OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Stocks disproportionately skew towards large companies which are obviously more insulated from macro economic factors. Additionally companies that are cash heavy (APPLE, MSFT Etc...) Were already a disproportinaite portion of the market cap of the S&P

Which Major companies are likely to default? Companies you would expect to be hit hardest like Exxon for example- have enough cash to last several years of this.

I think the biggest risk is CC debt and the ripple through the housing market that is sure to come. What a time!

But where do those large companies get their revenues from?

They’ll soon have full tankers chilling in the gulf like they had a few years back.

They actually never stopped...if you see the Tanker Tracker, it looks like you can walk from US Atlantic coast to Hormuz.
They have records of Oil Cargo that date back over 2 Years...they just float in the Sea HOPING for prices to increase.

Hope everyone here is staying safe

I work at a smaller firm
Although the CEO reassured all of us that we have cash for payroll
The longer this drags on, the more reality sets in

Main reason for all the shippers to go parabolic..TOPS, GLBS, TK, CTRM... for the past few weeks.

Has that ship already sailed ?

tenor.gif

Deloitte getting rid of 20% of their staff

jjs jjs you good? Come work for me, I’ll put you on partner track.

👀 where you at now? Seattle?

I’m good. We have minimal overhead and it’s clearly saving the company. I’ll get a pay cut but i’m also working way less because most projects are on hold. Feels bad but it’s way better than being laid off.

Is Deloitte cutting 20% of their staff across North America? :wow:

👀 where you at now? Seattle?

I’m good. We have minimal overhead and it’s clearly saving the company. I’ll get a pay cut but i’m also working way less because most projects are on hold. Feels bad but it’s way better than being laid off.

Is Deloitte cutting 20% of their staff across North America? :wow:

The blessing of being at a smaller shop. Hope you are well my man.

Not sure on the Deloitte actual number but it came from the global CEO.

Reactions: jjs

Yeah and the owner is very transparent with the numbers and the pipeline.

How you doing? Did you guys layoff a bunch of people?

I know layoffs at big4 outside of US but right now I think they’ll hold off here in the states. . I can’t see audit and tax being affected but consulting will be first to go unfortunately.

Yeah and the owner is very transparent with the numbers and the pipeline.

How you doing? Did you guys layoff a bunch of people?

One of the blessings about being in house - nothing to worry about at this time (we did just implement a temporary hold on hiring).

I know layoffs at big4 outside of US but right now I think they’ll hold off here in the states. . I can’t see audit and tax being affected but consulting will be first to go unfortunately.

Friend at PWC said it’s been pretty slow

Friend at PWC said it’s been pretty slow

I think this truly depends on service lines. Consulting is going to be hit hard so I can see it occurring there first. All projects will be delayed and maybe even canceled together. M&A will freeze as well temporarily. But the other service lines should be kept busy.

I work on the Corp tax side in the financial service sector and we are seeing more tax planning opportunities than anything else. Audit will be kept busy with lots of new ASU implementation and testing.

Now will raises either be frozen or minimal to the amount of COL adjustments with bonuses gone to retain people instead, maybe small payouts temporarily, and promotions cycles being delayed? Sure that definitely will occur.

I think this truly depends on service lines. Consulting is going to be hit hard so I can see it occurring there first. All projects will be delayed and maybe even canceled together. M&A will freeze as well temporarily. But the other service lines should be kept busy.

I work on the Corp tax side in the financial service sector and we are seeing more tax planning opportunities than anything else. Audit will be kept busy with lots of new ASU implementation and testing.

Now will raises either be frozen or minimal to the amount of COL adjustments with bonuses gone to retain people instead, maybe small payouts temporarily, and promotions cycles being delayed? Sure that definitely will occur.

The guy at PWC is Corp Tax Side as well.

My former consulting partners/friends are all ready for the worst(MBB). Close friend at Bain (Manager level) finished his case on Friday and expects to be on the beach for over a month.

I expect more news like I heard from Deloitte.

Back
Top Bottom