OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

G20 FINANCE MINISTERS, CENTRAL BANKERS TO SPEAK BY VIDEO CONFERENCE ON TUESDAY FOR MORE TALKS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS - BBG

Shorting pops and covering dips. Things don’t go straight up. Just needs a lot of touch and discipline in a green environment.

in a normal market I can see FB going to 170 tomorrow and would buy a weekly call to play that game. But I just don’t feel confident with this market to take any chances on longs up here. Bleh.

Can’t wait to see the economic data coming out of the reports this week.

It’s going to give us a good view of what will happen in April.

Teach us the ways...

You should never copy anyone. I also took a lot of L's because I've been very bearishly biased for the past year.

My trading strategy is very unorthodox, and impossible to explain since I make decisions on the fly all the time and I'm very contrarian and I watch so many different macro factors, but basically on the short term time frames I compare it to watching waves at the ocean. If you watch long enough you can get a "feel" for how the action is going during that particular day, along with some technical indicators, support/resistance etc. The green/red candles are like waves going in and out. Any irregularities from the norm (sudden spike up/down) usually provide opportunities to get in and capitalize, particularly in markets nowadays with algo's controlling most of the action. Even on days when bulls are strong like today, when the market gets too extended on short term time frame (5 min/15 min etc) you can anticipate profit taking and come in with a quick short. For very short term it matters less but I also try to use macro data, bond market, commodities, VIX, news, etc all to reinforce my decisions. They often give advanced warning of big moves. Today I shorted NQ 7820 closed 7775, shorted again 7830 closed 7805 short again 7840 and now sitting on that short. Just quick in/out and only let partial positions ride once you are already deep in profit.

You should never copy anyone. I also took a lot of L's because I've been very bearishly biased for the past year.

My trading strategy is very unorthodox, and impossible to explain since I make decisions on the fly all the time and I'm very contrarian and I watch so many different macro factors, but basically on the short term time frames I compare it to watching waves at the ocean. If you watch long enough you can get a "feel" for how the action is going during that particular day, along with some technical indicators, support/resistance etc. The green/red candles are like waves going in and out. Any irregularities from the norm (sudden spike up/down) usually provide opportunities to get in and capitalize, particularly in markets nowadays with algo's controlling most of the action. Even on days when bulls are strong like today, when the market gets too extended on short term time frame (5 min/15 min etc) you can anticipate profit taking and come in with a quick short. For very short term it matters less but I also try to use macro data, bond market, commodities, VIX, news, etc all to reinforce my decisions. They often give advanced warning of big moves. Today I shorted NQ 7820 closed 7775, shorted again 7830 closed 7805 short again 7840 and now sitting on that short. Just quick in/out and only let partial positions ride once you are already deep in profit.

Your accountant must hate you :lol:

Driving through NYC today, ghost town, everything shut down and shuttered.. how will all of these businesses pay rent, are we expected to believe a $1200 check that's coming a month+ late will be enough to have consumers go out and spend like before and save the whole economy ? It's a total joke.

The market is saying we will be back to normal soon. All those people that right now are afraid to even order takeout/delivery are suddenly going to come back out and crowd all the movies, bars, trains, subways, airplanes, and restaurants.

Define soon.

We'll be lucky if this is contained by the end of June. Which would be perfect timing for a boost actually.

Question about that $1200 payment via stimulus: if you havent filed 2019 taxes, then the government will use your 2018 numbers. If you earned more in 2019, wouldnt it make sense to hold off on filing?

I may toss a lil money into mort reit. Mortgage companies gon be hit hard with some states suspending mortgage payments

Back
Top Bottom