OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Unlike you, I don't have a crystal ball. Time will tell, but I feel like it's smarter to go long actual crypto vs. an exchange if one is betting on the space.

With an exchange you are getting into innovation/M&A as well - who knows if COIN buys Opensea etc?

Why not do both?

With an exchange you are getting into innovation/M&A as well - who knows if COIN buys Opensea etc?

Why not do both?

That's why it's something I struggle with. I've been tempted to open a position on several occasions but haven't yet, cause I feel like my logic is sound. Not saying I'm right and not saying I won't open a position, just haven't to this point.

Do you think COIN can detach itself from the cyprto market value trajectory?

The irony of you quoting that post is so on brand. Never change.

Bro you have some sort of beef with me for no reason - it’s all love from my side man, I’ve given you love in multiple threads.

Again buying and holding and not timing a market is the best approach for 99% of people and not a damn thing wrong with that.

Bro you have some sort of beef with me for no reason - it’s all love from my side man, I’ve given you love in multiple threads.

Again buying and holding and not timing a market is the best approach for 99% of people and not a damn thing wrong with that.

No beef. You sometimes post cryptic messages that (to me) can come across as arrogant. That's fine though. I trust you're a great guy and I trust you truly want to see and help fellow NTers do big things. I think that's awesome and applaud you for that. Beers on me if you're ever in Orlando.

Really feels like everyone is waiting on AAPL earnings at this point. If they follow the other FAANG stocks, it's a wrap. Easily can see another 15% drop.

Also, no one seems to be able to answer this question. For all of these companies that left Russia, how are these profits being replaced? That's a solid chunk gone no matter how you look at it.

They won't be replaced. How you view Russia's importance to growth stocks will shape your forward-looking view of these growth stocks overall profitability.

If I were able to, I'd have bought as much NFLX as possible after the selloff last week.

If I were able to, I'd have bought as much NFLX as possible after the selloff last week.
man, you’re braver than me. I get where your coming from but I’d be too worried nflx is in trouble long term from all the competition, and I don’t really want any company in that space… even though DIS obviously has a lot of other revenue sources I hate their theme parks personally 😂 so not even dis for me

man, you’re braver than me. I get where your coming from but I’d be too worried nflx is in trouble long term from all the competition, and I don’t really want any company in that space… even though DIS obviously has a lot of other revenue sources I hate their theme parks personally 😂 so not even dis for me
Cannibalization is imminent and the space will shrink in terms of # of players. NFLX still has growth ops for ads and live stuff. Probably PPV first but can expand into other areas. I'm bullish on them at this price, but DIS is the only other one I'd buy. :lol:

All of the Netflix talk and many seem to be ignoring the obvious - there’s no “good” content anymore. Movies are mostly bad and originals are bad. It was better when they focused on quality and not quantity. Anything else that they do is merely a band-aid.

All of the Netflix talk and many seem to be ignoring the obvious - there’s no “good” content anymore. Movies are mostly bad and originals are bad. It was better when they focused on quality and not quantity. Anything else that they do is merely a band-aid.
Yeah we discussed that

“Competition”

Too many players- content gets watery

Noskey suspects nflx will emerge ahead as competition cannibalizes each other

I agree they need a certified banger or two. Something that catches fire and is must see tv.

If ad revenue is their strategy for increasing revenue, idk if how much it will turn off viewers will offset the $. I have Hulu with commercials and that would really annoy Netflix users.

You guys forget Netflix drops about one zeitgeist dominating show per year, at least. They cancel some too quickly and yes they let some run too long. Quality or not, they get their views and revenue.

The films they put out tho are unbelievably bad.

Really feels like everyone is waiting on AAPL earnings at this point. If they follow the other FAANG stocks, it's a wrap. Easily can see another 15% drop.

Also, no one seems to be able to answer this question. For all of these companies that left Russia, how are these profits being replaced? That's a solid chunk gone no matter how you look at it.

I doubt we see that market come back for quite a while. It's a blow, but not a devastating one.

Russia GDP : 1.8 T

Seems like a lot but in comparison to the other big players:
US: 25.3 T
China: 19.9 T
EU: 14.4 T
Japan: 4.9 T
UK: 3.3 T
India: 3.2 T

I’m prepared for a down year in stocks. Possibly next year might have a sideways year too. Tryna accumulate as much cash as possible at this point unless there are entry points I can’t refuse to buy into.

Elon Musk is probably the smartest guy at offloading restricted stock ever. Always has some crazy story attached to it. Then when he has no shares he's gonna come out and say "oh BTW the cars don't work"

Oh you want me to pay taxes? Gotta sell shares. I want to buy Twitter. Gotta sell more shares though. The market won't care that I'm doing it cause I have some crazy story that's bigger than the story that I'm selling shares attached to it.

Elon Musk is probably the smartest guy at offloading restricted stock ever. Always has some crazy story attached to it. Then when he has no shares he's gonna come out and say "oh BTW the cars don't work"

Oh you want me to pay taxes? Gotta sell shares. I want to buy Twitter. Gotta sell more shares though. The market won't care that I'm doing it cause I have some crazy story that's bigger than the story that I'm selling shares attached to it.
But he didn’t sell shares for the twtr purchase though?

Netflix was always over valued. Definitely needed a correction.

It having good content back then and a no brainer 7-9/month was very appealing.
Them losing a ton of shows like Office and those HBO/ showtime shows probably hurt as well.
Also when they drop new shows everyone can just just watch it real quick and unsub.

Back
Top Bottom