[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

ha!

looks like Pitchfork perfers Malice over Pusha-T
laugh.gif

props to Clipse being featured on ABC news. I wonder what the viewers were thinking when they saw the feature on The Clipse
laugh.gif

Virgin/EMI's Thirty Seconds to Mars declare This Is War with a projected total between 65-75k, followed by Mailboat's Jimmy Buffett (60-70k), Priority/EMI's Snoop Dogg (55-65k), E1 Entertainment's BG (40-50k), Blackground/Interscope's Timbaland (35-40k) and Columbia Virginia Beach hip-hop duo Clipse (30-35k).

Funny numbers.

I don't care though. I did my part.

::

As for the production:

-I love "Life Change" for the verses and hook but that beat is wack
Sounds like an amateur imitation of a cheesy pop J.R. Rotem beat

-Same goes for the beat of "Champion"
which is also obsolete due to its similarity to "I'm Good" which is a much better beat

-I don't dislike "All Eyes On Me" because its obvious attempt at being a mainstream uptempo hit,
I dislike it because the beat is atrocious... sounds like something Pharrell would give to Ludacris

So a lil less Neptunes/Pharrell-solo production would've helped out on this album

I'm so convinced their material with Swizz Beatz is no worse than the wackest song on here,
regardless of which track that may be according to yall

::

My partner @LowKeyUHTN interviewed the Thorton's earlier today:
Low: Do you guys really feel like you're the best hip-hop duo, ever?

Pusha: Yeah, I feel like we're the best duo ever! Ever. And just for clarification, I don't think there's ever been a duo that's been so evenly matched, ever. You can say Malice is introspective, then you can I'm the enforcer. You can say I'm the more reckless one, then you can say Malice is the more thoughtful one. But you won't dare fast forward one of our verses- you'll definitely want to hear what's going to be said. That's the difference of the duos. It's so funny you're asking me this right now because we had a situation the other night where we felt someone was being really really shady and we thought it was over that comment which we've made before. We're just looking at it like, "Dog, people fast forward you."

Low: So this is another artist you had a situation with?

Pusha: Yeah. We're like, "People fast forward you, so you should understand what we're saying anyway." When I say we're the best duo, I'm saying no one is evenly matched or evenly great with such different personalities. That's just how I feel about it.

Low: So you're not worried about the response from the competition?

Pusha: No. No, no, no no! You have to understand that December 8 marks the release of "Till The Casket Drops", but it also marks us being back on our competitive streak. Bully gang. After this album, it's back to the fun- you're going to hear a lot more. People are going to hear a lot more. A lot more is going to be said and people can take it how they want to take it.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The reviews on this thing are funny. It seems as if people wanted HHNF 2. They wanted them to be angry and 100% coke-fueled rap. They ease up just a LITTLE bit on the coke talk and now everyone's all up in arms. I'm convinced ya'll like _'s to sound depressed all the time...which is why ya'll like Joe Buddens so much. Good rap doesn't always have to be slit-wrist driven...
Of course their fans are going to be upset; that's what they have grown to like about the Clipse. Very few are better than them when it comesto talking about the drug-dealing lifestyle.

It's not about wanting them to sound depressed, but about them doing what they're best at doing.

And I'm positive most rap fans are aware that good Hip-Hop doesn't have to be "slit-wrist driven."

When artists change their subject matter up, experiment, etc., fans are bound to be displeased. Look at the way some Jay-Z fans reacted to Kingdom Come.

I really don't understand these projected numbers. I mean, how do you predict the outcome of an entire week after 1 day? That number did pop up in here onr.d.

^ The REALEST @#*# my favorite rapper has EVER spit.

2ni9ojo.jpg

2lsb5up.jpg

"Freedom", the intro is arguably the best track on the album. Sean C & LV KILLED it.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

I went to target last night and they were out...so Ill see whats up today somewhere else...dope album though.

Back
Top Bottom