******OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON PICS/INFO THREAD****** Teaser Trailer Pg 14

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I will be at the 8:45 show tonight. Some spots here in the DMV are doing shows before midnight.

Please confirm the ending as some people here stated that a certain somebody will appear at the end....you can PM me or do a Spoiler+

I got you. I will PM you, unless everyone wants to know who it is.
WORD spoil away

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

I still don't understand why everyone complains. It's a Michael bay movie. All u should expect is ***@ blowing up.

To the OG fans I feel your pain. But here's an idea... Don't support the movie. People come complain all day but will be there to watch it at midnight *Kanye shrug*

All i see is people complaining and complaining about Bay. Do you realize that the OG fan base represents a small small market. Hence why Bay knew he needed to target a large audience. From the Adults whose kid watched the original cartoon, to the little kid that didn't even know transformers was comic book and a cartoon. He had a huge task. And as we can see from the amount of money the movies/merchandise (even chevy made a lot money) it was successful. I am OG fan, but I appreciate the fact that Bay took a chance to bring Transformers to life. Was it perfect no, over the top with explosions yes, but we need to appreciate someone actually brought it to life. So i give Bay credit, and I may not agree with everything in the movie, I appreciate his effort and work. 

I'm def going...if you couldn't tell from my username i'm a diehard TF fan.

I'm expecting this to be explosion city...thats why i'm going
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

I still don't understand why everyone complains. It's a Michael bay movie. All u should expect is ***@ blowing up.

To the OG fans I feel your pain. But here's an idea... Don't support the movie. People come complain all day but will be there to watch it at midnight *Kanye shrug*

All i see is people complaining and complaining about Bay. Do you realize that the OG fan base represents a small small market. Hence why Bay knew he needed to target a large audience. From the Adults whose kid watched the original cartoon, to the little kid that didn't even know transformers was comic book and a cartoon. He had a huge task. And as we can see from the amount of money the movies/merchandise (even chevy made a lot money) it was successful. I am OG fan, but I appreciate the fact that Bay took a chance to bring Transformers to life. Was it perfect no, over the top with explosions yes, but we need to appreciate someone actually brought it to life. So i give Bay credit, and I may not agree with everything in the movie, I appreciate his effort and work. 

See you understand the situation. Yes its not going to be exactly like it should be. But I still enjoyed the first 2 movies. I'm not an OG fan so not going to act like I know what Yall feel. I'm just saying coming in the thread to complain over and over is useless.Voice your opinion and move on. The script didn't change the 1st ten time you knocked the movie. Is an 11th complaint really necessary???

4% drop in one day on RT. Its going to make money but is definitely shaping up to be nominated for a Razzie.

Yes, the complaining is old but there's nothing wrong with it. At least they OG fans are passionate about something. You can't say that for many people.

The first two movies weren't any good and had no substance but it was good time killer.

Originally Posted by Furrell

4% drop in one day on RT. Its going to make money but is definitely shaping up to be nominated for a Razzie.

Yes, the complaining is old but there's nothing wrong with it. At least they OG fans are passionate about something. You can't say that for many people.

The first two movies weren't any good and had no substance but it was good time killer.
What???? Are you serious about the first tow movies werent good?
The fact that the man brought the transformer to real life is pretty good to me! He used some of the original components of the series! The cars were sick used in the movie(the first movie I fell in love with the Camaro hence why i bought it)! 

And wait the first one made 709.7 Million dollars, while the second made 836 Million dollars. I would probably think that a film that makes that much money is a little more than a good time killers. Just my opinion though. I am tired of the hate on the franchise. 

Its my opinion. Take it or leave it. They weren't good to me and I still can't believe I wasted money to see T2 which was completely stupid from the stereotypical robots to Sam's parents.

Who cares if they made money? Most summer films make money because its a season where people have a ton of free time on their hands. Does that make them any good?

Like you're tired of the hate on the franchise, I'm tired of this discussion. Its over.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Its my opinion. Take it or leave it. They weren't good to me and I still can't believe I wasted money to see T2 which was completely stupid from the stereotypical robots to Sam's parents.

Who cares if they made money? Most summer films make money because its a season where people have a ton of free time on their hands. Does that make them any good?

Like you're tired of the hate on the franchise, I'm tired of this discussion. Its over.

So if you didn't like the 1st movie... What made you want to see the 2nd? I'm just curious

roll.gif
roll.gif

screw the critics

I want to see lots of cgi robots kill each other while people yell and scream while dodgin explosions

People sound like morons complainin about action movies havin too much action

Like complainin about a comedy being bad cuz its just too damn hilarious

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

roll.gif
roll.gif

screw the critics

I want to see lots of cgi robots kill each other while people yell and scream while dodgin explosions

People sound like morons complainin about action movies havin too much action

Like complainin about a comedy being bad cuz its just too damn hilarious

laugh.gif
this is the type of movie you ask your homeboy about not a movie critic.
I'm trying to decide if it'll be worth going to the midnight showing or just wait since I get up early for work

I don't care about the reviews, just want to see a lot of %+#+ blown up. Will be catching it tomorrow.

Alien Transforming Robots fighting each other on earth, do I really care if it has substance?? Hmmm. NO.

I've loved transformers my whole life, and when I watch these movies, I'm not looking for technical aspects of the movie.

Transformers 2 was all over the place, it dragged on for a bit, I would agree on that, but I'm hoping the latest will at least be decent.

[h1]Shia LaBeouf: Megan Fox and I Shared Mutual Attraction[/h1]
By Alison Schwartz

Tuesday June 28, 2011 03:20 PM EDT

shia_fox.jpg

Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf

Steve Granitz/WireImage
Transformers: Dark of the Moon's Shia LaBeouf says the on-screen chemistry between him and his former costar, Megan Fox, was no act.

LeBeouf hints that his relationship with Fox, who was replaced for the third installment of the Transformers saga by British actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, went from professional to physical while filming the action franchise.

"Look, you're on the set for six months, with someone who's rooting to be attracted to you, and you're rooting to be attracted to them," he tells Details magazine. "I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing."

RELATED: Steven Spielberg Had Megan Fox Fired from Transformers, Says Michael Bay

He adds: "I think you can see the chemistry onscreen."

So was Fox, who married Brian Austin Green last summer after an on-and-off relationship since 2004, a single woman at the time? "I don't know," LaBeouf, 25, says. "It was what it was."

A rep for Fox had no comment about the story.

Fox wasn't the only costar that LaBeouf spoke about to Details. His Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen costar Isabel Lucas, who was in his truck when it flipped in 2008, was also mentioned.

The costars had been "philandering around" the night of the accident, although she was dating Entourage's Adrien Grenier at the time, he says, but "it was sort of disastrous."

"Neither one of us, I think, were in love," he said. "Just sort of experimenting or whatever."

this dude %%%%@$ both of them
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

anybody bought or is planning on buying the game??

i got the revenge of the fallen game, online is fun

i need to pick up war for cybertron

Roger Ebert's review:
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

BY ROGER EBERT / June 28, 2011 [table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Cast & Credits
Sam WitwickyShia LaBeouf
Lennox Team 'Baby Face' Markiss McFadden
Carly Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Epps Team 'Marc L' Kenneth Sheard
LennoxJosh Duhamel
Simmons John Turturro
Epps Tyrese Gibson
Dylan Patrick Dempsey
MearingFrances McDormand
Bruce BrazosJohn Malkovich
Ron WitwickyKevin Dunn
Judy Witwicky Julie White
DutchAlan Tudyk
Jerry WangKen Jeong
General Morshower Glenn Morshower

Paramount presents a film directed by Michael Bay. Screenplay by Ehren Kruger. Running time: 154 minutes. MPAA rating: PG-13 (for intense prolonged sequences of sci-fi action violence, mayhem and destruction, and for language, some sexuality and innuendo).
Printer-friendly »
E-mail this to a friend »

[/td][/tr][/table]
Michael Bay's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" is a visually ugly film with an incoherent plot, wooden characters and inane dialog. It provided me with one of the more unpleasant experiences I've had at the movies.

The series exists to show gigantic and hideous robots hammering one another. So it does. The last hour involves a battle for the universe which for some reason is held at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive in Chicago. This battle is protracted mercilessly beyond all reason, at an ear-shattering sound level, with incomprehensible Autobots and Decepticons sliced up into spurts of action with no sense of the space they occupy.

There is more of a plot this time. It is a plot that cannot be described in terms of structure, more in terms of duration. When it stops, it's over. We learn that mankind's first mission to the moon was intended to investigate an alien space craft that crashed on the dark side. This ship, "the Arc," carried the robots to this solar system from their own, so that the good bots could continue their struggle for "freedom" against the bad bots. It is a bad omen when Lincoln's statue on the National Mall is decapitated.

Humans get involved. These include Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf), who earlier saved the world but now has a job in a mail room, and Carly (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), who is his sexy girlfriend because the movie requires a sexy girlfriend. There are also such characters as Mearing (Frances McDormand), a government official; Bruce Brazos (John Malkovich), Sam's anal-retentive boss; Carly's former boyfriend Dylan (Patrick Dempsey), whose classic car collection upstages every robot in the movie; the FBI manipulator Simmons (John Turturro) ; the peculiar Jerry Wang (Ken Jeong), and the expert warriors Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and Epps (Tyrese Gibson). If you pause to consider for a second, not one of these characters is actually required in the conflict, which is, after all, pretty much between the bots.

Oh, but the humans are needed for us. They are required because bots have no personalities and little intrinsic interest apart from the banging noises they make. They speak in dubbed English that sounds oddly separate from the other voices in the film. And they are so many times larger than the humans that I was reminded of the scale used in "The Incredible Shrinking Man." We also need people because I, for one, will never care for Optimus Prime any more than for an engine block.

There is no style or wit in the dialogue, except when Malkovich adds his own spin. This is one of those annoying pictures where disembodied voices are heard during chaotic action: Class dismissed! Decepticon punk! We've got a Mexican Standoff here! What do you think you're doing! Return what belongs to me!

Shia LaBeouf is scarcely heroic, and his girlfriend has no particular function except to be in constant peril and (in two hilarious shots) stare thoughtfully into space as if realizing something. The only considerable dramatic scene LaBeouf has is when his mother (Julie White) brings the manic plot to a standstill long enough to urge a self-help book upon her son.

I hesitate to mention another problem with the film, because in all fairness it may not be Bay's fault. The framing looks wrong. When you look at enough movies, you develop a sixth sense for what feels correct within the frame. This film seemed too close to its compositions. There was a paucity of head room, feet were nearly cut off, the sides seemed to squeeze. This wasn't dramatic, but I could feel it.

Of course, I could be mistaken. If I'm correct, here's what may have happened. In the multiplex theater originally set for the screening, it was explained, technicians spent three hours programming the 3D projector--and then their programming didn't "take." The multiplex resourcefully moved the film to another screen already configured for 3D. I suspect, however, that the aspect ratio in that room was not quite correct.

Nothing, however, would have repaired the film's lack of narrative coherence. I have a quaint notion that one of the purposes of editing is to make it clear why one shot follows another, or why several shots occur in the order that they do. "Transformers 3" has long stretches involving careless and illogical assemblies of inelegant shots. One special effect happens, and the another special effect happens, and we are expected to be grateful that we have seen two special effects.

Note: Bay is said to have tried to improve the characteristic light level of 3D. In my screening, it was as dim as usual.

laugh.gif
at what he said about Sam's girlfriend which was spot on with what a poster said a few pages back.

just got my tickets to watch it at streets of woodfield at 9! can't wait to see my city get destroyed! (CHICAGO)

Back
Top Bottom