***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I got my right chest done about 3 weeks ago. I got some ink toward my chest years back which wasn't that bad but this time around it hurt. My tattoo artists initially wanted me to get inked toward my ribs and I actually chickened out and said no. I just don't get how people get inked in the ribs and even stomach. I just don't think I can take it.
It’s EXTREMELY painful to me as well. The center of my chest felt like it was done with a hot screwdriver lol. Sides definitely hurt (have both completely done) closer to the arm pit is terrible

I used numbing cream on my chest/stomach and it definitely helps only down side is when it wears off man it’s a different kinda pain. Was about 7 hour session about hour 3-4 it started to fade though. I used Uber numb
My wife used it for her first tattoo and she said the exact same thing. Said it only worked for about 1.5-2 hours and after that the pain was unbearable. She cried the rest of the way through. But she also chose a horrible spot (stomach) for her first ink lol.

It’s EXTREMELY painful to me as well. The center of my chest felt like it was done with a hot screwdriver lol. Sides definitely hurt (have both completely done) closer to the arm pit is terrible
My wife used it for her first tattoo and she said the exact same thing. Said it only worked for about 1.5-2 hours and after that the pain was unbearable. She cried the rest of the way through. But she also chose a horrible spot (stomach) for her first ink lol.
Lol yeah it definitely hits different when it wears off

Mind the unchiseled body but finished up my chest tattoo last week. My artists sort of did a mellow Japanese piece that sort of flows with my arm. He made the peony less detailed so it looked like it was done by the same artist who ended up moving from SF to NY. Flower represents my daughter who is 19 months hence why it’s closed and not in full bloom.

My tattoos are sort of a mess now but it’s a collection that I guess is just a part of my history. I used to get tattoo regret all the time but I am 39 and I just sort of like getting inked for the sake of getting inked. I am hoping next year to add to my leg tattoo and get something Greek again.

Processed-with-VSCO-with-acg-preset.jpg

Never had tattoo regret.. even though my left arm is 3 different artists and two different styles.. sure I’d love to have something cohesive, but it doesn’t mean enough to me. My right arm is Japanese themed and was supposed to be one artist, but he’s been playin games.

I already got two different artists on legs and have a third lined up.

I just sat for 3hrs last night on a leg piece. Second tat in a month. Can’t stop, won’t stop.

went with a Dali painting

B89F3A01-9C24-4B6B-B1B5-D6D471D2147F.jpeg

It’s weird how tattoo regret occurs. I remember for me, it happened when I went to a tattoo convention and every a-hole that looked like me (Asian with sneakers) all had sleeves or back tattoos that was one big piece. I was like super disappointed with my stuff but I realize there was no way I could have done it that way 10 years ago. I just didn’t have the money for it.

I like my stuff now but mostly cause every tattoo was done at a point of my life. My first tattoo was done when I was going through a bad break up and I just wanted change. Went with a co worker to get it and now that coworker is my wife. Go figure.

Now that I'm older I'm glad I never got the tattoos I wanted 10 years ago and waited till last year to get my first :lol:
For sure. Unless you’re 30 I’d advise not to get anything. During college you think you’ll be all about something forever only to see you don’t even mess with that anymore and that tatt is currently meaningless

My first tat was a rose on my tricep.. Like Fong stated, went through a bad breakup and wanted some drastic changes. I like flowers, my mom is a gardener, so I figured I’d never get tired of it and I haven’t. It was my only tat for four years, only regret is I’d surely had picked a better artist. The Roses I see these days are out of this world compared to mine.

Want something on my right knee , im plotting but don’t know if any of my ideas/themes are knee tats.

I don’t regret my tattoos but I just wish I had them done better. I will be covering some old stuff for sure.

same. i wish i could redo my first tattoo, it doesn't look bad at all, but it could be better.

I got my first tattoo when I was 21/22. I was going through a bad breakup as well :lol: I got a simple lotus flower at the nape of my neck.

I always seem to get new ink when I'm heartbroken, or if I achieved a major milestone in my life.

My first tat was a rose on my tricep.. Like Fong stated, went through a bad breakup and wanted some drastic changes. I like flowers, my mom is a gardener, so I figured I’d never get tired of it and I haven’t. It was my only tat for four years, only regret is I’d surely had picked a better artist. The Roses I see these days are out of this world compared to mine.

Want something on my right knee , im plotting but don’t know if any of my ideas/themes are knee tats.
One of my artist is known for his roses.

what did your guys' tattoos look like before you went in for a touch-up?

my ganesha piece is 6-7 years old and i'm not sure if it's due for one. color is still vibrant for the most part, but i want the colors to pop just a little bit more.

My dilemma at the moment is what arm to do this half sleeve on? Any suggestions lol

Was leaning towards the left, but I'm right handed so maybe the right?

My dilemma at the moment is what arm to do this half sleeve on? Any suggestions lol

Was leaning towards the left, but I'm right handed so maybe the right?
I swear I asked that question on here before. I did right cause I am right handed but I swear the majority do left hand. I still don’t think I would have done left but odd how I feel like I am in the minority.

I got my first tattoo when I was 21/22. I was going through a bad breakup as well :lol: I got a simple lotus flower at the nape of my neck.

I always seem to get new ink when I'm heartbroken, or if I achieved a major milestone in my life.

Wild....

I'm exactly the same but without the flower tatt...

what did your guys' tattoos look like before you went in for a touch-up?

my ganesha piece is 6-7 years old and i'm not sure if it's due for one. color is still vibrant for the most part, but i want the colors to pop just a little bit more.
These tattoo artists are pretty amazing nowadays. I think coverups are more challenging but touch ups should be pretty straight forward. Lines will be more bold and colors should just be more saturated. I think just fine someone that has some experience in it and it should be fine.

I swear I asked that question on here before. I did right cause I am right handed but I swear the majority do left hand. I still don’t think I would have done left but odd how I feel like I am in the minority.

Eventually both will get tatted just not anytime soon. Im going with the left. Especially since I'm getting a VM on it and I'm not trying to see her face when I'm pleasing myself 😂

Back
Top Bottom