OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Anybody play with gold/gold miners? GDX is heading towards 52 week lows which it hit in July, then making a big jump (+35%) in August. Advice?

Same goes for silver miners obviously. Looking at PAAS which hit its 52 week low yesterday.

Last edited:
To all NTers that are trading, which broker are you guys using? I've been doing some research on which is best but would rather have peoples' actual opinion. Like what is best in terms of commission fees, speed execution, trading platform, etc. Any input would be appreciated as I'm looking to leave optionshouse due to slow execution speed.

waiting to break even? what kind of strategy is that? I'm in all or nothing
lol i will follow you strategy, your blog has been 2/2 for me so far. thank you!

When you say "waiting for 5.50 break", does that mean once it break that threshold, itll likely go up?

Lol yea didn't intend to come off like a d. Do what works for you. Glad I can help out. That is the key to happiness imo

When I say waiting for 5.50 break, I am looking for a break out. My strategy is to anticipate the break out and enter at a low risk price. That's why I always look for weak open then red to green moves. Hence the saying, buy the dip. Your risk is defined for you as the low of the day

Anymore questions let me know

a lot of PUT volume in AMRN friday fwiw. This stock is a turd. When I went for broker trainer in Feb this was the stock they were pushing to their clients. My morals did not fit with that job and I walked out after a week lol

Notable Earnings Reports this Week:

Tuesday, October 15

Citi ($C)
Johnson & Johnson ($JNJ)
Coca Cola ($KO)
Yahoo! ($YHOO)
Intel ($INTC)

Wednesday, October 16

Bank of America ($BAC)
IBM ($IBM)
eBay ($EBAY)
Sandisk ($SNDK)
Pepsi ($PEP)

Thursday, October 17

Google ($GOOG)
Chipotle ($CMG)
Goldman Sachs ($GS)
Advanced Micro Devices ($AMD)
Intuitive Surgical ($ISRG)
Las Vegas Sands ($LVS)
Verizon ($VZ)

Friday, October 18

General Electric ($GE)
Honeywell ($HON)
Morgan Stanley ($MS)
Ingersoll-Rand ($IR)

I *DARE* you guys to put money into ISRG (whether short/long, buying calls/puts) :lol:

a lot of PUT volume in AMRN friday fwiw. This stock is a turd. When I went for broker trainer in Feb this was the stock they were pushing to their clients. My morals did not fit with that job and I walked out after a week lol

Screw those pharma companies. AMRN, ARNA, MNKD are all garbage

Last edited:
Any strong picks out there guys? Do any of you buy in right before earnings to try and capitalize on any jumps in price in the short term?

Just a heads up to anyone in here that may have invested with Gold St Capital, you may want to check the current exposure thread on him and get any money back that you entrusted him with.

laugh.gif
well that was quite an entertaining read

whats u guys take on NGB? will it go back down to $ 4.50 range? whats a fair/ good price to cop again?

anyone have a take on GENE? have been holding it for a few months, waiting for a pop. but its been going down...

as well as ZNGA wow @its pop from ~ $ 2.50 range. will it keep going up??

thanks

NBG if it holds a higher low look for swing trade entry near 4.75-5.25. Breakout was confirmed with 25mln volume on 10/7. Volume on green days is still greater than volume on red days. Think this goes higher soon.. really nice uptrend since bottoming in the summer

GENE chart is bearish right now. It needs to close over 2.30 for a chance at a trend reversal. Volume is extremely low. Personally I wouldn't tie my money up in a stock with 50-100k daily volume unless you know something we don't

Last edited:
Oh lord, I'm still confused as to what happened to gold st.

Anyway, stocks running high and still no deal.

SCTY running high :pimp:

Last edited:
Anybody play with gold/gold miners? GDX is heading towards 52 week lows which it hit in July, then making a big jump (+35%) in August. Advice?

Same goes for silver miners obviously. Looking at PAAS which hit its 52 week low yesterday.

you know any silver miner etf? silver is much more volatile than gold which i want to get into.

Got out of SCTY at $51.80. The pain :frown:

you know any silver miner etf? silver is much more volatile than gold which i want to get into.

Gold isn't volatile enough for you? :lol:

There's SLV & AGQ. Both which I've never played, just observed from afar.

YY been treating me well, shouts to China

Hey ya'll. Newb to this thread and stocks. Any input/info on Tesla stock, I'm very interested in general. I seen that it has gone up 100 points since 2012.

Oh lord, I'm still confused as to what happened to gold st.

Anyway, stocks running high and still no deal.

SCTY running high
pimp.gif
Yeah same. I talked to Lovet a few times, seemed like a really intelligent nice guy. I guess we just have to see how this unfolds. What do you guys think about CMG and GS due to the fact that their earnings are released tomorrow? 

Got out of SCTY at $51.80. The pain :frown:

Gold isn't volatile enough for you? :lol:

There's SLV & AGQ. Both which I've never played, just observed from afar.

YY been treating me well, shouts to China

been watching gold and silver everyday for 5 years. kinda gets boring after a while

Back
Top Bottom