OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Why is Quibi content worth anything to Roku? It's all a bunch of short-form videos that nobody was watching before, why would they start now? And how does that quantify into more stickiness with customers? Advertisers, I get; they can put more ads in less time. But. Idk. Noone will advertise on videos noone is watching.

I dont think the Quibi deal makes a difference for Roku. Which isnt a bad thing, I think Roku will do fine without acquisitions like this, but i think this is more a bailout for Quibis team and a way for them to salvage a dime for every dollar. No big upside for Roku unless there was like some hidden diamonds in the pile of ****.

I think Roku is hoping their much larger audience gets to see this new content.

Definitely seems that the Quibi people just wanted a deal and cut loose.

Starting ad spends on Roku...

DE4A0CCE-CFE8-4D5F-8490-2F78027E113F.jpeg

I would’ve grabbed some at 4am around 16.30 but Schwab doesn’t allow that. Looking for a weak open to fill the gap and jump in. Otherwise, welp. I ****** up selling.

Took a feeler of 10 shares at 17.14. Looking to add in on a back and fill to the 14-15 area.

As far as ROKU buying QUIBI they must have gotten for nothing because them not being a content creator made it easy for amazon to list the roku channel which gave them a ton of exposure to Europe. I dont see the entering into the content creation realm as it's incredibly expensive and a drain on margins. their niche is as an OS and an advertising platform that is going to dominate. The IDFA stuff is a great tailwind.

Last edited:
Sold my CURI and had an order for premarket this AM but that **** jumped. Ill keep an eye on it to see if i can get back in below 16, but doubtful

They’re going to short trap on CURI. They’ve been catching every dip and raising the bid this morning premarket. Think we see a weak open, wash out the weak hands, and potential trap and run. Do not short this one.

Missed out on puts twice on SPY
Because Webull want to experience system failures the first trading day of the year smfh

I’m going to sleep bruh :smh::smh::smh::smh:

The trading app that shall not be named *cough RH cough* is having some serious issues right now. I guess everybody got motivated to trade.

this is nothing but a short squeeze. be aware that this won't last. trim and trail.

grab some hedges guys, we're correcting.

took off mgni and lgvw around 29.50 and 19.30. will add back mini at 17.50 and lgvw at 14.

what do you mean by trim and trail, pardon my ignorance btw

Last edited:
what do you mean by trim and trail, pardon my ignorance btw
sell some on the way up and raise your stop above your breakeven. It will go down at some point. dont let it turn into a loser and dont average down. its a short squeeze.
Target on this CURI run up? Got in at ~13. Thinking of a stop loss at 16.
I've got 15.30 as an area that needs to hold, if not 13.77 could be a thing.

Back
Top Bottom