OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

All characters storylines are good but he was my least favorite. On the 3rd rewatch I was annoyed by his character😂

Worse than Ziggy? :nerd:

I think it's always important to make the distinction between hating the character and hating the actor/performance, because one is a little more subjective than the other. In my opinion.

Because Dominic West was perfect as McNulty. Especially when you consider they almost cast John C. Reilly :lol:

On the flip side, I always thought they could have found a better Carcetti. Aidan Gillen wasn't bad I just thought he was lacking. Can't really put my finger on it.

Last season was pure trash. **** them journalists.
Would have been cool, if it was fleshed out longer but I understand what happened there

Now that other narrative of the szn was ridiculous
mjlol.png

Liked McNulty alot first watch and lowkey despised him on the next rewatches...his ego and tendency to throw anyone under the bus was
francis.png

All in all still rocked with him

yea.. ain’t hard to see how dude ended up their given how obvious the flaws are with the system

you’re glad he cares and he shouldnt have to throw some of the folks under the bus.. but dude just needs to try to work within the system a bit or just talk to people, get some sorta finesse game

it’s like the shh with his wife and kids.. using ole girl for that court appearance, showing up with bubs to the soccer game AND having his kids play that game with string.. hell letting bunk sleep in their bed before them with the cigar after he burnt up his clothes at that chicks place (literally just watched season one this weekend and last night)

Also it’s super duper funny/sad watching the wire vs like any law and order

but especially like SVU

It’ll forever be funny when Marlo told Fruit “take the youngins with you” and them dudes both looked old enough to be their dads.

"A ***** only knows what he knows" - Stringer Bell

That quote has gave me energy to be patient with a lot of people.

Wait.. just heard jemele hill drop some trivia that had me stunned

in the pod for the 2nd episode, she drops that prez was the only cop who fired his weapon in the whole show

had me legit like

1596580289422.gif

Last edited:
Wait.. just heard jemele hill drop some trivia that had me stunned

in the pod for the 2nd episode, she drops that prez was the only cop who fired his weapon in the whole show

had me legit like

1596580289422.gif

Yeah 3 times I think. Once at the wall, then at the towers he just shoots blindly towards people throwing stuff at him Herc and Carver, then he kills the undercover in season 3.

They did that intentionally. When the producers had the actors shadow real cops and and do background they discovered that the majority of cops don't fire their weapon in the course of their entire career.

Just finished my rewatch of season 2.. I used to think Ziggy was the worst character

now I definitely think it’s cheese.. or valchek

Last edited:
Saw Bomani retweet it.

It hit different.

It took for my 3rd rewatch of the show to realize that the cop at the very end of that clip that opened the door is the actual Jay Landsman. I had no idea they put him in the show and named a character after him. Dope.

Back
Top Bottom