OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Will we see PTON under $100? Under $90?
Who’s buying?
Already bounced from sub-100 back to 105. Could see it selling off tmrw anyways and going to 90ish.

Lowering the cost of their entry level bike is a big move towards gaining more market share and keeping demand up. We'll see if it pays off. If it does, the company is setting up for a GOOD long term future. If they have a disappointing Christmas season, I'll be exiting and taking the L.

107 is the pivot that needs to hold

cheaper bike id better long term but could be a headwind short term. Subscription growth and low churn was solid; I’m not worried.

107 is the pivot that needs to hold

cheaper bike id better long term but could be a headwind short term. Subscription growth and low churn was solid; I’m not worried.
Exactly and better analysis than my post :lol: They still had like 100%+ growth year over year. They arent slowing down but ksteezy ksteezy needs to start posting IG videos riding his Peloton in his Figs.

PTON gamification/gaming is a strong strategic move but their marketing is TRASH still
They only appeal to rich people still which needs to change. They can maintain their brand power by widening their scope more and pushing the app. No one in a one bedroom apartment in the working class is buying the bike, but they should be using the app for $12.99 a month. Peloton needs to do a better job marketing their body weight, yoga, Pilates classes, etc and let people know it’s more than just a bike. I don’t even have their bike (although I would’ve bought it at this price level) but use the app with my bowflex bike all the time and have used their other classes at home. There’s major potential here and nearly 0 churn once you enter the ecosystem.

Yeah feel like we’ve talked about it a bunch in here. The app is what’s really gonna do things for the company, more so than the hardware. Definitely need to do a better job marketing the off-machine workouts.

Damb bros, Loup Ventures called selling PTON right now equivalent to selling AAPL when they cut the price on their iPods. BIG call there. I'm not even that bullish :lol:

Exited PTON at 112 a share after re-entering at 84 during the tread selloff. Not as bullish on them in the long-term as I thought I was but may re-enter for a third time later.

Consolidating my portfolio and building up my cash because I want to reassess my strategy. Interested in dividend investing. Goal is $2k average monthly passive income by 50. Want to have the option to retire and live in Costa Rica if I wanted too :lol:. Currently in my early 30s so don’t want to neglect growth companies. But maybe crypto offers the growth potential I’m looking for. Learning more about managing beta too. Only holding VOO, VTI, XYLD, NUSI, O, STAG, DIS, ABNB and SQ at the moment. Have my eye on NVDA though.

Also need to take a closer look at my 401k and Roth IRA in comparison to my personal portfolio.

Man you want a stable dividend get into Apple. Savings account with real interest rate payouts :lol: That or load up on dividend aristocrats in stable industries.

PTON lost over $300M

their founder is former Barnes and noble CEO (i.e. knows how to not evolve)

I’m not a buyer

Exited PTON at 112 a share after re-entering at 84 during the tread selloff. Not as bullish on them in the long-term as I thought I was but may re-enter for a third time later.

Consolidating my portfolio and building up my cash because I want to reassess my strategy. Interested in dividend investing. Goal is $2k average monthly passive income by 50. Want to have the option to retire and live in Costa Rica if I wanted too :lol:. Currently in my early 30s so don’t want to neglect growth companies. But maybe crypto offers the growth potential I’m looking for. Learning more about managing beta too. Only holding VOO, VTI, XYLD, NUSI, O, STAG, DIS, ABNB and SQ at the moment. Have my eye on NVDA though.

Also need to take a closer look at my 401k and Roth IRA in comparison to my personal portfolio.
If you reached your goal at 50 to get $2K/mo in dividends how much $ do you think you’ll have invested in those companies

Yeah feel like we’ve talked about it a bunch in here. The app is what’s really gonna do things for the company, more so than the hardware. Definitely need to do a better job marketing the off-machine workouts.

They need you to run marketing b

Hope y’all got in on ROCK 📈
70469A84-F87F-4CE3-847D-254E6ABDCBB2.png

Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 08/28/2021. Tesla seems to be consolidating and forming a floor of support at just above the $700 level. Its held support of the 50 and 200DMA, as well as the uptrend line going back to May 19. My presumption is that Tesla will hold above these support levels and run to the next key resistance level at around $750. A break above that, and it will likely run into the major resistance level at around $810. To the downside, as I mentioned, the 50 and 200DMA will act as support at around 676. If it breaks below that level, the next key support comes at around $658

Tesla news this week includes:
  • Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas: ‘..cannot help but see parallels between Elon Musk..and those of Thomas Edison..’
  • Tesla China July Production numbers
  • Tesla enters the top 5 of 50 most innovative companies in 2021
  • Tesla’s “Autobidder” is scaring Germany’s utility providers
  • Public FSD Beta button available in about a month
  • Tesla applies to sell electricity to Texas residents

If you reached your goal at 50 to get $2K/mo in dividends how much $ do you think you’ll have invested in those companies
It would take roughly 1.2M invested based on today’s prices of my current holdings. But that’s today dollars. That number will look very different 15-20 years from now once you factor in assumed capital and real estate appreciation, dividend reinvesting, and inflation.

Seems daunting but all you can do is keep working towards it and adjust as necessary.

If passive income is your goal, you can get to $2k passive income way faster, like in under 3 years, in real estate with a much lower investment, about $100k-$120k (plus the bank's money of course)

Back
Top Bottom