OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I don't know where else to post this but what do y'all think about Rumble, or $RUM? I've noticed they've signed a few exclusive deals with some really big streamers. I bought a few cheap at the money calls for Jan 24.

Can't prove it but these buy no pay later services slowing the inevitable and will make it even worse when it actually hits.

I'm looking at you Affirm, Afterpay, Klarna.

Can't prove it but these buy no pay later services slowing the inevitable and will make it even worse when it actually hits.

I'm looking at you Affirm, Afterpay, Klarna.
You could probably prove it. Look at their default rates and balance sheets. I personally haven't because I don't believe in these companies. But you should theoretically be able to see and prove that they're delaying a recession, if their balance sheets are continuing to be bloated by liabilities quarter/quarter or year/year.

Obvs there's issues in this theory but it's a quick thought and I'm sure risky growth lenders seeing exploding liabilities and defaults isn't a good sign for the economy.

Companies are “cutting costs” and having layoffs only to inflate their balance sheets for investors. Look we made money this quarter, when in reality it’s BS minuscule profits.

This earnings season a fluke.

I don’t think we crash, we already had a significant correction. But to see almost new all time highs for some of the big boys, this was a fake scare.

Post pandemic investing is just different.

People still got jobs
People still buying houses

Do you guys remember 2008? It ain't a one-moment drop. We've got some bank failures. We've got layoffs. It's a snowball. Give it time. Especially if JPow keeps increasing interest rates.

2008 recession is a once in a 50-70 type of recession. Maybe I’m older so I remember but like the 2000-2001 recession wasn’t hard on most people but there was a significant slow down.

Man it's people using it in restaurants I was bewildered when I saw that.

I use to work with one of these companies before. When they described their business model I was curious why would anyone use this over a CC. I get it why but it’s basically proving that many people are being really underpaid compared to their expenses that they really brought back a new form of layaway.

I use to work with one of these companies before. When they described their business model I was curious why would anyone use this over a CC. I get it why but it’s basically proving that many people are being really underpaid compared to their expenses that they really brought back a new form of layaway.

The limits are bigger than what most credit cards would approve these people for with their credit scores and income. That's the only thing I can think off or that makes sense to me as to why anyone would go that route.

The limits are bigger than what most credit cards would approve these people for with their credit scores and income. That's the only thing I can think off or that makes sense to me as to why anyone would go that route.

Well it also approves people with **** credits year which is why it’s always alluded to as a layaway.

Back
Top Bottom