OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

One of The Wire's best moments was Kenard getting Omar. It was such a perfect way for one of the best characters in the show to go.. not in a shootout, not in a showdown with any enemies, but by little *** Kenard in a corner store. The show plays with expectations and gives you what you need but not always what you want. And the final shot of Omar being him in the morgue with the wrong tag on him.. this big, bad legend in the streets whose name rang out on every corner.. getting confused for a fat, old white guy in the end. Outstanding.

The finale was really done well.. especially considering how hard it is to wrap up a series like The Wire.

The montage at the end with McNulty, his wake, Marlo standing on the corner one last time, Wee-bay and Chris in prison together, Bubbles getting to come upstairs, all the backdoor deals and agreements, etc.

The serial killer angle is still the worst part of the entire series. It is just a weak storyline and pushes the realism of the show. I love McNulty but it was off the deep end even for him. Having said all that, I really enjoyed this rewatch.. yet again.

One of The Wire's best moments was Kenard getting Omar. It was such a perfect way for one of the best characters in the show to go.. not in a shootout, not in a showdown with any enemies, but by little *** Kenard in a corner store. The show plays with expectations and gives you what you need but not always what you want. And the final shot of Omar being him in the morgue with the wrong tag on him.. this big, bad legend in the streets whose name rang out on every corner.. getting confused for a fat, old white guy in the end. Outstanding.

**** that ***** *** lil ***** Kenard

Crying for Namond like a lil *****

2672492_o.gif

I'm rewatching this for the first time in many years, and man, I didn't appreciate how great season 2 was. The whole story of frank sobatka was really well done, gripping and tragic.

How I rank it now (personal opinion only): Season 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5

:pimp::pimp::pimp:

I also liked how they set up the downfalls of stringer and barksdale in season 3, extremely well done.

In future years, the dark forces of neoliberalism will cause further damage, dehumanization and dislocation. The Wire, the greatest piece of art produced in this still young century, will stand as damning evidence that some of us knew that things were fundamentally broken and that the root causes were crystal clear, so long as one looked at all of it with soft eyes.

Apparently all the actors used to go out and about in Baltimore tearing it up on the regular. Big drinking/partying cast.

Fredro said he thinks he got written off the show because he kept getting kicked out the hotels around Bmore for blazing up the room :lol:

Then you had dudes like Lester Freamon who bought a 5 bedroom house and had dudes like Rawls staying there and they would have paint nights, grow grapes and make wine, play music, read.

Wood Harris and Idris would write tracks and spit.

I highly recommend the book.

Gotta think they might have had a bigger role for Fredo ..we never ever saw him catch a body

That scene with Kima is legendary :lol:

Apparently all the actors used to go out and about in Baltimore tearing it up on the regular. Big drinking/partying cast.

Fredro said he thinks he got written off the show because he kept getting kicked out the hotels around Bmore for blazing up the room :lol:

Then you had dudes like Lester Freamon who bought a 5 bedroom house and had dudes like Rawls staying there and they would have paint nights, grow grapes and make wine, play music, read.

Wood Harris and Idris would write tracks and spit.

I highly recommend the book.

Snoop was turning straight chicks out up here :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom