OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

omar-mouzone.gif

This show's realism is one of its hallmarks. From the acting, to cinematography, lack of a soundtrack/score, it all helps create the world. But they can still manage to get cinematic shots and scenes without them being forced, contrived, or outside the realism of the world. This shot of Omar and Mouzone is one of them. Both in their "uniforms", calmly ready to take action, and it's the culmination of a multi season storyline involving the death of one of the biggest players in the show. It's just a brief shot, not overhyped, not extended or drawn out, doesn't have the "perfect" song to accompany it, it's just them emerging from the alley to get Stringer.

In another show, this would be a totally different scene. Take in BB, without spoiling it, the "big" death of one of the characters was done in almost the opposite manner. That scene took far more set up, was scored appropriately, and the tension and drama built throughout the entire thing. It was much cleaner, neater, prettier, and all packaged nicely. I LOVED that scene. I also love Breaking Bad.. but they're two totally different shows. Completely different points of view, completely different thematic goals and elements, and couldn't be shot or filmed more oppositely.

omar-mouzone.gif

This show's realism is one of its hallmarks. From the acting, to cinematography, lack of a soundtrack/score, it all helps create the world. But they can still manage to get cinematic shots and scenes without them being forced, contrived, or outside the realism of the world. This shot of Omar and Mouzone is one of them. Both in their "uniforms", calmly ready to take action, and it's the culmination of a multi season storyline involving the death of one of the biggest players in the show. It's just a brief shot, not overhyped, not extended or drawn out, doesn't have the "perfect" song to accompany it, it's just them emerging from the alley to get Stringer.

In another show, this would be a totally different scene. Take in BB, without spoiling it, the "big" death of one of the characters was done in almost the opposite manner. That scene took far more set up, was scored appropriately, and the tension and drama built throughout the entire thing. It was much cleaner, neater, prettier, and all packaged nicely. I LOVED that scene. I also love Breaking Bad.. but they're two totally different shows. Completely different points of view, completely different thematic goals and elements, and couldn't be shot or filmed more oppositely.

Agree 100%. This scene between Omar and Brother Mouzone also ties into what you said. The dialogue between them, the cinematography, and acting in this scene is fantastic.

This is one of the only scenes I can remembered being scored (aside from the montages). Pretty well done, with the sirens and dogs barking in the background. The first season captures the first couple years of the 2000's perfectly.

This is one of the only scenes I can remembered being scored (aside from the montages). Pretty well done, with the sirens and dogs barking in the background. The first season captures the first couple years of the 2000's perfectly.

I feel like the music is getting ready to come up soon :lol: every time they're in the car with the radio on, **** is like a time capsule of the early 2000s

Y’all ***** gon **** around and make me watch this again :smh: :lol:

They got me on season ep 3.

Carver might be the most underrated character of all time.

The first time him, Herc and Kima were on the roof snapping pictures of the hats, Carver was tryna talk to Kima while she was taking pictures but she ignores him.

She gets a call hands the camera to Carver, Herc tries talking to him, Carver ignores him.

I always appreciated to parallels between Herc and Carver but it's little **** like that, that makes rewatches so critical.

Can't see that happening anytime soon, if ever.

HBO will need a show strong enough to follow the success of Game of Thrones though.

All 5 seasons are on there.

Cool that's where I originally watched it when they put their shows on there. That, Curb, and Oz.

Idk where I heard they pulled all their shows. I haven't checked for em since I got HBO Now for GOT

Watch the show with captions on. The background dialogue makes the show. :lol: :pimp:

*attica, attica*
*red tops, 2 for 5...*
*beat that lil ***** ****

:lol:

I'll just say HBO Now is a strong enough streaming service to justify the $15 a month price tag. Hopefully no impending price hikes though.

Last edited:
I'll just say HBO Now is a strong enough streaming service to justify the $15 a month price tag. Hopefully not impending price hikes though.

Definitely is. Got it for GOT, ended up finally watching Insecure and watched the new season of Curb when it came on, and they still get pretty good movies

I love this show for a lot of reasons, but the one of them is the relationships they can build between characters over the years. Bunk and Omar first recognize that they went to the same school when Omar was giving up Bird, then this one

Then this one when it comes to Omar getting wrongfully accused

And Bunk just picked Omar up from jail.

The Bunk :pimp:

Just finished watching the Corner a few hours ago, guess it's like a prequel or the pre-spinoff of the Wire.

Good show, but the ending was kinda depressing. Damn near every character either got shot or overdosed.

Was shocked to see Mouzone's right hand man in the show and it was based around his life. Went to Google his name and he died in 2012. :smh:

Ok so on youtube they have videos with every scene of certain characters. I downloaded every scene with String, Mike, Marlo and Snoop. Its not the show but sometimes i just wanna see a specific character.

Gotta do a rewatch too.

Prop Joe got played so badly by Marlo...

He thought he was untouchable with his connect from the Greeks being what gave him his power. Even on the 3rd or 4th rewatch I'm wanting to scream at my TV when he's showing him how to launder money, setting him up with the lawyer, etc. Prop Joe :smh:

The many things this show did so well was weave in the courtroom/law drama and negotiations.

Back
Top Bottom