OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

We are in one of the greatest bull markets in history. Whether manipulated, artificial or whatever you want to call it, truth is it doesn't matter. Take advantage of it. The trend is up and until that breaks there is no edge (to me) in making large bearish bets. There will be a time in the future when those who are aware and prepared make a killing with shorts and bearish bets. I am a bear at heart. I like shorts over longs. The tale of Livermore making $1mm in a day shorting stocks sticks in my head.

Physical gold SHOULD be a hedge if the markets ever sell off. Things just are not the same anymore. THE GAME HAS CHANGED. I remember not too long ago where GLD would move inverse of SPY. When the time comes I will be ready to pounce. Until then take advantage of the FEDs pumping
You make an excellent point. Can you elaborate more about how gold should be a hedge?

You make an excellent point. Can you elaborate more about how gold should be a hedge?

My theory... basically something that is limited in supply should increase in value/price as the demand goes up. When the markets go down, the demand for a hedge goes up. That hedge used to be gold. Gold is a limited commodity as opposed to paper money which keeps getting printed by the billions. Therefore (again in theory) gold should trade inverse of the stock market indices and the dollar. Should does not matter at this point though since bankers set the gold spot price everyday in London. Manipulation keeps the fiscal monetary systems of the world a float

HIMX prob a low risk swing long here risk on 6.60 support.. needs over 7.13-7.20 area for some momentum. You guys know I've been a bear on this stock for months but seen it posted on twitter and reconsidered my bias

Nuro 
sick.gif

Watch the volume on this stock...it was trading about 40,000 shares a day max for over a month...I'd think high volume in the first 5-10 minutes tomorrow would mean another big day.

Very scary when this bubble pops. 2016? 2017? Look out below!

On another note, I am long in Expedia now. Everything looks good.

What do you guys think of app? Seems like they are trying to recover
Kicking out the ceo probably violated some bond covenants and might push this thing into bankruptcy. Jesus look at how much debt they have. They'll probably have to sell some more shares and/or issue more debt to avoid this thing from spiral out of control even more. I looked at it last time they sold shares at 50 cents. It swings a lot though so if you're just in it for a trade good luck to you.

How much did you put in
i only got 100 from them. not bad considering they probably didnt get much and there were so many orders. i should just dump it today and use the money to buy an actual gopro. they probably aren't going to have any other decent ipo's for awhile anyways so getting blackballed for awhile wont be so bad.  

All these stocks moving with me on the sidelines :frown: :frown: :frown:

Gopro is nuts. Expect to see a TWTR IPO run and sell-off?

going on vacation so i bought a little T here (few July 19 $36 call options). like the way it looks on the daily chart. looking for a 36 push if it could get through 35.65. holds 36 I think this could make a move toward 37 heading into earnings on the 21st. just looking for that scalp here, will re-evaluate when it's at 36. picked a dollar amount i'm comfortable with being stopped out on if they become worthless.

Based, I gotta look at GPRO's fundies and lock ups but I think it'll play out the same way, depending on what that lock up situation looks like or if they do a secondary like FEYE.

Last edited:
Hey guys I am thinking of getting into the stock market. Do you have any advice for a new jack? I am thinking of penny stocks as a get in and get out solution would anyone recommend that? Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Hey guys I am thinking of getting into the stock market. Do you have any advice for a new jack? I am thinking of penny stocks as a get in and get out solution would anyone recommend that? Thanks in advance for your help guys!
Depending on how much cash you have to use, I would suggest investing in one of the indexes. The S&P 500 for example "is a stock market index based on the market capitalizations of 500 large companies having common stock listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ". Basically, it is the conglomeration of 500 large companies picked by committee that people will invest in. Here's a chart of 5 year growth: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^gspc+interactive  from roughly 1k-1.9k, it's worth noting that the market has been doing exceptionally well the last few years though.

trusy urself.

Back
Top Bottom