Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

my latest blog post...

No charts today, just info.

I've started loading up on my gold plays. Gold is around $880/oz right now and I'll buy down to around $865/oz, I think that's the lowest floor ithits before ascending rapidly.

GG, GOLD, RGLD, IAG, JAG, AEM, ABX, AU, EGO, HMY are my favorite gold stocks.

I am now bullish on the market (though I think we are due for a sharp one or two day correction soon) as it is obvious the Fed is adamant on inflating our wayout of nominal price destruction.

Commodities and techs look best, in this order:
1. precious metals
2. steels (and other basic materials)
3. ferts
4. energies/oil&gas
5. shippers
6. techs

For basic material stocks, I like X, SCHN, STLD, RTP.

For ferts, I like POT, MOS, TRA, AGU, MON, CF.

For oil plays, I like CHK, CLR, APA, EOG.

For shippers, I like GNK, TBSI.

For techs, I like AAPL, GOOG, BIDU.

Also, keep an eye on these ETFs: TBT, DGP, SLV.

Get out of the dollar. Get out of savings accounts, CDs, mutual funds, IRAs, and any other dollar-denominated illiquid positions. Keep only a checking accountat a bank and keep the rest of your savings in bullion, half domestically stored, and half stored abroad (Australia and Switzerland are best).

That's good info. As far as what I had said about FAS, it's up today, hopefully skyrocket tomorrow.

if we end up more than a percent today, i expect tomorrow will be a pretty sharp correction on news of the stimulus passing.

Also DKY, what do you think about LNG, I held from $2.78-$3.43 and it's been skyrocketing these past few days. It's an energy company.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

my latest blog post...

I've started loading up on my gold plays. Gold is around $880/oz right now and I'll buy down to around $865/oz, I think that's the lowest floor it hits before ascending rapidly.

I am now bullish on the market (though I think we are due for a sharp one or two day correction soon) as it is obvious the Fed is adamant on inflating our way out of nominal price destruction.

1. precious metals
3. ferts
4. energies/oil&gas
5. shippers
6. techs

Get out of the dollar. Get out of savings accounts, CDs, mutual funds, IRAs, and any other dollar-denominated illiquid positions. Keep only a checking account at a bank and keep the rest of your savings in bullion, half domestically stored, and half stored abroad (Australia and Switzerland are best).
Not bullish on Palm anymore?

my latest blog post...

I've started loading up on my gold plays. Gold is around $880/oz right now and I'll buy down to around $865/oz, I think that's the lowest floor it hits before ascending rapidly.

I am now bullish on the market (though I think we are due for a sharp one or two day correction soon) as it is obvious the Fed is adamant on inflating our way out of nominal price destruction.

1. precious metals
3. ferts
4. energies/oil&gas
5. shippers
6. techs

Get out of the dollar. Get out of savings accounts, CDs, mutual funds, IRAs, and any other dollar-denominated illiquid positions. Keep only a checking account at a bank and keep the rest of your savings in bullion, half domestically stored, and half stored abroad (Australia and Switzerland are best).

Good looks on the info. What kind of info do you look at when picking your plays? I know you are strong at charting, do you look at any other technicalanalysis (EPS,etc?). Thanks in advance.

DKY, I was going through your gold plays, what 2 or 3 do you think are the absolute best?

Based on fundamentals, I really liked GG and RGLD.

This could really go either way. Still holding my FAS position from $10.88. AH is done.

wawaweewa- DROOY is a bit illiquid, but also an excellent precious metal play.
reigndrop- still bullish on PALM, still own a few calls and if tomorrow shows some nice buying, i'll load up near close. i was informed that there is anews conference with the PALM CEO before market open on Wed. it's got massive debt though, so i won't load up unless it shows strong action ahead ofthe meeting.
andre3001- the EPS and revenue leaders in each sector/industry are all pretty well-known. a simple look at IBD would give you info on that. i do macroeconomicanalysis to determine which sectors look good and then look through their leaders and big earnings growers to see if i find some nice charts too.
secretzofwar- safest, ABX and GG.
finns- indifferent on foods right now, they could do well in inflation though, as food prices rise, but the best way to play that is the supply side, whichwould be ag's and ferts, which I'm bullish on.

volume is diminishing quickly on this move up-- a sharp correction is probably imminent, as we are at important trendline resistance, as well as 50DMAresitance. either that, or the market is setting up in anticipation of the stimulus, which i still think is a buy the rumor sell the news type of event.

maybe later this week we will continue higher but i suggest against buying this high up, unless youre beginning to build a position in precious metal equities.

wawaweewa- DROOY is a bit illiquid, but also an excellent precious metal play.
reigndrop- still bullish on PALM, still own a few calls and if tomorrow shows some nice buying, i'll load up near close. i was informed that there is a news conference with the PALM CEO before market open on Wed. it's got massive debt though, so i won't load up unless it shows strong action ahead of the meeting.
andre3001- the EPS and revenue leaders in each sector/industry are all pretty well-known. a simple look at IBD would give you info on that. i do macroeconomic analysis to determine which sectors look good and then look through their leaders and big earnings growers to see if i find some nice charts too.
secretzofwar- safest, ABX and GG.
finns- indifferent on foods right now, they could do well in inflation though, as food prices rise, but the best way to play that is the supply side, which would be ag's and ferts, which I'm bullish on.
Rumors have been flying around that they might release it on Wednesday. That'd be nuts if they did that. Perfect timing. Then again, thereare threats from Apple regarding potential lawsuits...

any economist in here. can you predict how 2009 would end? would the economy rebound?

all i know for sure is that what obama said yesterday is true

#1 is to make more jobs. because more jobs. = more money spent = more growth into the economy = a rebound in the stocks

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

any economist in here. can you predict how 2009 would end? would the economy rebound?

all i know for sure is that what obama said yesterday is true

#1 is to make more jobs. because more jobs. = more money spent = more growth into the economy = a rebound in the stocks
How long does it take to come out of a depression?

There were some gems in Obnama's speech yesterday. Mainly the times he f'ed up and said things that he shouldn't have said.

An example:

" We will create or save 4 million jobs"

Create.
Save.
Different meanings, right?

oh and,

"The party's over".

No, really?
laugh.gif

Market is at a free fall. Down 300pts.

Hopefully the big guys bring it back up after 2pm.

you cant create jobs out of thin air financed with printed money to spur long term growth. the Fed just expanded a lending program from $200 billion to $1trillion. that money is being grown on trees, as we speak.

as i said, we were gonna have a sharp correction once the stimulus news was released. gold is doing well from my purchase poitn yesterday.

consider credit markets unfrozen. the government is not taking no for an answer, clearly.

gold stocks are doing great today and after this 1-3 day drop ends, oils ferts and steels will also start ramping.

Back
Top Bottom