***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Sometimes id let my tattoos just dry heal. Nothing at all on it and just shower normally with non scented soap. Worked well honestly. Before id be an A&D guy cause I strangely like the smell. :lol:

i had a younger coworker tell me his first tattoo was super itching and he told me his tattoo artist told him to not put anything on it.. i said that's crazy and told him to put some aveeno on it :rofl:

Definitely don’t use lotion. When you clean it use white dove bar and then a light layer of A&D ointment
Don't use Dove soap..The non-natural chemicals they put into the bar to help "moisturize" your skin can be bad for tattoo healing..And 1000% don't us A&D ointment..That ointment actually promotes scarring, which you don't want for your tattoo..
I typically used unscented antibacterial neutrogena soap to clean and aquaphor
lol i think everyone has their own way / what works for them.. for me i just use a little aquaphor when it's fresh for a day or two.. then just aveeno non-scented lotion after.

thanks for all the advice fellas.

I did light coat of aquaphor for 4 days after washing it with a non scented soap.

it really started to peel day 5 (today) so now i just wash it and use aveeno non scented lotion.

I felt like the aquaphor wasnt letting the tattoo breath despite me putting on a very thin layer.

Self poked last night. My ode to Memphis :emoji_kiss:

IMG_3360.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody have recs for an artist/shop in NYC ?

Keep walking into shops that are too pricey or meeting hipster stick n poke type folk . Just looking for a happy medium .

Wanted to start back up with a few names in black and grey lettering above my knee caps then possibly finish my sleeve (no style in mind yet , just wanted to get back into the swing of it with the names)

Help would be greatly appreciated . I know that good tats are expensive , but I’m just trying to get a feel for shops / artists that are reputable in NYC so I can start this search off properly . Any borough is fine

thanks

Last edited:
Check out Invisible, Smith Street, and Kings Ave. None of these places will be cheap though

Check out Invisible, Smith Street, and Kings Ave. None of these places will be cheap though

I’m willing to dish out $ for good work - just ran into a few places where I felt they were overcharging (new to nyc)

Gonna check these out , appreciate it

Reactions: ...
Nothing on my tattoos. Shea butter and coconut oil or olive oil but that’s what I use as my daily body moisturizer. My tat lady still amazed at how smooth and vibrant my tats heal (melanated and I have some color tats). Pretty much have full body suit, so healing has been consistent on all areas. I also eat completely natural (no meat), so I attribute the results to that. Nothing heals your body better than itself…

Has anyone gotten a sleeve by more than one artist that do the same style?

I have a half sleeve in my lower arm and I'm planning on finishing it out by another artist cause I also love his work as well.

They both do black/grey realism with statues but I'm curious if it's seen as disrespectful. Almost like going to another barber lol.

I've seen other get a sleeve done by more than 1 artists so I thought it was common but just wanted some NT input

I have a half sleeve in my lower arm and I'm planning on finishing it out by another artist cause I also love his work as well.

They both do black/grey realism with statues but I'm curious if it's seen as disrespectful. Almost like going to another barber lol.

I've seen other get a sleeve done by more than 1 artists so I thought it was common but just wanted some NT input
Finish meaning just the space right? Not the actual tattoo you have started by the other artists? If that is the case, you are fine. I think the biggest no no is just an artist finishing a sleeve that someone started. I am not saying someone wouldn't finish it but some more legit tattoo artists wouldn't touch it nor would want to do that kind of work.

Finish meaning just the space right? Not the actual tattoo you have started by the other artists? If that is the case, you are fine. I think the biggest no no is just an artist finishing a sleeve that someone started. I am not saying someone wouldn't finish it but some more legit tattoo artists wouldn't touch it nor would want to do that kind of work.

Yea just the space. The lower half is fully completed.

Thanks for your input!

Thinking of getting something like this for the forearm in the next year. I know it varies by artist, etc. But any ideas how much this might run me?

IMG-20211028-WA0003.jpeg

Wanted a tribal style tattoo for 5+ years, and lost 70+ lbs last year before and during quarantine and finally bit the bullet.

And finished my arm with a geometry style tattoo back in August

Attachments

• A88C8530-0DE1-49C6-833E-335603803A7F.jpeg
    A88C8530-0DE1-49C6-833E-335603803A7F.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 47
  • B01842EB-F0DC-4FE7-A3FA-4C13B58FC0D5.jpeg
    B01842EB-F0DC-4FE7-A3FA-4C13B58FC0D5.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 191
  • F7B60E62-1B14-4F89-92F4-DF072CFC9F61.jpeg
    F7B60E62-1B14-4F89-92F4-DF072CFC9F61.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 243

i think you’re good. It might be a little weird if you had something done on the outside forearm and getting the inner done by another artist (provided these aren’t stand-alone pieces).

Wanted a tribal style tattoo for 5+ years, and lost 70+ lbs last year before and during quarantine and finally bit the bullet.

And finished my arm with a geometry style tattoo back in August
Nice work! I've been thinking about a Polynesian and Seattle themed half sleeve from elbow to shoulder like your left pic.

Yeah. All those new age tatts ain’t it. IG got these people fooled into drawing scribbles and what not on their body. If a tat ain’t bold it’s gonna turn into mush

Honestly tattooing has changed so much.

younger people don't really care how a tattoo ages. Their here for a good time not a long time.

You sacrifice tattoo lasting power for details.

Hence why so many single needle tattoos are popular now.

Back
Top Bottom