***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Thanks. I think I’m going to wait a few more days. It’s been a week for me already. What do you have on your legs plansb plansb ?
I have three lions (male, female, cub) which is supposed to be me my wife and son. I also have my two dogs faces. It’s from my knee down. Here’s a pic of the dogs from when I started my leg sleeve two years ago. Don’t have one from when the lions were done.

BF629D00-B01F-4B37-9A32-C35770957C1F.jpeg

How long do you guys wait till you start working out again? Been itching to run.

depends on what's being done + where it's being done. if it's just shading, i usually workout 3 days after and try not to get a lot of sweat on it.

some artists have the protective films that they can stick onto your tattoo (depending on the tattoo location) and you can workout right after.

Yo is it a norm in the industry for tattoo artists to be HORRIBLE at responding to clients? Regardless of the platform. Text, DM, FB Messenger, etc. I'm tryna see something.

Yo is it a norm in the industry for tattoo artists to be HORRIBLE at responding to clients? Regardless of the platform. Text, DM, FB Messenger, etc. I'm tryna see something.
Yes, they get blown up so much they can pick and choose. It’s worse when they’re your friend. I basically had to quit going to my boy who did my tats for years because the professionalism was not there at all

I understand it though. It gets tiring especially if the artist doesn’t know you at all. I used to hang out at a tattoo shop after high school. Pre social media days. Tattoo artists could be A-holes. They really talk a lot of smack on those who don’t tip or don’t tip much.

That's the thing my artist has done plenty of work on me and I always tip well every session. He just sucks at responding. My wife has been trying to get in with him for over a year and he won't respond to her on any platform lol.

Now anytime I go I just book additional sessions for the future even if I have no clue what I want because it's damn near impossible to get him to respond. And he's a super nice guy, and very professional on all other levels. Boy needs an assistant asap lol

Had a similar experience with a previous artist he was kinda the same way. Maybe a little better than my current guy.

eventually they'll get an assistant and their price will go up. then it's up to you if you want to pay the new price or find a new artist :lol:

How long do you guys wait till you start working out again? Been itching to run.

I think if you got tatted where the skin creases, it is best to wait but the leg seems harmless and a week should be fine.

QUOTE="BurnSurvivorJoe, post: 33793578, member: 137598"]
Nice. Do you guys stick to one artist?
[/QUOTE]

If you are that guy/gal, one of the funnest things to do is to collect tattoos from all artists. Of course your body will start showing that with everyone's styles but I love pointing out all the cool people I got tatted from but to be honest, the only people that care about that are the tattoo artists themselves. Your casual tattoo person will go by things like price, proximity, etc. I like getting tats for the credibility and if the artist is a good person where I want to give them my money. Like I got my arm done at Skull and Sword in SF and now the shop is gone. It's sort of cool to know I got in before their demise but of course a lot of people would just not care about that.

Definitely a norm. A lot of people use a tattoo receptionist and they'll be on the ball but with COVID, a lot tattooers are doing it at their homes and they have been horrible to respond. The last guy I went used his fiancee and I had no idea cause when I went to meet him, he had no idea we ever corresponded at all. Also some artists just have the work where they can ignore people and just respond to the current or loyal customers. I sent in 3 emails to artist months back and only 1 responded and he got my money for the tattoo.

I have three lions (male, female, cub) which is supposed to be me my wife and son. I also have my two dogs faces. It’s from my knee down. Here’s a pic of the dogs from when I started my leg sleeve two years ago. Don’t have one from when the lions were done.

BF629D00-B01F-4B37-9A32-C35770957C1F.jpeg
Nice. Is your whole leg sleeved now? Which side hurt more...front or back of the leg? I think next year, I am focusing on my leg again and wanted to get something either on my knee or below the knee. Just not sure if I should go front of the leg or back. I heard the shin sucks.

Nice. Is your whole leg sleeved now? Which side hurt more...front or back of the leg? I think next year, I am focusing on my leg again and wanted to get something either on my knee or below the knee. Just not sure if I should go front of the leg or back. I heard the shin sucks.
Yeah whole leg is done now. I think the worst was upper inner side of the leg. Shin wasn’t too bad. Back was nothing.

Yeah whole leg is done now. I think the worst was upper inner side of the leg. Shin wasn’t too bad. Back was nothing.
Oh great. That was my other option. I did the outside of my thigh thinking it would be nothing but it did hurt a lot but I would imagine the inside would be worse which makes me think I can't do it. For whatever reason my pain threshold is weakening. Everything hurts now.

Sick. Do you have traditional tattoos? I just started collecting. SF has a lot of great artists that I want to visit one day. So does Portland

I don't but I am open to it. I am Chinese and Japanese and initially only wanted Japanese tattoos. I never wanted black and white realism but then I got it and totally loved it. I never wanted script too but even got that and love it too. So I foresee traditional in my future just cause I am at the point where I just don't care.

SF has some good traditional artists. I think if any, we severely lack realism talent. Check out Idlehands have some really good artist there:

Jontalvo is dope too but I think he moved out of SF but comes back regularly.

I sort of want a hybrid with traditional looking with an Asian spin. I have been wanting a Koji tat but he lives in Japan and is insanely hard to get a hold of.

Oh great. That was my other option. I did the outside of my thigh thinking it would be nothing but it did hurt a lot but I would imagine the inside would be worse which makes me think I can't do it. For whatever reason my pain threshold is weakening. Everything hurts now.

Anybody ever taken meds / drugs to deal with the pain when getting tattooed?

Tattooist i went to had some crazy stories on that front...

One time he thought some one was going to die on the table from OD. Couldnt wake them up for like an hour :smh: :lol:

Is it normal for an artist to give the same tattoo to multiple people? I’d really want something similar to this from this artist but not sure if it’s okay to ask for it

^^^^^Yes. I have a tattoo that millions of people have and even got it from a tattoo artists that did it on the same spot earlier that year. So don't think any tattoo is exclusive. Even if a tattoo is original, it will get copied eventually.

it's astonishing how pain tolerance is different from body-to-body. i recently got my leg done. like you said, inner thigh was painful. but the hammy...yo that joint was excruciating

Back
Top Bottom