OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Netflix was always over valued. Definitely needed a correction.

It having good content back then and a no brainer 7-9/month was very appealing.
Them losing a ton of shows like Office and those HBO/ showtime shows probably hurt as well.
Also when they drop new shows everyone can just just watch it real quick and unsub.
They pump out a mix of shows, both good and bad. I would say more good than bad. Plus their contents spans globally. Shows in parts of Europe are exclusive to the region and the same for the U.S. People have short term memories, but they put out a number of bangers yearly. Just last year they had Squid game running the place. They constantly put out good content. IMO Netflix should do a bit more marketing with popups in cities like a movie night of sorts. Do more partnerships with other industries such airlines, tesla and metros etc. I think it's a step in the right direction to crack down on people who are leachers. They also need to do a better job on marketing their shows. I was in London and across the hotel I was staying at they had a huge spray painted mural of stranger things. People were constantly walking by and stopping and staring at it and asking questions about it.

Last edited:
They pump out a mix of shows, both good and bad. Plus their contents spans globally. Shows in parts of Europe are exclusive to the region and the same for the U.S. People have short term memories, but they put out a number of bangers yearly. Just last year they had Squid game running the place. They constantly put good content. IMO Netflix should do a bit more marketing with popups in cities like a movie night of sorts. Do more partnerships with other industries such airlines etc. think it's a step in the right direction to crack down on people who are leachers.
Yeah part of my thesis on them is their accessibility moat. Nobody sees Netflix when it comes to worldwide reach and scope. Shrinking subscribers won't last - like I said, I think the sector cannibalization will occur sooner than later, especially if they offer ad-supported plans.

As for content, yeah, they constantly hit on series. Squid Games, Narcos, Ozark, Arcane, Bridgerton. Tons more. They pump out hits, even if it costs them in terms of quality (eg. killing the OA early).

Now of people think their P/E ratio was overvalued, or that they don't have any inherent advantages over rivals, that's fine too.

Man, brutal day in the market today and Google er miss ah :smh:

Edit just looked at the ah price action, so weird lol

1C6115C4-FA48-4ACF-910A-4F809E8EACB7.png

Last edited:
Apparently a 1% DAU beat is worth an 18% market cap bump? :lol:
Man FB is still down 30% since January
That’s ****ing insane
I’m starting the realize the long term plays on in index funds and REITS
90% of this **** ain’t safe unless it from a company that you really need and makes your life easier

Example WM because regardless of how the economy looks you will always need someone to take out the trash :lol::lol::lol:
KMB because will all like showers (or at least you should ) and keeping a clean house

But that **** doesn’t sound sexy in convos

Damn near all the hyped up **** is literally in the trash a business wise are replaceable and go without even being used

Like PTON and BYND was once over $100 a share now they are the same price as a pack of NIKE socks from Kohl’s

The economic professors were right. Just invest in the SP500, because when **** hits the fan, you'll lose way less than buying/holding individual stocks.

Imagine DCA'ing down from PINS or CURI or ROKU. You'd never come back. Gotta get yours and get out for 95% of these companies.

The economic professors were right. Just invest in the SP500, because when **** hits the fan, you'll lose way less than buying/holding individual stocks.

Imagine DCA'ing down from PINS or CURI or ROKU. You'd never come back. Gotta get yours and get out for 95% of these companies.
That’s where I’m at with it if it’s not introducing something ground breaking for the future of the way we live or something you can’t see yourself never not buying from them or using it **** it

Like dudes thought BYND was going to lead them to the promise land when it was $300 a share you could take that **** off the shelf and most of that customer base would find a alternative without any protest

Who was it that said concentration makes you wealthy, and diversification keeps you wealthy? Was it antidope antidope ? Thats my train of thought. Invest in good future-focused companies and you'll be alright. Trade short-term volatility and easily-replicable/non-innovative companies. FB is easy to clone, but they're not replicable. PTON, god bless their souls, werent innovative or building a reason for long money to stay invested.

Tl;dr: don't buy trash.

Good future companies so broad though. Every suggestion here was a good future company mentioned at the time :lol:

Until you dig into the financials and get emotions out the way, you’re not finding the leader of future companies.

Elon Musk is probably the smartest guy at offloading restricted stock ever. Always has some crazy story attached to it. Then when he has no shares he's gonna come out and say "oh BTW the cars don't work"

Oh you want me to pay taxes? Gotta sell shares. I want to buy Twitter. Gotta sell more shares though. The market won't care that I'm doing it cause I have some crazy story that's bigger than the story that I'm selling shares attached to it.

Good future companies so broad though. Every suggestion here was a good future company mentioned at the time :lol:

Until you dig into the financials and get emotions out the way, you’re not finding the leader of future companies.
Digging into financials and getting emotions out of the way is key to investing tho. Growth stage companies are different but thats where qualitative analysis comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom