Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

roll.gif

No need to comment on the shenanigans going on in this thread.

Great game. The Safeties from both teams played a terrible game. Hartwig (sp?) should buy something nice for Santonio, since that bearhug takedown that costthe Steelers two points would have made him a Bill Buckner type scapegoat.

Even though this game went back and forth, last years SB was better. This is definitely in my Top 5 though,
smokin.gif

^ Now that you bring up safety play Adrian Wilson needs to work on that tackling technique. It mighta just been this game but i saw dude completely whiff on acouple tackles in the backfield and take some bad angles. Was looking like Ed reed out there. Although he does have crazy athleticism and makeup speed.

Troy sucked overall... blew a few tackles, then got smoked on that long TD by Fitz when he bit on the outside.

I thought there was a penalty for using the ball in a TD celebration?

It probably wouldn't have mattered, either way.

I'm just curious.

Im still upset the Cards lost, but after reading some of the ridiculous statement made by some of you Steeler fans i wish i didnt come in here and congratulateyall on the victory. Im glad the Steeler fans i know from Pittsburgh in real life arent like a couple of yall. Being a sore winner is something i thought wasan oxymoron but apparently not.

The cards deserved to win this game but at the end of the day the Steelers had 1 more big play then AZ had and thats that. Kurt Warner is the man and his placein the Hall is as good as cemented.

Like i said earlier it was a great game to watch and no matter who you were rooting for that 4th quarter was a lot of fun to witness.

Im not going to read through all 140+ pages...

Props to the Cards; what they did this year surpassed everyone's expectations. I thought that Fitz had a slow start, but both Breaston and Q stepped upearly, and Fitz then followed suit for the entire second half. Those receivers could have something special if they stick together. Great game from thosethree, no question about that. Warner did so much for the team today, but I guess there were a few mistakes that hurt them. Those mistakes didnt cost them thegame, but it did hurt them.

Props to the Steelers for becoming the number one team with Lombardi trophies, even if it means it puts the Boys at the number two spot now; The steelers are aclass act organization, and I have nothing but praise for that team. It starts with the front office, to the head coach. Ive got alot of respect for MikeTomlin, and wish nothing but success for him for the rest of his coaching career. Santonio had a great finish to the game, and I think that this game alsoproves that Ben is a top quarterback in this league; not that he is a big play type of player, but rather can come through in the clutch, and make the rightplays.

All year I doubted the Steelers, because I thought their offensive line would lose them games; well, I guess I was wrong
laugh.gif

A great game, no question about that. When is the last time we could say that for two straight years, both superbowls were gem's to watch... Heck beforethe Giants win, the only game I remember as a great was the 99 Rams win. Its nice to see that for two straight years, both games were decided in the lastquarter, down to the very end.

Congrats to both teams
pimp.gif

^ Now that you bring up safety play Adrian Wilson needs to work on that tackling technique. It mighta just been this game but i saw dude completely whiff on a couple tackles in the backfield and take some bad angles. Was looking like Ed reed out there. Although he does have crazy athleticism and makeup speed.
laugh.gif
, thats what my boys and I kept on talking about. He gotinto the backfield a couple of times and completely missed. There was that one play where he chased the ballcarrier (I believe it it was Willie Parker), afterhe gained ten plus yards. Madden was praising him for chasing him down.
smh.gif
, I would be pissed if a play went from a five yard loss to a 10 yard gain. Therewere a lot of games you could praise Adrian Wilson, this was not one of them.

Troy sucked overall... blew a few tackles, then got smoked on that long TD by Fitz when he bit on the outside.
I don't blame him for that one. The Cards were killing the Steelers on the flat all day, and Fitz was ghost status. Once the Cards got theSteelers to have Troy cover the flat along with Ike Taylor's bum #**, the Steelers got burned. I thought it was a good offensive playcall on that one. Other than that, I thought he had a terrible game, just flying everywhere, reckless.

just the quotes:

"I just feel empty right now, to be honest," Fitzgerald said. "Kind of like it was all for nothing."

