Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)

I teared up and everything, won't even lie. Had such a sick feeling in my stomach when at half they said Woodson and Driver wouldn't return. Rodgers came through BIG though! I had a bad feeling about the couple drops Nelson had and the TD Jones dropped.........but we ended up okay.

I really really REALLY hope there isn't a lock out in 2011.

I teared up and everything, won't even lie. Had such a sick feeling in my stomach when at half they said Woodson and Driver wouldn't return. Rodgers came through BIG though! I had a bad feeling about the couple drops Nelson had and the TD Jones dropped.........but we ended up okay.

I really really REALLY hope there isn't a lock out in 2011.

Woodson and Driver leaving the game for good and Rodgers and company still coming through epitomizes the Green Bay season.

Woodson and Driver leaving the game for good and Rodgers and company still coming through epitomizes the Green Bay season.

Got a picture of the team landing at 1:40 central. It was pretty sweet. Helicopters and everything. Sucks I can't be at lambeau right now celebrating but my voice is gone from last nights festivities anyway
laugh.gif

Got a picture of the team landing at 1:40 central. It was pretty sweet. Helicopters and everything. Sucks I can't be at lambeau right now celebrating but my voice is gone from last nights festivities anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

After hearing the reports that the NFL/Cowboys Stadium knew ONE FULL WEEK prior to the Superbowl that there were problems with these seats, I am even more livid about these seats.  If I am one of the 400 fans, I fully expect an even larger compensation than what I would have originally wanted (which is more than what was offered).
Thats absurd.

After hearing the reports that the NFL/Cowboys Stadium knew ONE FULL WEEK prior to the Superbowl that there were problems with these seats, I am even more livid about these seats.  If I am one of the 400 fans, I fully expect an even larger compensation than what I would have originally wanted (which is more than what was offered).
Thats absurd.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Thats absurd.

Whats absurd?  What I would want as compensation or what led to these 400 fans requiring the compensation?

Thats absurd.

Whats absurd?  What I would want as compensation or what led to these 400 fans requiring the compensation?

The 400 fans were taken outside to watch on that big screen that they already had set up.  Then after the game, they were brought back in to walk around on the field and what not. 

Troy wasn't right.  Hasn't been the last few weeks.  He made no plays, anywhere, and that isn't like him. 
Aaron played out of his mind. 
pimp.gif

So hard to see Woodson get there, and not be able to finish the game with his team. 
Ted Thompson is a damn mastermind. 
Ben was throwing high all night, but those 2 picks weren't even his worst throws all game.  The first was on his arm getting hit, the second was right in his receivers hands, the DB just made a great great play. 
The fumble, THAT one hurt.  They were borderline field goal range as it was, that turnover turned the whole game around.
Great game overall, kept me interested the whole time, down to the wire, I honestly thought Ben was gonna do it on that last drive.  And that woulda been a shame for Aaron, luckily things turned out ok. 
GB next year with all those guys back, plus another draft from Ted, that could be a major problem. 

The 400 fans were taken outside to watch on that big screen that they already had set up.  Then after the game, they were brought back in to walk around on the field and what not. 

Troy wasn't right.  Hasn't been the last few weeks.  He made no plays, anywhere, and that isn't like him. 
Aaron played out of his mind. 
pimp.gif

So hard to see Woodson get there, and not be able to finish the game with his team. 
Ted Thompson is a damn mastermind. 
Ben was throwing high all night, but those 2 picks weren't even his worst throws all game.  The first was on his arm getting hit, the second was right in his receivers hands, the DB just made a great great play. 
The fumble, THAT one hurt.  They were borderline field goal range as it was, that turnover turned the whole game around.
Great game overall, kept me interested the whole time, down to the wire, I honestly thought Ben was gonna do it on that last drive.  And that woulda been a shame for Aaron, luckily things turned out ok. 
GB next year with all those guys back, plus another draft from Ted, that could be a major problem. 

Thats absurd.

Well I think it's absurd that they let people put their priorities on hold, fly all the way down there (those that came from Wisconsin/Pittsburgh), book hotels, spend an obscene amount of money on random things leading up to the game... when they full well knew that those select people wouldn't be able to attend the game! At least put a warning out there to those people if you're not completely sure they're going to gain access.

