Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

I was going to do the ACH process to fund my account at Zecco, but they haven't posted the credit and debit amount to my account yet after 3 days.

Im gonna run to Wachovia tomorrow and have them do a wire tomorrow morning direct to zecco's wire inx. Will I be able to trade that day?

wires take about 2-3 hours to clear for me a interactive brokers.

RBS is a pos, been calling that as a short for a while, finally went down hard, british bank are toast, as is the GBP. GBP/USD is breaking down expect it to godown HUGE later this week.

About time I can order 95's from JD Sports.
I remember in the summer it was like $2.05 for a pound sterling.

Originally Posted by XI ShinE XI

when do you see GS in the 50s? I'm a little late but planning on getting into some Feb puts tomorrow.

The next eight weeks. A good guess would be the week of the 9th.

no obama rally i guess... obought my positions at open at a somewhat premium but theyl be hugely profitable in a few days. FAZ is a monster. GS SPG SHLD toast

I wouldn't be surprised that the market opens with a purge since we had a Holiday and it rallies at or around lunch time. Thoughts?

what do u mean by gs being toast? u leaving your short position? waiting on apple for a quick rally looking to get in around 79 but im worried it will breaksupport so might set a stop limit for 75

Just walked to my account to perform a wire transfer...hopefully there is a rally today and my account shows the money tonight so I can trade after hours ormaybe sneak in at around 3pm.

FAZ up 23%!

DKY, does it make sense to buy into FAZ at this rate? Can it go up more? Or rather, can financials fall further?

still not sure if i want to short gs at these levels, what makes u think it will continue on a decline like that? I def dont see them hitting the 20s at leastnot so soon

GS is going to 50s.

FAZ is still a good buy.

toast = gonna go down big.

aapl is the best play here, gonna go down huge. gs still gonna go down but already down quite a bit.

prolly gonna add to my bearish positions around noon.

GOLD IS UP STRONGLY TODAY in the face of a huge equity decline. Bond prices are down. This is a huge significant divergence and means the USD is toast, atleast relative to gold. GBP and EUR are both toast.

Since this thread is talking about the stock market and economy in general, someone fill me in on this, and I'm obviously late so pardon my tardiness.

What's your opinion on the AIG bailout in September, and what could've have been a better solution or alternative to help out AIG?

me and my girl havea bout a g stuck away that we can invest what would be a good stock to actually invest in that will be profitable in a few years and that icould get for maybe $1 a share for $1000

cashmerethoughts- RGLD
trilipinotrapstar- help out AIG? why should they be helped out? shouldve let them and every other bank go under and let deflation fix out artificial wealth.incentivize and reward savings.

Anybody familiar with zecco's trading platform? Can you help with shorting a position? All I have to do is click short instead of buy in the drop downand then select my security and price I wanna get into? If this is a short does this mean I am buying a put? If so, where is the option price because in thepreview order screen it gives no mention of the fee. Thanks in advance. Apologize for my rook-ness.

Originally Posted by andre3001

Anybody familiar with zecco's trading platform? Can you help with shorting a position? All I have to do is click short instead of buy in the drop down and then select my security and price I wanna get into? If this is a short does this mean I am buying a put? If so, where is the option price because in the preview order screen it gives no mention of the fee. Thanks in advance. Apologize for my rook-ness.
tutorials from zecco:
how to place a stock trade: http://hello.zecco.com/we...o_place_a_stock_trade.wmv
how to place an option trade: http://hello.zecco.com/we...place_an_option_trade.wmv

wiki:
short selling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_selling
put option: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Put_option

a short is not the same as a put option. in a put, you are buying the right to sell at certain price (strike) at a given expiration date.

So i got out of my FAZ positions and took some profit. So any chance there might be a pull back in price on "good" pseudo financial news so I can getback in at a cheaper price...

SKF...
sick.gif
x
sick.gif
x
sick.gif
x
sick.gif

DAMN!!!!...comon sell-off, daddy needs to get back into position...

Back
Top Bottom