Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I'm riding with the

Arizona%20Cardinals%201001%20-%20Spirit.jpg

They didn't believe us.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

seeing as how i'll be moving to glendale this summer...i guess i'll go for the cardinals. let's go cards!

oooh boy im so stoked....been watching these boys since i was a tot and Buddy Ryan was a coach
laugh.gif

got my 1998 Team autographed football starin me down

LETS DO THIS

hasn't really set in with me yet... glad there's 2 weeks til the game, i wanna enjoy this. I think we're gonna take it, i was much more worriedabout this game than I will be the Cards, especially since we have so many vets that played in superbowl 40 and won while the Cards have Kurt and that'sabout it.

Gonna be really fun though.

As far as people talking about this not being an interesting game... well, that's bound to be the feeling anybody has when the teams CBS hypes (big marketsusually) don't make it through like they hope for... however, the superbowl itself is such an event, it really doesn't matter who is playing.That's where baseball and the NBA have messed up, when they don't have big markets their ratings tank.. with the superbowl and march madness, eventsthat are bigger than the games themselves, it doesn't matter who plays -people are watching regardless.

So the NFL can't really lose in terms of the superbowl because the superbowl is a holiday now and they just get to celebrate their success on that day as aleague, regardless of the outcome of the game.

That being said - i enjoy superbowl sundays a lot more when my team isn't in them --- at least, in terms of having a relaxing, fun time. I'll benervous and uptight two weeks from now, but in a good way.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

hasn't really set in with me yet... glad there's 2 weeks til the game, i wanna enjoy this. I think we're gonna take it, i was much more worried about this game than I will be the Cards, especially since we have so many vets that played in superbowl 40 and won while the Cards have Kurt and that's about it.

Gonna be really fun though.

As far as people talking about this not being an interesting game... well, that's bound to be the feeling anybody has when the teams CBS hypes (big markets usually) don't make it through like they hope for... however, the superbowl itself is such an event, it really doesn't matter who is playing. That's where baseball and the NBA have messed up, when they don't have big markets their ratings tank.. with the superbowl and march madness, events that are bigger than the games themselves, it doesn't matter who plays -people are watching regardless.

So the NFL can't really lose in terms of the superbowl because the superbowl is a holiday now and they just get to celebrate their success on that day as a league, regardless of the outcome of the game.

That being said - i enjoy superbowl sundays a lot more when my team isn't in them --- at least, in terms of having a relaxing, fun time. I'll be nervous and uptight two weeks from now, but in a good way.

I think Ken has proven he would have been a worthy choice for the Pitt job I dont think you can discredit Tomlin and he was a great choice, however I thinkPitt could have done this and had Ken as coach.

i will be rooting for the team that is currently losing on game day. i just want to watch a really close and good game

I'll be rooting for Arizona.

I don't think I can stomach another Steelers victory. Even though I do like Tomlin, just wish he wasn't coaching Pittsburgh.

Its crazy to see the Cards in the SuperBowl...I give my cousin crap all the time about how their(Cards) D is awful and how I would punch Racker dead in hisface if I ever seen him one on one. I talked major crap to him see last week about his last game of the year would be in Charlotte against my Panther. But Jaketrucked that game off, like something I've never seen in my life. As good as AZ's D has played in the playoffs, im still not buying them beingSuperBowl caliber. But on the other hand, you can't 4get the Cards did defeat the same Steelers team last year in Glendale. So there is a chance it canhappen. To be honest with you, the way they jerk my cousin in and out the game, and show no loyalty to any players.(Edge) Makes me hate the OC and Whiz guts,but that's just selfish of me to talk like that. And I know my cousin just wants a ring and a extra check, so I hopes he gets it.

cards all day! no more steeler banners!!!! btw- cards are the feel good story ala 01 pats so.....i like feel goods.

as 4 that no call on 4th and 10 in the 4th, i concur. dude was 'goin 4 ball' and fallin on the dudes achilles' heel. its not like he was strippindudes arms away from making the catch. technically he did make contact but it was inadvertent and i agree w/ the no call.

go cards

Usually when you look at past matchups you notice trends of certain teams going to the NFC/AFC Championship games and then the SB every year. Like theSteelers, or NE, or Indy, Philly. These teams are always there. They may have an off year or two, but for the most part the top 4 teams is usually those teamsthat have the greatest franchises. Every so often though, you get a team like the Falcons in 98, and today like the Cardinals where people who aren't alivetoday will look at this matchup this year and say...yeah, that's a weird matchup. I wonder how the Cardinals got in there. Unless of course they go on andstart a dynasty of some sort and it looked like they belonged.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Usually when you look at past matchups you notice trends of certain teams going to the NFC/AFC Championship games and then the SB every year. Like the Steelers, or NE, or Indy, Philly. These teams are always there. They may have an off year or two, but for the most part the top 4 teams is usually those teams that have the greatest franchises. Every so often though, you get a team like the Falcons in 98, and today like the Cardinals where people who aren't alive today will look at this matchup this year and say...yeah, that's a weird matchup. I wonder how the Cardinals got in there. Unless of course they go on and start a dynasty of some sort and it looked like they belonged.
laugh.gif
Whu...? Philly and Indy going to the SB every year?

outside of the Pats, this decade we have seen
St Louis (2)
Tennessee
Baltimore
NY Giants (2)
Tampa Bay
Oakland
Carolina
Philadelphia
Seattle
Chicago
Pittsburgh (2)
Arizona

in the Super Bowl. i really don't notice any trend. the teams you named aren't winning the Super Bowl every year. they just receive the most media hypeevery year, and those are the teams people pick to win the SB.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Usually when you look at past matchups you notice trends of certain teams going to the NFC/AFC Championship games and then the SB every year. Like the Steelers, or NE, or Indy, Philly. These teams are always there. They may have an off year or two, but for the most part the top 4 teams is usually those teams that have the greatest franchises. Every so often though, you get a team like the Falcons in 98, and today like the Cardinals where people who aren't alive today will look at this matchup this year and say...yeah, that's a weird matchup. I wonder how the Cardinals got in there. Unless of course they go on and start a dynasty of some sort and it looked like they belonged.
laugh.gif
Whu...? Philly and Indy going to the SB every year?

outside of the Pats, this decade we have seen
St Louis (2)
Tennessee
Baltimore
NY Giants (2)
Tampa Bay
Oakland
Carolina
Philadelphia
Seattle
Chicago
Pittsburgh (2)
Arizona

in the Super Bowl. i really don't notice any trend. the teams you named aren't winning the Super Bowl every year. they just receive the most media hype every year, and those are the teams people pick to win the SB.

That is not what I said at all. I was including the NFC/AFC championship games too...If you look at it that way you see a pattern of the same teams for themost part. and both had their fair share of NFC/AFC championship games. I don't think I explained myself well.

Take a snapshot of each decade of the final four teams remaining and you see a lot of the same teams popping up, and then all of a sudden there is a year wherea team is in there and you're like where did they come from. Because prior to and after their appearance they vanish for a long time and I'm sayingArizona is a team like that. People who aren't alive today will look at this decade and see the Cardinals and they'll be like huh? weird.

Quan
Dock
McFadden
Timmons

Two of the 4 will be getting a ring, one way or another.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still can't believe the Cards are going to the Superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom