OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Was about to press purchase on some NTNX options, got a text from a homie about corona so I went to read it, and 1 second later randomly jumped like 5%. Felt miffed after that so just bought FB instead.

Anyway keep an eye on it. Looks interesting. Earnings is next week. A lot of volume on $25 5/29 calls.

Last edited:
This clown :lol: :smh:...

D07E06DF-B510-42BC-9FE4-97305B23D0DE.jpeg

Chasing lil DIS here, very small, for a gapper on this parks news. Got a good average so I can live w this being a bad buy for my 5 year outlook.

Huge disconnect with nugt and gold price. Traded well with the technicals but a phone call crushed me.

LK Share holders are running to the exit door in premarket smothering each other hard :rofl:
067E21B3-D855-42CD-A105-9B489EF9432E.png

about to watch $20 vanish

ive got nothing but buyer's remorse while i look at my LK shares. got hella greedy about a month+ ago when it dropped to below $7.50 a pop and bought 60 shares thinking "this **** will bounce back." rookie mistake.

at this point, i'm just gonna hold onto the equity i have in LK and go down with the sinking ship.

--edit--

just curious, i noticed that it says "this stock is not supported on Robinhood" on your screenshot which is strange considering I can still buy and sell shares of it on my app

I've played this market terribly. I've unloaded shares in everything but AAPL in the last two months. If we don't get a second wave of selling and I have to re-enter at significantly higher prices than I sold, I will never forgive myself.... especially in my retirement accounts.

Question will become how long to wait before re-entering positions.

I've played this market terribly. I've unloaded shares in everything but AAPL in the last two months. If we don't get a second wave of selling and I have to re-enter at significantly higher prices than I sold, I will never forgive myself.... especially in my retirement accounts.

Question will become how long to wait before re-entering positions.

At this point I would assume you would wait until next earnings?

At this point I would assume you would wait until next earnings?

Yeah that’s what my goal would be. Not sure I’ll have the patience. Even when earnings come out awful, if the outlook is even decent the market will be past all time highs. ****don’t make any sense.

Can't be afraid to buy small on the way up in strong stocks that are running.

Will DIS and other stocks go back to March lows? Maybe. But if your plan is to wait, you have to be comfortable accepting that you may never get back to that level. Otherwise, buy dips with the trend and add on the way up. Just keep your size smaller so you have powder to add on dips.

I had really bad sales in SQ and SBUX on great entries from March thinking I'd be able to buy them back at my entry or lower. Regret that completely now, but I should've jumped back into them when they confirmed a new uptrend rather than hoping for a correction.

With DIS, I'd love a gap fill to 109, and maybe it'll happen, but it's also on the verge of breaking out a little here with upside targets of 127 and 140 so personally, I rather chase a little to be best positioned for those potential targets being hit, which is why I added very small here and raised my average price a little.

Look at my feeler in SE, I like the stock long term, it's breaking out and hasn't formed a base yet, I could either risk waiting for consolidation or a pullback, or I can just get in a little here and feel it out and add into the position when it pauses. I bought around 68.5, 70 and 71.5 between last night and today and now I'll just let it go, let my free cash stack up and look for an entry to add into it. Same with the rest of my holdings.

Averaging in is the best approach, especially since there are no commission fees.

Senate Passes Bill to Delist Chinese Companies From Exchanges

The Senate overwhelmingly approved legislation Wednesday that could lead to Chinese companies such as Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. and Baidu Inc. being barred from listing on U.S. stock exchanges amid increasingly tense relations between the world’s two largest economies.

The bill, introduced by Senator John Kennedy, a Republican from Louisiana, and Chris Van Hollen, a Democrat from Maryland, was approved by unanimous consent and would require companies to certify that they are not under the control of a foreign government.

Senate Passes Bill to Delist Chinese Companies From Exchanges

The Senate overwhelmingly approved legislation Wednesday that could lead to Chinese companies such as Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. and Baidu Inc. being barred from listing on U.S. stock exchanges amid increasingly tense relations between the world’s two largest economies.

The bill, introduced by Senator John Kennedy, a Republican from Louisiana, and Chris Van Hollen, a Democrat from Maryland, was approved by unanimous consent and would require companies to certify that they are not under the control of a foreign government.

Now that’s news I can use I was wondering g why BABA and BIDU was down 2% right now

Back
Top Bottom