Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

MANT doesnt look bad and techs are approaching breakout, not a bad pick.
laugh.gif
Thanks, i've took an intense interest in the stockmarket lately. i'm excited to get my feet wet. DYK someone has to make some money from Obama's horrid economic policies
laugh.gif

DKY - I know we discussed this before, but what is your best play on Gold equities right now? You mentioned RGLD before, and I've been waiting for apullback to its 50MDA but it has yet to pullback that far. Is RGLD still your best play or do you have another favorite?

Originally Posted by midsOleGone

What's the best way to buy GLD stocks?

You do it through a broker... You're buying stock. So 100 shares of GLD will cost $900.

Edit: Wooops terrible math. Long week...

Originally Posted by reigndrop

You do it through a broker... You're buying stock. So 100 shares of GLD will cost $900.

Reign, I think you mean 9,000? Priced at 90.12 at COB.

Not sure if i understand the question though. Are you referring to when is a good jump in point?

Originally Posted by andre3001

Not sure if i understand the question though. Are you referring to when is a good jump in point?
Hold on I thought you buy it by the oz? So I just go to a broker and just tell them how much $$ worth I want to invest?

Originally Posted by andre3001

Hold on I thought you buy it by the oz? So I just go to a broker and just tell them how much $$ worth I want to invest?
You can either buy stock of a gold mining company or buy actual gold.

Originally Posted by nicefro

FAS doing great. Damn you trailing stop, damn you.
i wanted to get in on thursday but im not sure if its still too late to get in.

i did and got out with a trailing stop @ $8.83, 15 minutes later it shot up to $9.50

obama is about to talk aka there will be a pullback and the opportunity for a good entry point, get ready

yeah, i got into citi this morning and bought some bac, should have just bought all bac but o well

nicefro, u make any moves

loving the way my appl shares are moving, kinda angry at myself that i didnt dump more when it was at $78/share.

which is a better buy BAC or WFC or something else? my portfolio is short a bank/financial stock and i was looking into one of those as something to add.i've had BAC in the past and have done well, but i have also been burned by them.

good time to get into some FAZ today?

I sniff a bull trap of epic proportions. Ride it while it's good though.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a monster, monster drop in the near future. Prob. after Feb. options but too dangerous to call it. Just easier riding the upand then getting out in time.
As DKY has said constantly though, Gold is doing well adn will continue to do well. All the signs are there.

there was a great article today on CNN about how bond traders are calling the Fed's bluff. precious metals for the win.

however, i have three stocks up double digits today- rtp, gnk, x. i'm bullish on commodities and shippers, as i stated in my blog post two nights ago.watch for them to set up for further gains after pullbacks.

Is this a good breakout point to pick up some V for the little Bull rally that appears to be under way?

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

there was a great article today on CNN about how bond traders are calling the Fed's bluff. precious metals for the win.

however, i have three stocks up double digits today- rtp, gnk, x. i'm bullish on commodities and shippers, as i stated in my blog post two nights ago. watch for them to set up for further gains after pullbacks.
are you holding these positions into next week? i got into MOS a few days ago and i'm not sure whether to take profits or hold.

I think the rally will continue into next week. There'll probably be a sell-off in the next hour or so though, for profit takers.

Beautiful buy in point for FAZ. I couldn't have asked for a better price heading into monday. Guarantee you these politicians don't get a deal done andthe market will almost completely collapse on monday.

Back
Top Bottom