"The ball wasn't thrown to me, for some reason," Fitzgerald said of the first half, "but I'm not pointing fingers. We just didn'tget it done. A loss is a loss no matter how close it is. It still hurts."

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Originally Posted by ShoesBcRack

im just sad football is now over
That's what i hate about superbowls. A Sick Game no doubt and all but once its over, dang. this season flew by.

I hate it too .... Life is so much better with football in it ... Now on to baseball , I guess .

Let's put it this way. I'm mad at the refs and James Harrison.

Even though I'm mad that the Cardinals lost, I will say that the Steelers played well.

Refs and that dirty piece of $!%@ James Harrison.

Great game. Props to the Cards. I wanted them to win. I couldn't believe that last Fitz TD
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Big Ben be messing up sometimes but that boy be making plays when the team needs em!!! Congrats to the Steelers and there fans yall deserve it. Class actaccept for Harrison.
laugh.gif

I guess I missed a good one. I was so tired today and didn't even watch the game. Oh well...

Football being over is
frown.gif

Great game. Conclusion = Warner MVP like we all thought right? Big Ben is Houdini, the Steelers are tough as nails and fitz is a bad bad man.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Props to the Steelers for becoming the number one team with Lombardi trophies, even if it means it puts the Boys at the number two spot now; The steelers are a class act organization, and I have nothing but praise for that team. It starts with the front office, to the head coach. Ive got alot of respect for Mike Tomlin, and wish nothing but success for him for the rest of his coaching career. Santonio had a great finish to the game, and I think that this game also proves that Ben is a top quarterback in this league; not that he is a big play type of player, but rather can come through in the clutch, and make the right plays.

pimp.gif

Very well stated. Cards did play a good game, its so much better when the game ends up being close and exciting like that then a blowout, even though my bloodpressure was through the roof. No hate for the cards organization, Warner is a stand up guy and fitz is a beast. Wiz still gets mad respect from people inPittsburgh, and Breaston grew up down the street from me...so congrats to the cards for making it that far, good unexpected season.

Awesome game...props to the Steelers...well deserved....funny thing is, I didn't really care who won the game. However, when the clock hit 00:00, I waselated to see Tomlin get this win. He seems like the epitome of what a coach should be. He relates to his players, but can draw that line between being afriend and coach. Dude totally gets it. That's the type of guy I would want leading my team. Also, following after Dungy in being the 2nd African AmericanSB winning coach is something special. Again, congrats to the Steelers as well as the Cards. One of the BEST SB's (especially in the 4th) that I have seen.

*DRC....now, Madden was hyping him up for some plays he made in the 1st quarter, but tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed that he was repeatedly burnton those plays? Yeah, he has great closing speed, but if Big Ben had been more accurate with his passes and the WR didn't have to slow up, Maddenwouldn't be hyping DRC for making a nice play on the ball. He was usually 5 yards or more behind the WR on some of those go routes. He caught up only whenthe ball was underthrown. It wasn't so much DRC making a play, more Big Ben failing to get enough air under his passes. I think he's going to make afine CB, but I just wasn't seeing some of the things Madden was when he was hyping him up in the 1st half.

interesting to see comments made in the morning compared to last night. Emotions and fatigue were running high

One of the best games I have ever seen in my life. Major props to the Cardinals they played amazing and had a hell of season.

Warner, Q, Fitz, Boldin, Breaston, That D
pimp.gif

That INT by Harrison was no doubt the play of the game and cost the Cards the game.

Was rooting for the Cards the whole time but once again PIT wins another close game.

Hold ur Head up Cards yall got nothing to be ashamed of.

i still cant believe this %$%+ ... dirtiest team in sports ... luckiest team in sports ... refs in their pocket ... warner throwin that dumb #+% pick ... whynot throw a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps... gag me on the tomlin comments ... dude doesnt do jack +%$% for that team except reep the benefits of possibly the best d coordinator EVER ... how yougonna be known as a defensive coach and not even touch the defense
laugh.gif
...and dont give me that "o he leads the team" !*%@#*+$ ...

Back
Top Bottom