OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

no exposure at all to the S&P 500 through your mutual funds and index funds?

That's how i get my exposure to Apple, but I wish I had some individual shares too considering the recent growth :lol:
Yeah we have exposure in a couple of mutual funds but nothing directly.

I plan on starting in on Monday and adding on pullbacks.

I just can’t bring myself to own Tesla. Idk, it just doesn’t click for me. I’d rather get exposure via a fund than own the stock which is dumb, I know.

Honestly buying and holding is great, but when you own laggards it tied up your resources and messes with your head. What are you holding?
HEAR
VIAC
CBAY
BOXL
GRWG
ZNGA

I just recently sold off ZNGA, GRWG, and BOXL, lost money on those. I've had all these for almost 6 months :blush:

HEAR
VIAC
CBAY
BOXL
GRWG
ZNGA

I just recently sold off ZNGA, GRWG, and BOXL, lost money on those. I've had all these for almost 6 months :blush:
Tbh fam you’ve got too many high risk meme stocks without any real growth plan. Start looking for stocks with high gross margins over 50%, high revenue growth over 50% and balance your portfolio with some strong blue chips to generate a well balanced portfolio.

Tbh fam you’ve got too many high risk meme stocks without any real growth plan. Start looking for stocks with high gross margins over 50%, high revenue growth over 50% and balance your portfolio with some strong blue chips to generate a well balanced portfolio.
Better idea: Becky Portfolio.

ULTA
ETSY
PTON
TGT
LULU
PINS

Throw it all into those 6 and you'll be rich. Probably. Add AAPL if you want; they arent exclusively Becky, but have you ever seen a Becky without an iPhone?

If you had 100k evenly invested into the Becky portfolio in April, I wonder what it would be today.

Price Change (From 3/31/2020 to 8/28/2020)
ULTA = +35%
ETSY = +211%
PTON = +186%
TGT = +62%
LULU = +99%
PINS = +129%

Your $100k would be $220k.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
More stuff from the group:

$SPLK Another great looking chart here. Clear break of $217, additionally solid earnings. I am bullish on this and would love a retest of $217.5 to long off. S/O @Gradyv
Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_1.39.39_PM.png

$UPS I really like this setup. UPS been flagging for a while and looks ready to go. Watch for a break of $163, and this should fly. S/O @Jaytrader831 for bringing this to my attention slight_smile
Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_1.34.13_PM.png

$NFLX Also flagging here, really nice volume on the recent push. Want to see break of $550 to run for a test of all time highs.
Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_1.26.30_PM.png

$BABA Bull flagging here, expecting a strong breakout from BABA soon. Target is $330s within end of next month.
Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_1.22.48_PM.png

$V After months of consolidating, we finally got a breakout from V. Made new all time highs with the breakout. With this strong move, I am expecting V to move higher and make new highs, looking for backtest of 214.5 to play long off.
Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_1.19.50_PM.png

Better idea: Becky Portfolio.

ULTA
ETSY
PTON
TGT
LULU
PINS

Throw it all into those 6 and you'll be rich. Probably. Add AAPL if you want; they arent exclusively Becky, but have you ever seen a Becky without an iPhone?
My guy, lol, thanks for the advice.

BTW, copped that TD account, damn, so much better than RH. I can't wait for Monday :evil:

I just can’t bring myself to own Tesla. Idk, it just doesn’t click for me. I’d rather get exposure via a fund than own the stock which is dumb, I know.
What is your thought process here because I have also just been looking at it for like the last 2 months wondering if I SHOULD.

What is your thought process here because I have also just been looking at it for like the last 2 months wondering if I SHOULD.
It’s overvalued as **** and I’m someone with a growth portfolio full of overvalued companies. You’re not buying Tesla to be long a car company, you’re buying it for ai and the battery and other stuff I get that, but meh, it’s too culty for me and I can’t fit it into my plan at the moment. It takes a huge haircut, I’ll jump in, but if not, so be it.

SPLK, UPS and V look good. BABA will probably need more time but you could buy the low end and put your stop right beneath it and add on the breakout of the top end as confirmation.

Y’all think we can add PGNY to the Becky portfolio? Not really a high beta name by any means, but Becky needs to settle down and have a baby at some point.

Y’all think we can add PGNY to the Becky portfolio? Not really a high beta name by any means, but Becky needs to settle down and have a baby at some point.
When Becky has children, does she become Karen? If so, does PGNY fall under the Becky or the Karen portfolio?

What would a Karen portfolio look like? I know Walmart and Macys have to be in there.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm So I had similar thoughts about TESLA. I honestly don't even think about them as a Car Company. I think about them as a Futuristic Tech Company that happens to also make cars. I get the, "Cultish" nature of it as Musk and his "followers" just seem to be, I don't know. I just don't know where all of this is going and how soon it will happen. So I feel you on that.

UPS: https://www.fastcompany.com/90229460/your-ups-deliveries-may-soon-arrive-in-electric-trucks

Looking into: THOR/WKHS since UPS has been using them to get their electric car fleet off the ground.

Gimme another 10k shares of Macy’s at 7 bucks
You making that move?

So one thing I’ve learned Don’t but the number two stock because it’s cheaper just pay up for the better one since historically it’ll give you a better return. I think a good case study on that would be bigc vs shop for the next year.

Back
Top Bottom