OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

1723152049885.png

Last edited:
The new $AMT (they're major investors too)
Major banks picking up coverage, FCC approval, DOD approval, 1st ever successful sat to regular cell 4g/5g broadband test from deadzone in Maui to Tokyo call and zoom call. $100 is just the beginning.
I remember following it as a spac and felt it was fake garbage, but if it’s becoming a real business, that’s pretty cool. They’re gonna dilute the **** out of shareholders as it goes up,and rightfully so, so just be ready for offerings and all of those games.

Never done options before, but I'm confident that a large healthcare company will decrease -10%+ in 2025 (second half 2025).

Is the best way to maximize gains for this option to do a long term put on a day the stock pumps (receive better options?). Better to have longer term or shorter term put option?

Never done options before, but I'm confident that a large healthcare company will decrease -10%+ in 2025 (second half 2025).

Is the best way to maximize gains for this option to do a long term put on a day the stock pumps (receive better options?). Better to have longer term or shorter term put option?

Which company is this?

Long term options are a little more tricky, you're losing money (time value) everyday so if your timing is off that 10% dip may not net you much, or as much.

When a stock pumps (or drops) options become more expensive. Any % movement up or down that is outside of its normal or historical range of movement will increase volatility value. When the stock drops back in to its normal range of daily movements that volatility value evaporates.

Your other options are straight up shorting the stock if your broker will allow you. Or finding an inverse healthcare ETF with a high weighting of your particular healthcare company in it.

Which company is this?
Abbott

Long term options are a little more tricky, you're losing money (time value) everyday so if your timing is off that 10% dip may not net you much, or as much.

When a stock pumps (or drops) options become more expensive. Any % movement up or down that is outside of its normal or historical range of movement will increase volatility value. When the stock drops back in to its normal range of daily movements that volatility value evaporates.

Your other options are straight up shorting the stock if your broker will allow you. Or finding an inverse healthcare ETF with a high weighting of your particular healthcare company in it.
So it would be best for me to wait until the dump is imminent (or close as possible) and start up my put option then to maximize gain?

Abbott

So it would be best for me to wait until the dump is imminent (or close as possible) and start up my put option then to maximize gain?

Ideally yes, but can you do that? I'm not one to advocate gambling with stock options but as long as you're aware of the risks.

Back
Top Bottom