Sure, giving them tickets, food, and accommodations to next year's Super Bowl is all well and good.... but what if the sole reason those people were going to the Super Bowl was because their favorite team (Packers/Steelers) was one of the participants? Perhaps they thought, "hey, this might be the only time in my life I get to see my team play on the biggest stage possible, and I want to see it live!".... do you really think receiving tickets to a hypothetical Eagles/Chargers Super Bowl next year would really do anything for them? Yeah, it would be sweet, but just to "go to the Super Bowl" was not why these fans put their life on hold to go to the Super Bowl.

Thats absurd.

Well I think it's absurd that they let people put their priorities on hold, fly all the way down there (those that came from Wisconsin/Pittsburgh), book hotels, spend an obscene amount of money on random things leading up to the game... when they full well knew that those select people wouldn't be able to attend the game! At least put a warning out there to those people if you're not completely sure they're going to gain access.

Sure, giving them tickets, food, and accommodations to next year's Super Bowl is all well and good.... but what if the sole reason those people were going to the Super Bowl was because their favorite team (Packers/Steelers) was one of the participants? Perhaps they thought, "hey, this might be the only time in my life I get to see my team play on the biggest stage possible, and I want to see it live!".... do you really think receiving tickets to a hypothetical Eagles/Chargers Super Bowl next year would really do anything for them? Yeah, it would be sweet, but just to "go to the Super Bowl" was not why these fans put their life on hold to go to the Super Bowl.

Thank you JPZx. Couldnt have said it better myself. Dont know what Durden could possibly be thinking. Those 400 people have every right to be more mad than they have ever been in their entire lives.

Thank you JPZx. Couldnt have said it better myself. Dont know what Durden could possibly be thinking. Those 400 people have every right to be more mad than they have ever been in their entire lives.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Thats absurd.

Is everyone who goes to a super bowl a fan of the two teams playing??

Again, if youre not a fan of either team then the compensation is very justified.

If youre a fan of the team, then nothing short of seeing the game would make you happy.  The emotional attachment fans put on their team will always exceed the compensation.

Also, lets say youre a fan of the Packers.  You dont get to see the game, but you do get $2400, free food/beverages, merchandise, tickets to next years superbowl AND got to be on the field for the post game celebration?  That isnt enough compensation for a Packers fan?  Me personally, Id rather take on the field and tickets to next years superbowl over sitting in a nosebleed seat and being forced to watch the jumbotron.

I know the NFL should have been prepared for this.  Im not saying theyre not in the wrong here, but to say that someone should expect MORE compensation for this is absurd?  What more can they possibly do?

Those 400 people have every right to be more mad than they have ever been in their entire lives
Im not saying these people dont have a reason to be mad.  Im saying that they should be more than happy with what theyre getting in return for their inconvenience.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Thats absurd.

Is everyone who goes to a super bowl a fan of the two teams playing??

Again, if youre not a fan of either team then the compensation is very justified.

If youre a fan of the team, then nothing short of seeing the game would make you happy.  The emotional attachment fans put on their team will always exceed the compensation.

Also, lets say youre a fan of the Packers.  You dont get to see the game, but you do get $2400, free food/beverages, merchandise, tickets to next years superbowl AND got to be on the field for the post game celebration?  That isnt enough compensation for a Packers fan?  Me personally, Id rather take on the field and tickets to next years superbowl over sitting in a nosebleed seat and being forced to watch the jumbotron.

I know the NFL should have been prepared for this.  Im not saying theyre not in the wrong here, but to say that someone should expect MORE compensation for this is absurd?  What more can they possibly do?

Those 400 people have every right to be more mad than they have ever been in their entire lives
Im not saying these people dont have a reason to be mad.  Im saying that they should be more than happy with what theyre getting in return for their inconvenience.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

NFLprguy Brian McCarthy
by JasonLaCanfora

The 400 fans w/out seats last nite went on field postgame, received free merchandise, food, beverage, $2,400, free SB46 tix

Well damn.
lol they only did that so they wouldnt get sued

NFLprguy Brian McCarthy
by JasonLaCanfora

The 400 fans w/out seats last nite went on field postgame, received free merchandise, food, beverage, $2,400, free SB46 tix

Well damn.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

NFLprguy Brian McCarthy
by JasonLaCanfora

Well damn.
and they're still gonna set sued (in all likelihood).

Back
Top Bottom