OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

There are some cult believers in certain stocks. Right now it's mnkd. The company's debt is unsustainable. The only hope long term is for a big pharma partner or buyout. Pretty comical the stuff people post on stocktwits talking about $30/share buyout pulling numbers out of their rears. We will see how it turns out in the next few years. The run up will continue to offer some nice trading opportunities for those who like to short overextended charts :wink:

Side note- I guess I'm a cult believer in fnma tho. The difference is I have a concrete plan

There are some cult believers in certain stocks. Right now it's mnkd. The company's debt is unsustainable. The only hope long term is for a big pharma partner or buyout. Pretty comical the stuff people post on stocktwits talking about $30/share buyout pulling numbers out of their rears. We will see how it turns out in the next few years. The run up will continue to offer some nice trading opportunities for those who like to short overextended charts :wink:

Side note- I guess I'm a cult believer in fnma tho. The difference is I have a concrete plan

meh, pharmaceuticals are all luck. I put a good amount of money into amarin about eight months ago and lost a ton.

I almost worked for a broker pitching amrn but my gut told me not to. I see a lot of money being made on run ups to FDA, PDUFA, etc. Not my cup of tea bios. A twitter friend was urging me to get into halo last week

Big bet on gold long term. I'm sure Andy's happy

Capture-32-791402076893.png

I almost worked for a broker pitching amrn but my gut told me not to. I see a lot of money being made on run ups to FDA, PDUFA, etc. Not my cup of tea bios. A twitter friend was urging me to get into halo last week

Agreed. The smaller biotechs are always a gamble when it comes to FDA's decision time.

Speaking of bios, I remember INO trading around 2. Now it's 9.50, but that was from a reverse split today :lol:

Last edited:
ISRG weekly chart

Capture-35-751402086554.png

Is that what you would call a bear flag? Serious question cause I don't know.

GMCR done went parabolic the the last 2.5 hours of the session :x

Last edited:
got a question for option traders...

i'm looking to get into options trading and want to know how I would cash in (what trade would I have to execute) on the example scenario below USING SCOTTRADE?

for example, if i bought some August AAPL calls at strike price of $100 (after the stock split) at $0.90 and AAPL goes to $105 on July 25th. and the price of the calls goes to $3, what trade would I have to execute in SCOTTRADE, to realize the profit?

>

before

HTZ - Hertz Global Holdings

>

before

BURL - Burlington Stores
HDS - HD Supply Holdings
PBY - Pepboys
RSH - RadioShack

after

Ulta - Ulta Salon
UNFI - United Natural Foods

>

before

HRB - H & R Block

after

RH - Restoration Hardware

>

before

LULU - Lululemon

I know it's been mentioned previously but I can't seem to find it....

What are some of the sites, publications, forums, accounts etc. that you guys follow for good news and discussion on the market?

Got this list from Wiz of people worth following on Twitter:

@markflowchatter (great for breaking news that actually moves stocks)
@lx21
@elkwood66
@blinkx90
@crawfish_poboy
@TraderPlanet (lots of good info on their website)
@offshorehunters (posts good swing trade setups and owns VXX/UVXY when market is down)

For fraud reports definitely

Muddy Waters Research (@muddywatersre)
Gotham Research (@GothamResearch)

@AjTrader7 for IPOs
@Modern_Rock
@InvestorsLive (of course!)
@kunal00
@szaman
@WallStJesus (dude posts a lot but most if valuable options info)
@katsu127

@JaguarAnalytics (options stuff)

will add more depending when I get home.. gotta run out

Edit:

@acinvestorblog
@ragincajun
@traderstewie

@keeblerelf3
@optionshawk
@speculatore
@bioduediligence

@sandman7591
@thelincolnlist
@sanglucci

thestockgarage.com has some decent material as well. fastone.ca provides a decent free nightly watch list. same with yourdailywatchlist.com

Big bet on gold long term. I'm sure Andy's happy

Capture-32-791402076893.png

Agreed. The smaller biotechs are always a gamble when it comes to FDA's decision time.

Speaking of bios, I remember INO trading around 2. Now it's 9.50, but that was from a reverse split today :lol:

i want it to go lower, i want to stack more on the cheap :smokin

SNDK finally breaking down. Getting a little bit of my money back :smh:

NFLX, JBLU and a couple others that have been on a tear getting the same treatment.

Predictions for AAPL? I'm surprised volume is as low as it is....currently below 3mo average (63M vs 77M) with 45 minutes left in the session

Last edited:
Nice call on GERN wiz.

SNDK puts paying? based mod based mod

If what I see in AH holds, NOPE!

Hammer candle for the day. Not looking pretty.

BRB. Jumping off a bridge.

is it time for some HLF puts?

They got rejected by the 200sma, might see support at their 50sma (60.50). Hope the feds find a way to shut them down though. Hate how they prey on the believers of get-rich-quick schemes.

I need some FB LEAPS

Social media companies making a little noise as of late.....:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom