Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

i cant believe what youre doing cards
smh.gif

my niners need to take notes
smh.gif
smh.gif

I want to see Warner get another ring, but I have the Steelers winning this game by 10.

Steelers are early 7 point favorites.

Hmmmmmm. At first glance it just seems like too much. I duno.

Then again Arizona has not seen a D like this in the playoffs. Which leads me to believe they'll get blown out.
ohwell.gif

woke up this morning and it still hasn't set in that the steelers are going to the superbowl. of all the teams i cheer for the steelers are the only onesthat have taken the team to the promised land and won in my lifetime so its extra special when they win.

larry fitz is gonna be gigantic problems, dude simply beasts against any and everybody. but..

IN LEBEAU I TRUST!
pimp.gif
this man..this genius needs to get the majority ofthe credit for what the steelers do. it'll be one sad sad sad day when he retires.

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals used only one receiver on nine of their final 14 plays in the NFC Championship Game.
Boldin
Boldin

Anquan Boldin was not that receiver.

Initial evidence suggests Boldin wasn't too happy with the situation.

As teammates streamed into the Cardinals' locker room after the 32-25 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Boldin was seen leaving out the back door.

The two-time Pro Bowler was asked if an NFC championship helped alleviate any ill feelings he had toward the team.

"That's not an issue," Boldin said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Like I told you guys at the beginning of the season, my maingoal was to do this. I've come through with all of my promises. I fought. I gave my heart to this organization. It's paying off."
Eagles-Cardinals highlights

The Arizona Cardinals defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC Championship Game.
Late in the game, cameras showed Boldin arguing with offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline. Once the game ended, Boldin left the field quicklywithout celebrating.

In the locker room, Haley dismissed the sideline interaction as part of the game. He described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," Haley said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I goabout business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

Cameras also showed Haley and quarterback Kurt Warner in heated conversation, but Warner and Haley have a strong history.

Warner has even joked about spending so much time speaking with Haley that his wife has suspected the quarterback might be having an affair.

But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach KenWhisenhunt.

Boldin has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He'smaking an average of
$4 million a year.

im pissed right now... I saw their argument on the sideline during the game. We absolutely dont need this right now.

I hope Q didnt get the ball so much was to keep him from reinjuring his hamstring.

SMH AT THIS

Haley is always arguing w/ the players.

And if Warner can argue w/ the OC, Why can't Q?

ohwell.gif

And if you didn't know, Q has one of the biggest mouths in the L...He's always saying some *%@%. Hell, If I was him, I'd be mad too. Put me in the#%#!@%% game coach.

we made the homie pick a football team like 3 years ago and he pick the cards
laugh.gif
i told this fool at the start of the playoffs i would buy him a Authentic cards jersey if his bum !#% team won the super bowl
tired.gif
mad.gif
and i hate the %!%$#%* steelers. this super bowl is WACK

I don't think Q will be a problem, he's just competing hard, he had a moment, they'll squash it before the game comes.

Unfortunately, they'll just have to answer a million questions about it for 2 weeks.

I see Pitt pullin this one out, they've done it before, but ya never know, the way Warner and Fitz been hookin up, if Pitt doubles him and leaves Q andBreaston one on one, I could see the Cards make a run at it.

Should be a good one.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

What would it take to get Boldin this offseason ?

A first or second ?

As much as I like what you're thinking, we would still be better off keeping picks rather then trying to add guys.

That said, how old is Q? Late 20's correct?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by WILLINC

What would it take to get Boldin this offseason ?

A first or second ?

As much as I like what you're thinking, we would still be better off keeping picks rather then trying to add guys.

That said, how old is Q? Late 20's correct?
Ya 28

He still has some time on his contract.. They were talking about re signing him this year for a contract extension and some more scrilla

I really don't care who wins this. If the steelers win i'll be happy for Mike Tomlin. If the Cardinals win i'll be happy for Edgerrin.

This is probably the first Super Bowl where I won't mind who wins. I just want to see an epic game.

Go Cards! It's gonna be tough though, I don't think as good as Fitz is, Blitzburg's D isn't gonna let him run freely like the Eagles, Panthers,and Falcons did. Should be a good game though. Cards 28 Steelers-24

Originally Posted by recognizAZ

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals used only one receiver on nine of their final 14 plays in the NFC Championship Game.
Boldin
Boldin

Anquan Boldin was not that receiver.

Initial evidence suggests Boldin wasn't too happy with the situation.

As teammates streamed into the Cardinals' locker room after the 32-25 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles, Boldin was seen leaving out the back door.

The two-time Pro Bowler was asked if an NFC championship helped alleviate any ill feelings he had toward the team.

