could be pushing it but you won't know till you start to use them. looks to me like someone didn't wear them much and then just stored them.

I haven't put any glue but how could I clamp these together I can't think of any ways. I dont feel like holding on to them for hours
15195961292931804405789.jpg

K, no picture of the tag but the shoe does look legit. If this is your first repair I would recommend you start on a different shoe. The condition that this one is in is rough and a beginner would have a tough time getting this to look back to normal. It's going to be a lot more prep than just acetone/alcohol. Where it's cracked/peeling and gouged you can just paint over it but that will look like crap. Get a leather repair kit (visbella on amazon has most of what you need) and start by stripping the shoe first. Then repair the cracking/gouges you have using the kit. Once your surface is smooth then you can begin your painting on the upper. If you just paint over you risk more cracking or it coming back.

As for the midsole it looks like it needs a swap, the bubble isn't clear anymore and that can sometimes be a sign of the midsole getting ready to crumble but the easiest way to find out is wear them. I have some shoes from 06 that are okay but my 01 BC3's needed a swap. Those being from 04 you could be pushing it but you won't know till you start to use them. looks to me like someone didn't wear them much and then just stored them.

Alright thank you man, well honestly i dont even want to try to get the leather back in shape or whatever, just wondering if its safe to wear them (like once a month probably) wont be a shoe i will wear on the daily, and as for the midsole i was walking around in them at home for a while and they felt good, probably just gonna repaint the midsole and leave them how they are and only wear them on special occasions
Do you know why they are 2 sizes smaller than they say they are? Like that confuses me a lot..
Pic of the tag: https://imgur. com/uijs6q3

Last edited:
Alright thank you man, well honestly i dont even want to try to get the leather back in shape or whatever, just wondering if its safe to wear them (like once a month probably) wont be a shoe i will wear on the daily, and as for the midsole i was walking around in them at home for a while and they felt good, probably just gonna repaint the midsole and leave them how they are and only wear them on special occasions
Do you know why they are 2 sizes smaller than they say they are? Like that confuses me a lot..
Pic of the tag: https://imgur. com/uijs6q3

I don't know that they are 2 sizes smaller, only way to find out would be to compare them with another shoe same model same size and see if there was a mess up at the factory with the tag. I've been wearing jordans since 87, personally I can go anywhere from an 8.5 all the way up to a 10 depending on which shoe it is in the line up and even the year can make some difference. unless you know someone with the same shoe and size it's gonna be hard to explain lol.

I haven't put any glue but how could I clamp these together I can't think of any ways. I dont feel like holding on to them for hours
15195961292931804405789.jpg

need more pictures to give you an idea how to approach it. better quality and lighting would help give you plan of attack.

I don't know that they are 2 sizes smaller, only way to find out would be to compare them with another shoe same model same size and see if there was a mess up at the factory with the tag. I've been wearing jordans since 87, personally I can go anywhere from an 8.5 all the way up to a 10 depending on which shoe it is in the line up and even the year can make some difference. unless you know someone with the same shoe and size it's gonna be hard to explain lol.

Well i measured the insole and its 25.5cm which usually is like a size 7.5, tag says 9 tho so its kinda a big difference idk, like is it possible for older shoes to shrink?
Thats what the seller said too they were stored away cause they didnt even fit lol
Its just really confusing but i appreciate your feedback and will probably post an update once i repainted the midsoles
Also btw, the 4s midsoles on the classic green or pure money are rather glossy/shiny than matte right?

Well i measured the insole and its 25.5cm which usually is like a size 7.5, tag says 9 tho so its kinda a big difference idk, like is it possible for older shoes to shrink?
Thats what the seller said too they were stored away cause they didnt even fit lol
Its just really confusing but i appreciate your feedback and will probably post an update once i repainted the midsoles
Also btw, the 4s midsoles on the classic green or pure money are rather glossy/shiny than matte right?
midsole on the greens is definitely glossy. none of my old stuff has shrank, you sure the insole is the original. I run into all kinds of replacements.

Back
Top Bottom