OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I didn’t know this bloodbath was going to be so drawn out 😔.
I really wasn’t interested in the market pre2020. So I never experienced previous crashes or bear markets. I saw that covid flash crash that recovered so damn fast, and in the back of my mind had the mentality of “you can’t time the market. Time in the market >”.
We knew rate hikes were coming and the ARKK type growth companies were going to get beat down, I just thought maybe they’d rip the bandaid, valuations would correct quickly and we’d be on our way. Like trying to time an exit and re-entry would be foolish.

In hindsight, just should’ve went all cash in November at the least, if not even shorting the F out of growth. Now I’m still wondering if it’s not too late to go all cash and buy back our highest conviction names at a lower entry. Only like 8 months late on that so idk if it’s too late to bother. I did raise some cash over the past few months but not even close to enough. Like why am I still holding shares if I know it’s going lower??

Just keep loading up

Think of this as DS OG Chi 1’s going for almost retail when they originally released in 1985

This is a mega sale, keep buying and dont pay no mind to the news or the red

This is where thousandnaires/millionaires are made

Just keep loading up

Think of this as DS OG Chi 1’s going for almost retail when they originally released in 1985

This is a mega sale, keep buying and dont pay no mind to the news or the red

This is where thousandnaires/millionaires are made

There’s only so many times we can give this guidance - people want bear markets to “load up” and then complain when they are gone.

You know who IS? The institutional sharp money - buying opportunities everywhere

There’s only so many times we can give this guidance - people want bear markets to “load up” and then complain when they are gone.

You know who IS? The institutional sharp money - buying opportunities everywhere
I thought these sharps were hoarding and stacking cash since these lows have a ways to go.

Or have they pivoted and starting buying already?

I thought these sharps were hoarding and stacking cash since these lows have a ways to go.

Or have they pivoted and starting buying already?
That’s what I’m sayin

I’m not losing sleep over this, I just want to make a move now, even if it’s late, if a move is better than standing pat

If were still on our way down, which we are, then why hodl

That’s what I’m sayin

I’m not losing sleep over this, I just want to make a move now, even if it’s late, if a move is better than standing pat

If were still on our way down, which we are, then why hodl

Then just buy quality brother

I’m still loading up weekly and shorting the crap out of a bunch of things - my philosophy hasn’t changed in the last 9 months

Quality > timing

This looks like a glitch in the system...

Screenshot_20220629-072044_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

Because if it aint... :wow: :wow:...come up of the century for anyone who held puts into today.

Edit-just read that they did a 10 for 1...that explains it...lol

U live and learn

What did you do ?

I've been eating off NVDA weeklies. $300 here, $400 there, $500 there. Not home runs, but enough to raise some cash, which in my case was actually going toward paying down my margin...lol.

My investment approach in this new environment of volatility is to just string together lil wins here and there instead of aiming for home runs. My approach was working until I got greedy today and decided to go for a homerun with $GOOG. Entered the trade at like 9.45 am and exited at like 12 pm with an L that erased my lil string of wins over the last few weeks. Even worse, my put play for goog ended up being profitable later in the afternoon.

Mistake #1: I got greedy and overconfident.
Mistake #2: I compounded my mistake by getting more emotional and selling when I should have just held firm.

Like you said, lesson learned...but this ishh really screwed my whole day up. Had me at work like...

mcnulty-pissed.gif

I've been eating off NVDA weeklies. $300 here, $400 there, $500 there. Not home runs, but enough to raise some cash, which in my case was actually going toward paying down my margin...lol.

My investment approach in this new environment of volatility is to just string together lil wins here and there instead of aiming for home runs. My approach was working until I got greedy today and decided to go for a homerun with $GOOG. Entered the trade at like 9.45 am and exited at like 12 pm with an L that erased my lil string of wins over the last few weeks. Even worse, my put play for goog ended up being profitable later in the afternoon.

Mistake #1: I got greedy and overconfident.
Mistake #2: I compounded my mistake by getting more emotional and selling when I should have just held firm.

Like you said, lesson learned...but this ishh really screwed my whole day up. Had me at work like...

mcnulty-pissed.gif

Been there fam

sounds like you understood what you did wrong so you don’t do it again. Not a ton of things you can control before you enter a trade. But we can control our sizing, and need to have an idea what our stop loss is and price targets

Who has a good trading platform for causal investors? My 401k is with vanguard and Roth is with Schwab. Don’t like vanguard because it’s so old and clunky. Schwab has been decent. Just seeing if anyone has had good experiences elsewhere.

Who has a good trading platform for causal investors? My 401k is with vanguard and Roth is with Schwab. Don’t like vanguard because it’s so old and clunky. Schwab has been decent. Just seeing if anyone has had good experiences elsewhere.

Fidelity is good, they recently updated their interface

Also RH if you are new and need something thats very easy and simple

Back
Top Bottom