"That's not an issue," Boldin said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. "Like I told you guys at the beginning of the season, my main goal was to do this. I've come through with all of my promises. I fought. I gave my heart to this organization. It's paying off."
Eagles-Cardinals highlights

The Arizona Cardinals defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the NFC Championship Game.
Late in the game, cameras showed Boldin arguing with offensive coordinator Todd Haley on the sideline. Once the game ended, Boldin left the field quickly without celebrating.

In the locker room, Haley dismissed the sideline interaction as part of the game. He described himself as emotional.

"Just the emotions of the game," Haley said. "We're emotional guys. Like I said, I wear my heart on my sleeve and that's the way I go about business and I have to deal with that on a full-time basis."

Cameras also showed Haley and quarterback Kurt Warner in heated conversation, but Warner and Haley have a strong history.

Warner has even joked about spending so much time speaking with Haley that his wife has suspected the quarterback might be having an affair.

But Boldin's relationship with the team has been more contentious, stemming from a contract dispute.

Boldin even requested a trade in August, saying he didn't feel his situation could be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Boldin has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of
$4 million a year.

im pissed right now... I saw their argument on the sideline during the game. We absolutely dont need this right now.

I hope Q didnt get the ball so much was to keep him from reinjuring his hamstring.

SMH AT THIS
relax. it's all part of the game. warner was smiling right after they cut out of the "argument". if boldin doesn't get the ballthrown his way, it will be the Steeler's D rather than the play calling. he was fine after that layoff from that jet's injury.

I got Zona winning this one, I don't think Pittsburgh can hold down their offense. It's easy for Pittsburgh's defense to look great in cold weatheragainst an opposing
sick.gif
offense like Baltimore, but on a neutral field inwarm weather I don't think they can shut down a prolific offense. Maybe I'm wrong but can someone tell me when they have shut down a great offense in awarm weather game? And I mean a team that scores 25+ a game.

AZ 31
PIT 24

Larry Fitzgerald MVP

A bit more on the Boldin situation..
FREEMAN CALLS BOLDIN A "%@!$$%@"

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

Our buddy Mike Freeman of CBS Sports had some choice words for Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, based on his behavior during Sunday's NFC title game.

Freeman points out that, as the FOX cameras demonstrated, Boldin engaged in a fourth-quarter argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

After the game, Boldin still had his panties in a bunch. Per Freeman, he abruptly left the field while his teammates were celebrating the victory, and then he abruptly left the locker room.

"I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl," Freeman writes. "What Boldin did almost never happens. Congratulations on making history, Anquan."

It'll be interesting to see what kind of legs this thing grows over the next two weeks.

And if it was part of Boldin's plan to get out of town, it just might have worked.
Leaving your teammates like that while they're celebrating the biggest moment in franchise history? Uh, not cool sir. Put your selfishnessaside for a bit.

On another note... taken from Mike Wilbon's article today:
You want to know what quarterbacks in modern history (since 1950) have been better than Roethlisberger through five seasons? None. Nobody. Not Joe Willie Namath, not Joe Montana, nobody. Big Ben is the only quarterback to win 51 games his first five seasons. That's three victories better than Otto Graham, Dan Marino, Tom Brady and John Elway. If I had to win a game to save my own life I'd take Roethlisberger over everybody who played in the NFL this season, and that includes everybody named Manning. It's difficult to understand why the praise is so grudging.

smh.gif
@ all these cats onthe underdog bandwagon.

I definitely won't be sleeping on the Cards on the 1st but i still think we got this, our D last night was amazing... can't believe we didn'tallow the Ravens to get their first 1st down until the 2nd qtr. We still prevailed with Ward out the game and you know he's gonna show up Superbowl time,if our running game comes around with Parker I don't see any chance of this being as close a game. Fitz is gonna be a problem but Farrior and Harrisonshould have him

Ben about to get his 2nd Lombardi trophy in 5 seasons, Mike Tomlin is very deserving of a trophy after this season, by far the most grueling schedule of anyNFL team and having to face the Ravens a 3rd time in the conference championship. Looking foward to this Superbowl
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

This is probably the first Super Bowl where I won't mind who wins. I just want to see an epic game.
Agreed. I just want to see a great game. I don't think this is a boring matchup at all. It should be good.

Wow we need more details on this Boldin drama queen stuff. He needs to get his act together in these next two weeks. Bad vibes going into Super Bowl Sunday =
smh.gif

I don't see how the Steelers lose, because I've always been so big on the whole 'Offense scores points, defense wins championships' concept.

But that's exactly what has happened throughout the playoffss for the Cardinals never being given a chance, and then advancing.

Back
Top Bottom