***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

That tattoo is sick as **** :smokin
Damn when I see white people and lightskin people with tattoos is the only time I wish I was lightskin...... /:

Anyway I also want a comic related tattoo like the guys a few pages back. Don't know if I want an X-Men or Cosmic Universe related tattoo though. I cant narrow it down to less than 10ish characters even

Just found out about this Adam Kremer guy

Work is bomb. Thought I had to share. These are some of the best portraits I have ever seen.

just justcame across this thread..  was  lucky enough to get a sesh with one of my  favorite artists he was doing doinga guest spot out here in CA this pic is from his instagram

I can't tell with the tags.. was that done by Carlos Torres or someone else? Dope either way - just didn't look like his typical stuff.

How did ya'll come up with ideas on what to get tattooed onto ya'll? I can't figure out what I could get that would be meaningful enough that I'd wouldn't look at it and regret it immediately after getting it.

How did ya'll come up with ideas on what to get tattooed onto ya'll? I can't figure out what I could get that would be meaningful enough that I'd wouldn't look at it and regret it immediately after getting it.

People go through different approaches. You can do the LA Ink thing and go into a tattoo shop that has dope illustrators and see if they can create something from your ideas. Also just looking on the interent or books for inspiration is another. Just take an existing idea and just throw your own twist on it. I know it's hard but even the most meaningful tattoos come out way different then you'd imagine. It needs to be a balance of meaning and just a dope illustration or look. That is why people like me go the traditional route just cause I know what to expect and I think that stuff holds more life then something way different. It's not for everyone though. Also there are people that collect tattoos as apposed to getting them. I am lucky enough where a lot of famous guys are around my way but I think that is more my route now aside from just getting tattoos from random folks.

Any animal I tatted shares a trait with me. I got an elephant's face tatted because I hated the tight leash my parents put me on and elephants hate being enclosed in small places. They are also one of the smartest animals in the world and one of the few capable of self recognition.

A fairy in a bottle from Zelda because I was born with sickle cell anemia. Not much was known about the disease back then. They said I was gonna die before I reached adulthood. A bottled fairy in the game revives you when you die.

An image from one of my favorite albums

with the quotes
"No heaven up above you, No Heaven underneath ye, and no one will receive thee"

Just cuz I feel like there will never be anyone who loves me

Just things that have been relevant to me my whole life.

Next up is my Athena sleeve. She was goddess of wisdom and war but preferred not to go to war. Just like I prefer not to use violence (go to war) but I will not avoid violence for the sake of avoiding it. I'll go to war if the situation calls for it.

Part of my athena sleeve will be a black widow spider because of the story of Arachne and Athena and I am into fashion

I think this is in almost every subculture. I frequent a skate forum and dudes be hating like no other. But I would think that is how it is with anything whether sports, people with money, art, etc.

Speaking of, Troy Denning is one of the most drama filled tattoo artist as far has his Insagram goes. Dude literally loves showing how hard he is with tattooing and how certain people are fake. What's ironic is I swear he hated on that tattoo reality contest show. Then this year, he was a guest judge. Haha.

I have to agree with this view. Too many people just get tattoos for the attention and because it's trendy right now.

I have to agree with this view. Too many people just get tattoos for the attention and because it's trendy right now.
At the same time, I hate it when people ask me what do my tattoos mean. If you are a legit fan of the art and culture, theres nothing wrong with getting a tattoo just cause you like the artwork. Not everything HAS to have meaning, not every tattoo HAS to have a story.

Its easy to find out true fans and people doing it as a trend.

At the same time, I hate it when people ask me what do my tattoos mean. If you are a legit fan of the art and culture, theres nothing wrong with getting a tattoo just cause you like the artwork. Not everything HAS to have meaning, not every tattoo HAS to have a story.

Its easy to find out true fans and people doing it as a trend.

That is where I am at. I mean I only really look at asian and if any, LA type tattoos and most tattoos that I think look sick are the traditional stuff. I am over the meaning of tattoos. I want classic stuff that (to me) look timeless. When people try and get tattoos with so much meaning, it usually ends up way to complex. I like tattoos to look like tattoos. Hard outline, shade, fill, and color. That's all you need.

I can't tell with the tags.. was that done by Carlos Torres or someone else? Dope either way - just didn't look like his typical stuff.
nah it was was done by rember orellana..  timelinegallery is where i got it done which i believe is carlos shop...  carlos came up to us a couple times during to make small talk..  i was tempted to beg him to put me me on his waiting list lol. ... which i hhear is like 1 1/2 years + 

Looking to get my first tattoo, any advice on finding an artist? I live in the Bay Area and looking to get an ambigram.

^ South San Francisco but I'm willing to travel for the right artist.

I just went to this one shop near Market St the other day. Never heard of it before but the shop was super clean and seemed creditable. I am so focused on asian tattoos that I never bother to look at shops like this. But they seem to do predominantly black line work. Check out Ben Volt on the website below. He ironically has an anagram tattoo in his portfolio.

http://2spirittattoo.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/2-spirit-tattoo-san-francisco

You dont need to go to a super fancy shop for an ambigram tattoo. Just look at portfolios and see who does nice clean lines. Ambigrams are fairly simple unless you want certain words that dont already have an ambigram design.

Back
Top Bottom