Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if they drop another hammer towards close.
Maybe another -100.

Wouldn't bet my life on it though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

you cant create jobs out of thin air financed with printed money to spur long term growth. the Fed just expanded a lending program from $200 billion to $1 trillion. that money is being grown on trees, as we speak.

as i said, we were gonna have a sharp correction once the stimulus news was released. gold is doing well from my purchase poitn yesterday.
true. well i just dont understand. im not really good with this economy stuff. but i grew interested into it since all these problems started toshow up.

so basically lets say the stock falls. whats the worst case scenario? like would everything be super cheap? or super expensive? sorry for my lack of economyknowledge,

i failed economy at school
ohwell.gif
lol.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

you cant create jobs out of thin air financed with printed money to spur long term growth. the Fed just expanded a lending program from $200 billion to $1 trillion. that money is being grown on trees, as we speak.

as i said, we were gonna have a sharp correction once the stimulus news was released. gold is doing well from my purchase poitn yesterday.
true. well i just dont understand. im not really good with this economy stuff. but i grew interested into it since all these problems started to show up.

so basically lets say the stock falls. whats the worst case scenario? like would everything be super cheap? or super expensive? sorry for my lack of economy knowledge,

i failed economy at school
ohwell.gif
lol.

if you're long (own the stock) and it falls ... lets say to 0 i.e. circuit city ... you lose all your money ... if it goes down to $1 that may beconsidered cheap if you expect it to rebound .. if you know it was going to keep falling it would have to be considered expensive.

If you short (sell a stock you don't own) you want it to go down b/c you'll be able to buy it at the lower price and sell it at the price you shortedit at. ...

go to wiki and start reading thru pages ..

gotta look at everything in inflation-adjusted terms. if a stock falls during deflation slower than prices for everything else fall, you are actually earningwealth. if a stock rises during inflation slower than prices for everything else are rising, you are actually losing wealth.

While I agree this stimulus is just trying to create "value" out of thin air and is a horrible idea, I ask others, what is the answerthen? Not to say parts of the stimulus won't fix anything but my problem is that I don't think defecit spending like a drunken sailor is everacceptable.

laugh.gif

Everytime Obama opens his mouth the market drops...A couple hundred points.

He signed an executive order to contract out to Unions? Great! He just gave contracts to organized crime.

$100 million to clean up sites used in early U.S. atomic energy program
* $10 million for urban canals
* $1.5 billion for carbon capture projects under sec. 703 of P.L. 110-140 (though the original section only authorizes $1 billion for five years)
* $300 million for hybrid and electric cars for federal employees
* $500 million for State and local fire stations
* $180 million for construction of Bureau of Land Management facilities
* $500 million for wildland fire management
* $110 million for construction for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
* $522 million for construction for the Bureau of Indian Affairs
* $412 million for CDC headquarters
* $500 million earmark for NIH facilities in Bethesda, MD
* $100 million for constructing U.S. Marshalls office buildings
* $300 million for constructing Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) office buildings
* $800 million for constructing Federal Prison System buildings and facilities
* $307 million for constructing National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) office buildings
* $1 billion for administrative costs and construction of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) office buildings
* $160 million for "volunteers" at the Corp. for National and Community Service
* $3 million for purchasing "neighborhood electric vehicles" (golf carts)

Good lord!
roll.gif

I don't understand something.

Reagan inherited 20%+ Interest Rates, double digit Unemployment and double digit Inflation and Obama has the gall to say this is the worst Economic situationsince the Depression? This guy...

This cant be real, this happened today in Ft. Myers...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Well, I made a substantial amount on FAZ today. I still think it will go up even further. It seems like I was misinterpreting my source a bit and I am off aday. There was a very high volume today so you know this bear market is legit.

Think it is still a bloody week and we will see some pretty good drops on DJIA. Reinhardt FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Well, I made lost a substantial amount on FAZ FAS today. I still think it will go up down even further. It seems like I was misinterpreting my source a bit and I am off a day. There was a very high volume today so you know this bear market is legit.

Think it is still a bloody week and we will see some pretty good drops on DJIA. Reinhardt FTW!!!
*sigh*, in FAS @ $10.88. I feel like dying.

Originally Posted by nicefro

Well, I made lost a substantial amount on FAZ FAS today. I still think it will go up down even further. It seems like I was misinterpreting my source a bit and I am off a day. There was a very high volume today so you know this bear market is legit.

greed got me again...... i was goign to sell it yesturday knowing today was going to drop. i didnt expect it to drop like this. 50 dollar profitturned into a 100 dollar loss.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

greed got me again...... i was goign to sell it yesturday knowing today was going to drop. i didnt expect it to drop like this. 50 dollar profit turned into a 100 dollar loss.

laugh.gif
that aint even a big deal.

Bought 300 shares of FAS at the close for 8.13. Good to see it's up after hours. What is this "mark to market" being talked about?

idk, but that's what caused the surge to the high's today, right before it dove straight down.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Originally Posted by andycrazn

greed got me again...... i was goign to sell it yesturday knowing today was going to drop. i didnt expect it to drop like this. 50 dollar profit turned into a 100 dollar loss.

laugh.gif
that aint even a big deal.
yea i know its not alot. thats why that 50 dollar profit to me wasnt enough for me to sell it. i gotta start using percentages and not amounts incalculating profits.

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

Bought 300 shares of FAS at the close for 8.13. Good to see it's up after hours. What is this "mark to market" being talked about?

Mark to market is an accounting term. Its used to place a value on assets and IMO one of the many factors causing this economic collapse.

Back
Top Bottom