OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

anyone buying REITS right now while they're on sale? looking at NRZ, stock has been sunk so low in the past week. thoughts?

The company tells Bloomberg it's hired Moelis "to evaluate financing alternatives to enable it to both navigate potential further market dislocations as well as take advantage of opportunities created by those dislocations."

Ladder (NYSE:LADR) also notes more than $300M in cash in the bank (after paying its quarterly dividend), and says it's met all margin calls.

In other news, FBR analyst Tim Hayes downgrades to Neutral from Buy.

How is everyone doing? Still buying at these prices?
Optimistic in the next 6 months on a recovery?

Anyone think about the amount of small businesses who will be decimated in the next 3 months?

How many recover?

Even huge retailers like JC penny will probably meet their demise in the next year or so.... How will the production of services continue when everything opens back up. When will things open back up?

All of these questions have a part to play in the stock market .. what happens when we have 3 straight negative quarters???

anyone buying REITS right now while they're on sale? looking at NRZ, stock has been sunk so low in the past week. thoughts?
What they own and how they make their money matters more than the stock price at the moment. If they make their money renting out to restaurants let’s say, they’re gonna get killed and you’ll get a better price.

IRS is saying some people might not get the $1200 until September. Idk how that helps anybody. Such bull****.
Probably to buy them some warm meals while they are out living on the streets. This epidemic has helped reinforce how much of a joke our government is. Takes our taxes to bailout billionaires and their companies who aren't paying their share.

How is everyone doing? Still buying at these prices?
Optimistic in the next 6 months on a recovery?

Anyone think about the amount of small businesses who will be decimated in the next 3 months?

How many recover?

Even huge retailers like JC penny will probably meet their demise in the next year or so.... How will the production of services continue when everything opens back up. When will things open back up?

All of these questions have a part to play in the stock market .. what happens when we have 3 straight negative quarters???
Corona virus is the nail in the coffin for a lot of brick and mortars. They are going to have to downsize in order to survive when this is all said and done.

Amazon is really about to gain control and set and dictate prices for alot of consumer goods

Feel like a standard large cap growth fund should be down 10% this year (going off of the fund I started dca’ing into in January)

Combination of sad and funny that people are still acting surprised at how bad this situation is. We are legitimately at the precipice of a depression. No one alive has seen anything this bad in America. Reality will finally hit markets this month and we will melt down to much lower lows IMO.

Screenshot_20200403-121208_Chrome.jpg

Ouch..commercial RE

Combination of sad and funny that people are still acting surprised at how bad this situation is. We are legitimately at the precipice of a depression. No one alive has seen anything this bad in America. Reality will finally hit markets this month and we will melt down to much lower lows IMO.
I am tempted to take advantage of the theta decay on some April 17 puts. I really see stocks getting slaughtered the next two weeks but god only knows with the fed.

the moronic wsb side of me wants to buy a couple of April 17 $50 puts in roku for .15 as a lotto. I totally see ya hitting $48 eventually but the way this market operates it could drag out.

BBDF3A0D-1CD1-4F1A-9729-C02429CAD120.png

Was 20 bucks Wednesday . Bout to go up next week with this OPEC meeting . But there’s still no where to store it .

^ I have USO puts.... let's see how it works out.

i put down heavy when it dipped under 20 bucks . there’s gonna be another big meeting Monday with OPEC , Texas railroad commission , Russia and other oil players. So I’m expecting the price to jump to mid 30’s if not high 30’s.

"U.S. CRUDE FUTURES GAIN OF 31.8% FOR THE WEEK REPRESENTS BIGGEST WEEKLY PERCENTAGE GAIN IN CONTRACT'S HISTORY"
*Pamp from just talks and fake news

With Oversupply and Demand Destruction, OPEC, Russia, MBS, TX RR, 9700 US Shale producers would have to All agree to cut bigly BPD. MBS said they're not even considering cutting unless US Shale cuts first. Too many moving parts. We going lower in the short term. Lower entry points soon come.

Last edited:
Trump doing another “here’s a CEO I have no idea who he or she is but say something smart” :lol:

This part that baffles me is people think this is going to be a one and a half month thing. Sure, maybe we slow the spread temporarily, but what happens when we let everyone go back to their normal lives? This virus isn't just going to dissipate. There is going to be another round of this and I don't think people are factoring that in.

We have done absolutely nothing to track those who have already had it so I don't see how we go on business as normal in 3 or 4 weeks. So maybe at the end of this we tell the couple million people who have contracted this that hey, you can go on with your normal lives, but that isn't really going to do anything with the majority of the people in the US. People keep looking at this like this is a cure to COVID-19. All we are doing is slowing the transmission of it so our hospitals can catch up when this **** really hits the fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom