OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Lol I'm always early with these big names aapl, nflx, etc. Nflx should have a nice move next few days for new 52 week high. I'm so used to momentum stocks that my timing is not yet on point for these

It might be because these high flyers have weekly options. The money makers have to pin the prices in order to allow only so many "winning tickets" so to speak. I thought that AMZN was being held down last week when it clearly wanted to run.

This sounds on point. I haven't really gotten into options yet so this def makes sense to me.

:lol: :lol:

There are people retiring because of TSLA. From $26 to $126, incredible.

I don't think either one of us could've bought enough to retire, still feels Batman. :smh:

There is always another opportunity for a huge winner. That's what drew me to stocks in the first place. I mean look at SCTY from 9.20 IPO to 50 in less than a year sheesh

What online brokers do you guys use or prefer? I'm still on share builder since I'm a beginner and fresh out of school, but I was just curious

This thread is very informative im trying to learn as much as possible before i get into stock trading next year. wizards23 what is support, how do you identify it (on the stock chart?), and how do you use support to trade effectively?

Support is where buyers come in to stop the stock from going lower. It can be defined by trend lines, Fibonacci levels, previous highs or lows. I suggest checking out the chart school section of stockcharts.com for some good beginner info.

Was able to hop onto MNKD for near the low today. Made a great rally in the late afternoon after it fell off the table in the AM.

Big positive movement after hours today. Hope this is an indicator of lots of green tomorrow.

What are you guys eyeing at with earnings reports coming out the next few weeks?

I look for low risk spots to buy, specifically pullbacks with the trend, higher lows, wait for intraday support to be put in so you have an idea where to put the stop. The distance between your entry and support defines risk. The closer the lower the risk. I give a little extra room under support for my stop usually just in case. I always ask myself at what price would I no longer want to buy long (the break of uptrend). I hope this makes some sense to you

Can you explain the underlined text? Other than that, everything makes sense. Thanks!

Let's look at the SPY chart. The long up trend was broken with a big red candle on 6/20. I would not want to enter a new long at that point and I would wait for a bottom to be put in and new trend (higher lows) to be formed. I hope this helps. I know kind of vague

Wizards23, you trade from home using an institutional platform right? Which one and how did you get it?

Yea I use DAStrader through SureTrader/SpeedTrader and Think or Swim. SureTrader is an offshore prop firm. Never had any problems with wires or anything. I don't let my account get over 10k cuz then you have to declare offshore holdings. DAS is better for level II and time/sale but it costs 75-150+ a month depending on what features you get. I pay 125 without options and news feeds. Well worth it. There are quite a few others that offer DAS, such as TM Global which you can get through Bulls on Wall St. They always have some sort of promo running if you contact them http://bullsonwallstreet.com/pricing/

Wizards23, you trade from home using an institutional platform right? Which one and how did you get it?

Yea I use DAStrader through SureTrader/SpeedTrader and Think or Swim. SureTrader is an offshore prop firm. Never had any problems with wires or anything. I don't let my account get over 10k cuz then you have to declare offshore holdings. DAS is better for level II and time/sale but it costs 75-150+ a month depending on what features you get. I pay 125 without options and news feeds. Well worth it. There are quite a few others that offer DAS, such as TM Global which you can get through Bulls on Wall St. They always have some sort of promo running if you contact them http://bullsonwallstreet.com/pricing/

Site looks sketchy, and I don't like the idea of offshore accounts. But thanks.

AMZN just hit 300 :pimp:

Last edited:
Yea I thought the same at first. I was put onto them by Investors Live a while ago and haven't had any problems. Think or Swim does have free level II and time/sale if you need that but $10 trades ftl lol

Yea I thought the same at first. I was put onto them by Investors Live a while ago and haven't had any problems. Think or Swim does have free level II and time/sale if you need that but $10 trades ftl lol

I wanted the institutional platform to see time and sales. Already have TOS, the time and sales are delayed.

i just signed up for think or swim (mostly for their charts and such) but have yet to fund it. think i'll just keep my money in etrade since the commission is less than $10

I wanted the institutional platform to see time and sales. Already have TOS, the time and sales are delayed.

yea ToS data is sent in packets not a real time stream. I guess that's why its free

:lol: :lol:

There are people retiring because of TSLA. From $26 to $126, incredible.

I don't think either one of us could've bought enough to retire, still feels Batman. :smh:

I sold my 55 shares from $90 at $100 :frown: :frown: :frown:

This thread is very informative im trying to learn as much as possible before i get into stock trading next year. wizards23 what is support, how do you identify it (on the stock chart?), and how do you use support to trade effectively?

Support is where buyers come in to stop the stock from going lower. It can be defined by trend lines, Fibonacci levels, previous highs or lows. I suggest checking out the chart school section of stockcharts.com for some good beginner info.

Was able to hop onto MNKD for near the low today. Made a great rally in the late afternoon after it fell off the table in the AM.

Big positive movement after hours today. Hope this is an indicator of lots of green tomorrow.

What are you guys eyeing at with earnings reports coming out the next few weeks?

I look for low risk spots to buy, specifically pullbacks with the trend, higher lows, wait for intraday support to be put in so you have an idea where to put the stop. The distance between your entry and support defines risk. The closer the lower the risk. I give a little extra room under support for my stop usually just in case. I always ask myself at what price would I no longer want to buy long (the break of uptrend). I hope this makes some sense to you

Can you explain the underlined text? Other than that, everything makes sense. Thanks!

Let's look at the SPY chart. The long up trend was broken with a big red candle on 6/20. I would not want to enter a new long at that point and I would wait for a bottom to be put in and new trend (higher lows) to be formed. I hope this helps. I know kind of vague

Many thanks. Helps alot!

What online brokers do you guys use or prefer? I'm still on share builder since I'm a beginner and fresh out of school, but I was just curious

I wanna know this too. I'm currently using Vanguard and only get 25 trades at $7 before it jumps to $20 :x

Bought into tesla at 98.xx or so, keeping it since gas is going to sky rocket and I just have a gut feeling it can push around 140-150. Took a hit on my 3d printing companies in SSYS and DDD by losing a little over the past month, but all is good.

So this chart shows that it's well on its way through a reversal, amirite? Was able to get in at $3 and it's already up 10% after 3 days.

Capture-92-13.png

Last edited:

yea ToS data is sent in packets not a real time stream. I guess that's why its free

I'm trying to get the institutional platform with the live feed, but it's almost as if you need to be in a secret society to get ahold of it.

freaky what you mean by insititutional platform? is that similar to level 2 at all but with specific people listed?

It's much different than the typical e trade and thinkorswim, those show the orders in packets that are multiples of 100 and whatnot. I think gold st capital mentioned in some other thread that it costs 5 million. Then I've heard other things elsewhere, so I'm still searching.

Look at my trading platform above that is institutional level.

You need an account with a prime to get such a platform or have a form of fund running through a prime. 5MM would be optimal however some would do it for 500k. To get the account directly with the clearing company (jpm, Goldman) you would need 100MM+ all these kind of accounts would require a clean record of no bankruptcy and no criminal record of theft or fraud. Mainly no felonies or very egregious petty crimes. Leverage at these accounts is bigger 6 to 1 at some places 10 to 1

Also institutional accounts pay for live feeds direct from the exchange. As in I sign up for the live feed with the exchange directly.

It's much different than the typical e trade and thinkorswim, those show the orders in packets that are multiples of 100 and whatnot. I think gold st capital mentioned in some other thread that it costs 5 million. Then I've heard other things elsewhere, so I'm still searching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom