***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

[thread="503844"]Quote:

Originally Posted by kwh3 
[/thread]
Seriously, the best artists shouldn't be chargin this much (I'm assuming $4500 USD?) . You can get the same quality or near the same for half the price if you do your research.

I got Steve Butcher at $1000 (New Zealand dollars) per full day session. $4500 is highway robbery.

Yup she only does 1/day and 3/week. Any recommendations on research other then IG?

Anyone have the top of their foot tattooed ?

I want to get both of mine done before the summer. Just want to see what people have done.

(I already got full sleeves on both arms and my back all the way down to my the bottom of my butt cheeks)

So i came across a guy who has an appt with the guy im trying to reach in his comments. I DM him asking how he got ahold of the artist and he simply said he got lucky he replied. Told me just keep trying. By reading comments on different pictures a lot of people havent got replies. And hes only booked 1 month at most? :lol:

Just got this done a few weeks ago. It's about a hand size but seems smaller due to my massive legs. It's right under my knee.

Any of you guys have tattoos behind an ear? I got an "R" behind my right ear almost two years ago and I just realized that it's slightly starting to fade. Should I get it retouched? All of my other tattoos are still very vibrant so I don't know if Its normal or not.

Last edited:

Heard this was frowned upon by tattoo artists. Defeats the experience of getting inked 
I've read about tattoo artists that don't approve but also read various reviews online of tattoo artists that have no issues with clients using it. Just wondered if anyone had tried it with their artist and what the experience was. 

Guess it's a touchy subject depending on the view of your artist...

I've never used numbing cream for any of my tattoos so I can't speak to that but I have used Bactine (it's an antiseptic / numbing agent that's meant for first-aid, not just tattoos) thrice - for my lower back, the back of my knee and my chest. The "wound" has to be open - you can't just spritz it on fresh skin and then start tattooing - but after it's applied it will numb the area for a little bit and help reduce swelling. I certainly found it to be helpful but artists are also careful not to overuse it.

Tattoo artists' opinions of numbing agents vary on an artist-by-artist basis but everyone I've met tends to not have a problem using them; bear in mind that it also depends on what part of your body you're getting tattooed and how long you've been going for. If you're getting something that isn't anywhere particularly tricky (like your arm), are only fifteen minutes in and ask for it, chances are it won't fly.

Anyone ever get a touch up by another artist and not the original artist who did it? Is this frowned upon?

I have a full sleeve on my right arm, I was very anxious to get it done but I did not use numbing cream, and I dont think my pain tolerance is high tbh. But, the only part really hurt was on my elbow, still looking to cover my other arm and then move to my back and chest.

How do you guys budget for a piece? I know dudes hourly rate & the piece I want just not sure how long it would take him. Do you guys set aside like 1k to go to a good artist or what? That's what I was planning on doing l.

How do you guys budget for a piece? I know dudes hourly rate & the piece I want just not sure how long it would take him. Do you guys set aside like 1k to go to a good artist or what? That's what I was planning on doing l.

I put away $500 and I make my appointment. Each session won't cost me more than $500w/tip. It was $140/hr almost 10 years ago.

Other than my back, Usually each piece is like 3-4 sessions (for me)

Last edited:
Hey guys need some help.

Got a fairly large piece tatted yesterday and it is now sticking to my wife beater.

What is the best/safest way to separate the wife beater from my shirt without peeling/ruining the tat?

Hey guys need some help.

Got a fairly large piece tatted yesterday and it is now sticking to my wife beater.

What is the best/safest way to separate the wife beater from my shirt without peeling/ruining the tat?
dont wear one tbh, try and wear loose fitting clothing so its not touching it as much as possible 

Hey guys need some help.

Per googling, try to wet the area where the clothing is sticking to the tattoo with water

Getting a machine for a homeboy. Any recommendations? I used to tatt but its been years, my hand gave out. So im not sure whats the go-to right now for beginners.

Anyone ever get a touch up by another artist and not the original artist who did it? Is this frowned upon?

Yes.....but honestly I don't think a lot of the tattooers out there care aside from the legit ones. Like in SF, everyone kind of knows each other and would never dare do it but there are plenty of shops outside of the city that would do it for the money.

Yes.....but honestly I don't think a lot of the tattooers out there care aside from the legit ones. Like in SF, everyone kind of knows each other and would never dare do it but there are plenty of shops outside of the city that would do it for the money.

I went to some random tattoo shop in the city and the artist tattooing my girl knew I got my work done by Toby 2 thumbs.

TBH unless you got a legit reason like artist is dead or you got tattooed in prison and you ain't going back. Ive seen other artist design a tattoo and another artist (same shop) do the ink work

Back
Top Bottom