******OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON PICS/INFO THREAD****** Teaser Trailer Pg 14

Caerus it's a little tough to rate it from 1-10,but to be honest man... I didn't really like what I read.I mean it's not that it sounds corny or anything like that,but it's just not what I expected it to be in terms of the plot (if that makes sense).

Originally Posted by SpaceJam23s

Who doesnt like these movies? Who doesnt like Transformers???? I been to the midnight showing of the past movies. Love TFs

i dont like these movies. have seen part 1 and 2. horrible. first one was so so. but the second one was absolutely horrible. the thrid one looks even worse but atleast it doesnt have the two stereotype transformers that were in part 2

if i wanna get my transformers fix i tune in at 9pm every night on The Hub to watch the og cartoon...

oh wow i just read the spoilers
laugh.gif
one word. stupid.

whoever said this was gonna be better than xmen or super 8
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Rick2345

yes to both
grin.gif
eek.gif
 We need to get a good TF toy thread in here 
pimp.gif
word, I don't buy anywhere near the amount I used to, but I really wanna get all 3 Wreckers from the new movie.  Here's a quick group shot I took on my MP's the other day
374259cd20248f2d7575b2fc839a43fe75c331c.jpg
ARE THOSE THE OG LIKE THIS....OR ARE THESE NEW ONES COMING OUT?

Originally Posted by bigsupa

eek.gif
 We need to get a good TF toy thread in here 
pimp.gif
word, I don't buy anywhere near the amount I used to, but I really wanna get all 3 Wreckers from the new movie.  Here's a quick group shot I took on my MP's the other day

They're Masterpiece figures, which means they're a little bigger, have more complex transformations, crazy amounts of articulation and are detailed as hell.  I usually buy the Japanese versions because, quality-wise, they're pretty superior to the versions Hasbro releases in America, although you do pay for it literally since they're a bit more expensive.  Here's some comparisons of Masterpiece Optimus so you can see how it compares with the OG figs
Spoiler [+]
mp4convoy231.jpg

r_mp4convoy127.jpg

Originally Posted by bigsupa

They're Masterpiece figures, which means they're a little bigger, have more complex transformations, crazy amounts of articulation and are detailed as hell.  I usually buy the Japanese versions because, quality-wise, they're pretty superior to the versions Hasbro releases in America, although you do pay for it literally since they're a bit more expensive.  Here's some comparisons of Masterpiece Optimus so you can see how it compares with the OG figs
Spoiler [+]
mp4convoy231.jpg

r_mp4convoy127.jpg
NO ROMO BUT I JUST...
Spoiler [+]
8waznp.gif

MUST COP NOW..

That's the Japanese Takara version.  Pretty excited about the American Toys R Us version coming out later this year though because I really want one in vehicle mode to display as well.  How do you like your two Wreckers figures so far?  And yeah, I'm hoping for a leader Shockwave as well

I hope the Toy R Us Version isn't to pricey but i like them a lot, so far Human Alliance Roadbuster is my favorite of the wrecker figures but leftfoot might change that i love red schemed transformers. I'm really looking forward to the Transformers Prime figures the botcon (i should have gone!
30t6p3b.gif
) images got me real hyped Starscream looks so  
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Do you watch any TF reviewers btw?
I try not to because I know watching their reviews is pretty much watching a commercial and I know I'll end up wanting to buy that figure after I'm done watching, so I try not to watch too much
laugh.gif
  Although, I've actually sold a couple of figures to Peaugh that he reviewed awhile back so I support him.  I used to watch Optibotimus since he used to review parts from CrazyDevy, but they had a sour deal and he doesn't do reviews for them anymore, so I haven't really seen him review anything that interested me recently other than leader Ironhide.  And I know emgo316 and SeanLong do pretty good reviews too, but I don't really watch them neither.  you?

I watch Optibotimus, Sean long and peaugh. I help optibotimus get stuff sometimes real cool dude. But i agree dudes make me want figures even more after watching there reviews haha, Hows your rodimus holding up btw? i know some had some issues with joints and thin clips or something or things like that.

Originally Posted by FOG

Copped
pimp.gif

This is the best Iron Hide from the "MovieVerse" we've gotten to date! I mean he does have a lot of robot junk under the car but it doesn't take away from how great the figure is 
pimp.gif

Anyone else in here a Transformers Toy collector? or a member of TFW?

yes to both
grin.gif
Here are more pics
pimp.gif

I need that leader Ironhide asap.  I can't believe it took me 4 years and seeing 2 movies before I learned to appreciate his design.  It just sucks having to wait for the japanese version while seeing this one in stores here
mad.gif

Just picked up Ironhide from TRU a few hours ago
pimp.gif

Think i saw an NTer with some entourages on
nerd.gif

Transformers/BAPE Collabo
item_1.jpg

To celebrate the upcoming live action movie - Transformers Dark Side Moon in Japan, A Bathing Ape (Or BAPE) has collaborate with Takara Tomy to release a special edition of G1 Convoy.
This figure is primarily in green colour and scheduled to be released on 23rd July 2011.

They got some cool T's too, if you wear that stuff
item_2.jpg

item_3.jpg

item_4.jpg

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

laugh.gif
 @ being worried about "spoilers" for a Michael Bay film.

