OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

KOPN looks decent through 3.50. Has earnings August 4th though.

SBA
‏@StockBoardAsset
$KOPN Optics #AR/#VR Play on $LMT F-35 Fighter Program. Each Helment $160k. US Air dominance for the next K-WAVE pic.twitter.com/38XLGIVIZo
SBA @StockBoardAsset · 1h
$KOPN Ensuring American Air dominance through the next K-WAVE through Optics which enable true #AR #VR $VUZI $EMAN

I'm familiar a little with VUZI, virtual reality play similar to Occulus Rift currently trading on the OTCs. Gotta look into EMAN.

I'll be watching INVN this week. Think it might report this week so maybe it pulls back some. Wish I would've bought in the 18s few weeks back.

That style of chain was popular in the hip-hop scene in 2005-2010. I still like it more than the Cubans that the rappers wear now.

Last edited:
Should be another fun week. LNKD hasn't been doing very well with the last few ERs IIRC.

> July 28

after

HLF - Herbalife
MAS - Masco Corp

> July 29

before

ETN - Eaton
IP - International Paper
LVLT - Level 3 Communications
MRK - Merck
NOV - National Oilwell Varco
PFE - Pfizer
RAI - Reynolds American
SAVE - Spirit Air
SIRI - Sirius XM Radio
UPS - United Parcel Service
WM - Waste Management

after

AMGN - Amgen
APC - Anadarko Petroleum Corp
AXP - American Express
BWLD - Buffalo Wild Wings
DWA - DreamWorks
ESRX - Express Scripts
EW - Edwards Lifesciences
GPN - Global Payments
MAR - Marriott International
PNRA - Panera
RGR - Sturm Ruger
TWTR - Twitter
VRTX - Vertex Pharma

> July 30

before

ADT - ADT Corp
D - Dominion Resources
GRMN - Garmin
HES - Hess Corp
HUM - Humana
LO - Lorillard
PSX - Phillips 66
S - Sprint
SO - Southern Company
SODA - Sodastream
VLO - Valero
WLP - WellPoint

after

AKAM - Akamai
ARII - American Railcar Industries
FBHS - Fortune Brands Home & Security
KRFT - Kraft Foods
NOW - ServiceNow
TSO - Tesoro Corp
WDC - Western Digital
WFM - Whole Foods Market
WMB - Williams Companies
WPZ - Williams Partners LP
YELP - YELP

> July 31

before

APA - Apache Corp
BUD - Anheuser-Busch InBev
BWA - BorgWarner
CL - Colgate-Palmolive
COP - ConocoPhillips
CRCM - Care.com
DDD - 3D Systems
K - Kellogg
MA - MasterCard
MPC - Marathon Petroleum Corp
OXY - Occidental Petroleum Corp
TMUS - T-Mobile
VRX - Valeant Pharma
XOM - Exxon Mobil

after

DATA - Tableau Software
EXPE - Expedia
GPRO - GoPro
JIVE - Jive Software
LNKD - LinkedIn
OUTR - Outerwall
TSLA - Tesla Motors

> Aug 1

before

ARNA - Arena Pharmaceuticals
CLX - Clorox Co
CVX - Chevron
HLT - Hilton Worldwide
PG - Procter & Gamble
WY - Weyerhaeuser

feeling things may get a bit dicey soon. I would be concerned if I had huge bullish positions. I have a couple small swing positions in FNMA, GALE, UNXL, USU - all speculative plays. I'm piling up my cash reserves to short some of the big momo names once (IF) we get a market break. Thing is it may not come for a while

rhythm808 rhythm808 like that SCTY idea looks kind of like a cup and handle to me

Rolling the dice for ER, picked up a couple of BWLD calls

This El Pollo Loco IPO run-up is stupid. Waiting to short this one.

Ever see a pollo loco store? I saw one in LA didn't look anything close to as nice as any of the major fast food cos. Will be stalking as well. Maybe gap up tomorrow

I stayed in LA for a month and walked past the same Loco everyday. Never went inside once or felt the urge. Def frothy just gotta be careful shorting this one without set risk. Reading Poboy's tweets on the way LOCO squeezed him :smh:

I'm convinced El Pollo Loco is a front for the cartel, a la Los Pollos Hermanos. Literally nobody I know goes there on any regular basis. I've never once heard anyone say "I can go for some El Pollo Loco." This is all anecdotal, but I've spent my entire life in different parts of CA that has/had a store nearby and there was/is never any foot traffic inside.

Any of you guys good with biotech's? Have any advice on what to look for fundamentally when dealing with them? Reading material, etc?

Looking at TKMR since they have an Ebola drug in the pipeline (although it's been put on hold supposedly by the FDA I believe) and it's a former runner. Might take a few December call options at the money but the spread's a little much and the volume is weak. Gonna watch the trend here with this one for now.

Almost bought some $36 T options yesterday, didn't and it had a sick gap up thanks to that WIN reit news. Life sometimes, who would've known.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting

If they really are a front for the cartel, it probably isn't too smart to take the company public, so I wouldn't take those claims too seriously :lol:

Rolling the dice for ER, picked up a couple of BWLD calls

This El Pollo Loco IPO run-up is stupid. Waiting to short this one.

Thinking bout buying some BWLD calls into earnings as well.

Looking good so far today, think I might chicken out and just take profit.

Any of you guys good with biotech's? Have any advice on what to look for fundamentally when dealing with them? Reading material, etc?

Looking at TKMR since they have an Ebola drug in the pipeline (although it's been put on hold supposedly by the FDA I believe) and it's a former runner. Might take a few December call options at the money but the spread's a little much and the volume is weak. Gonna watch the trend here with this one for now.

Almost bought some $36 T options yesterday, didn't and it had a sick gap up thanks to that WIN reit news. Life sometimes, who would've known.

All I know about bios is that they can either make you really rich or really poor. With the Ebola news flying around, TKMR might be able to take off while the news is hot. I personally wouldn't hold it long term as I think the fear is overblown.

I'm convinced El Pollo Loco is a front for the cartel, a la Los Pollos Hermanos. Literally nobody I know goes there on any regular basis. I've never once heard anyone say "I can go for some El Pollo Loco." This is all anecdotal, but I've spent my entire life in different parts of CA that has/had a store nearby and there was/is never any foot traffic inside.

only reason ive heard about this place was from RH

Seems like a lot of you guys are pretty advanced and do your own leg work, but...

Anyone have experience with Betterment or Personal Capitol?

The prevailing sentiment seems to be that holding positions overnight into earnings is a bad idea.

But then how do traders maximize the profit potential from huge after hours earning moves?

Welp after hours action showing me why getting out of positions prior to earnings is a good idea :lol:

Good thing I chickened out too. *rimshot*

if you want to roll the dice then grab a few option contracts, but know that the premiums are sometimes so inflated that you can possibly lose even when you're on the right side. If you are holding for the long term, you are not as affected by a ER miss.

Back
Top Bottom