QFT! Haven't ya'll seen bad boys 2? Michael Bay don't care about a plot.
laugh.gif
.Plots are for directors trying to accomplish something. Michael Bay just wanna blow +%*+ up.
roll.gif

I collect and am a huge G1/Tformers head. Still need to nab Kup and Scourge from the generations lines. Looking forward to Hot Rod MP as well even though the Takara one is a hell of alot better.

Botcon is pretty cool but is visual overload lol. I went last year in Orlando and it was totally worth it. My mom surprised me by buying the special package where I got to meet Peter Cullen and get him to sign my MP Prime and Spotlight Prime alt cover comic. I also told him he was the only reason I saw the Bayformers movies and he said he really appreciated that lol. Also picked up the muggs I was missing and some con exclusives which now are going for 3 times the price then I payed. The exclusives alone are worth it to go but then you get to meet people like Cullen, Stan Bush, the guys from Highmoon who did War for Cybertron, Hasbro reps with toys that aren't even out yet. It's a Tformer fans dream. I will definately remember it.

As for this movie, can't say I am super excited for it but at least Bay said it is his last so either someone picks up the mantle and hopefully does it right, or we get a reboot that has nothing to do with the Bayformers. That said, I will be going to see it cuz I have seen the last 2 in theaters and I might as well finish out the trio, kind of like when the last 3 Star wars films that didn't happen came out lol.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I collect and am a huge G1/Tformers head. Still need to nab Kup and Scourge from the generations lines. Looking forward to Hot Rod MP as well even though the Takara one is a hell of alot better.

Botcon is pretty cool but is visual overload lol. I went last year in Orlando and it was totally worth it. My mom surprised me by buying the special package where I got to meet Peter Cullen and get him to sign my MP Prime and Spotlight Prime alt cover comic. I also told him he was the only reason I saw the Bayformers movies and he said he really appreciated that lol. Also picked up the muggs I was missing and some con exclusives which now are going for 3 times the price then I payed. The exclusives alone are worth it to go but then you get to meet people like Cullen, Stan Bush, the guys from Highmoon who did War for Cybertron, Hasbro reps with toys that aren't even out yet. It's a Tformer fans dream. I will definately remember it.

As for this movie, can't say I am super excited for it but at least Bay said it is his last so either someone picks up the mantle and hopefully does it right, or we get a reboot that has nothing to do with the Bayformers. That said, I will be going to see it cuz I have seen the last 2 in theaters and I might as well finish out the trio, kind of like when the last 3 Star wars films that didn't happen came out lol.
I wish i could have gone to botcon this year, i hope  i can make it next year. Meeting Peter Cullen is a dream of mine! I've been trying to find a Kup and WheelJack in stores for days its impossible to find for me
mad.gif
 and that Hot Rod MP looks so 
pimp.gif

You picking up any of the Transformers prime figures in july?

I also forgot about wheeljack LOL. I am on the hunt for them as I speak. It pains me when I think of all the figs I lost when my storage unit got broken into. I had every alternator, abunch of G1, random classics. ugh

I will probably pick up random prime figs, like OP and maybe Bee but it just depends on what the line looks like. I am looking forward to the KREO lego ones though that are starting to trickle out. they have like a 1500 piece OP that looks cool to build. I have some animated but it is sparse, just dino's, primes, and hot rod. Little too stylized for my taste.

Meeting Cullen was easily a dream come true. He was extremely gracious given all the people their snapping pictures and wanting time which he had limited amounts of. I got a couple photos of him signing my Prime MP and comic book and got to shake his hand and tell him how much he made my childhood and now adulthood great. Never met a nicer entertainer, crazy humble and willing to give his fans the time that he could.

Reading some of this comments is funny. You are judging the movie before you have seen it. Another thing, bringing a classic alive isnt that easy. Bay has to target a huge audience not just the OG heads like most of us are. Which is why I think most OG heads dont like it. He has to you extravagant explosions and empty comedy(in a lot of the OG heads opinion) to make the movie more attractive to a wider audience. Thats not easy to do, the first movie was good in my opinion, the second one I loved the battle scenes but could have gone without some of the comedy and love story. The third one looks pretty serious from the trailers. So we will see. But cut Bay a little slack. 

I'll cut Bay slack when he makes a film that isn't based around explosions and all star casts in ******ed *%$ plots. Which my count has him at 0- eleventybrillion. no thanks. I will see it, but I am sure my childhood will want to slit it's wrists and finish the job 1 and 2 started.

Should have been him all along. Dunno why he just produced. #*%% would have been solid seeing as he is a huge TF head.

i want that starscream voyager at Target. And also, didn't know they re-released season 1 of Beast Wars? I saw it and was like :O

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Should have been him all along. Dunno why he just produced. #*%% would have been solid seeing as he is a huge TF head.

agreed. bay is a horrible director. hes really good with the special effects though.

anybody seen the new tv spot?? optimus has brass knucks
pimp.gif

The special effects aren't him either, he just chooses when and what to blow up, ILM did some amazing work on the bots I can admit that, but they just aren't solid enough looking. The G1 guys looked like cars that turned into robots. The movies are the other way around.The parts of the car were distinct on the robot modes. In this you barely tell save for maybe Bee cuz of product placement and the doors hanging off lol.

Back
Top Bottom