Official Trinidad James Thread

ditto on Plies :lol:

And maybe I'm out of the club loop and don't go enough, cause the only time I've heard All Gold Everything was when I first came into this thread. Apparently there's a remix of it with a bunch of Houston rappers on it. Id listen to it if I thought anything of the beat.

The vast majority of rappers live a character, and will willingly admit it. So what's the point?
Fair enough, but most of these rappers don't show up as a completely different person in interviews. There's definitely a disconnect here.

All I've heard is All Gold Everything, but based of that, it seems like two completely different people. I don't usually get that feeling from most rappers. If they're faking, they do a good job of keeping up that facade at all times. Not so much with this guy. That's all I was getting at.

laugh.gif

This guy & def jam made fools of all of you...he did this bs to get ppl to listen because in REALITY no one listens to quality music anymore...gotta be buffoonin to get that worldstar love

at the end of the day this dude just goes home takes out his golds, takes off the afro wig and just laughs at how people will eat anything up no matter how stupid it is..

You know a $2 million deal doesn't = $2 million in his pocket?
of course. but all things considered its VALUED at $2 million and he got a good chunk of that up front for signing.

if $2 million for ****ing means nothing to you while artists in that stable like KRIT haven't gotten half the love he has then it is what it is.

yea i don't wanna hate on Trinidad anymore but if I were KRIT i would be tryna figure out what my next move is.

but at the end of the day i bet Krit's career >>>> Trinidad James career.

but at the end of the day KRIT doesn't seem to have the kind of negotiating power or acumen that Trinidad has.

If i were KRIT, grinding doing shows the way he does, working hard to get where he's at, and I see Trinidad basically buy his way in without that same amount of effort AND get way better treatment by the people who won't promote my album or put my songs on the radio, I'd be tryna figure out what Trinidad's doing that I can do too, and what Def Jam's NOT doing that I can get another record label to do.

but at the end of the day KRIT doesn't seem to have the kind of negotiating power or acumen that Trinidad has.
If i were KRIT, grinding doing shows the way he does, working hard to get where he's at, and I see Trinidad basically buy his way in without that same amount of effort AND get way better treatment by the people who won't promote my album or put my songs on the radio, I'd be tryna figure out what Trinidad's doing that I can do too, and what Def Jam's NOT doing that I can get another record label to do.
It doesn't seem like it because the speed that Trinidad is doing things. KRIT will be straight, he's a great artist and he gone eat. He's just going to have to fight harder but his reward will be huge. 

Another thing that helped Trinidad and hurt Krit is he's based out of Atlanta. This is Black Hollywood and the labels know it. They will sign an artist and milk him while they can and then dump him for the next hot thing. Krit's from Mississippi and you have to really put yourself out there. They would be fools to not know his ceiling is higher with proper development, but they are going to ******** him until he's where they want him to be. Look at Wiz's route, I think Krit's will be similar to that. 

I think the biggest thing hurting Krit is that he doesn't seem to be very marketable outside of album sales. That in my opinion is what labels are focusing on rather than actual talent. They have to develop him a persona sorta like the did with Wiz that will be marketable. I'm sure Wiz smoked back in the day but I don't think he was the chimney he portrays now. That's something I believe the label saw that made him more marketable and today in 2012 you have what appears to be a modern day hippie and millions of people wanting to be just like him.

Trinidad came into the game with that marketability, that's why I believe he got on so fast. That's what makes the $$$ and thats what the labels are trying to push. They don't care as much about talent or developing it unless you will be marketable for more than a couple weeks or months because it's been proven you don't need talent to push albums or sell out shows.

LOL @ Trinidad being marketable.
Only reason why he got that major push
is because he sets black people back a
thousand years.

Wait why would Krit be jealous of Trinidad? At least Krit actually got to put an album out

Wait why would Krit be jealous of Trinidad? At least Krit actually got to put an album out

It's not about being jealous.

It's about making sure you're being treated with the respect you deserve.

These record companies will screw you if you let them.

thousand years.
:lol: yall really Def Jam has a vested interest in "setting black people back"?
They are a record company that is about turning a profit, nothing more.
If son wasn't marketable, they wouldn't sign him. Go on youtube or datpiff and you'll find dozens of rappers that "set us back" even further but they don't get signed why is that?

at the end of the day this dude just goes home takes out his golds, takes off the afro wig and just laughs at how people will eat anything up no matter how stupid it is..
What it seems to me is that he was just smart enough to recognize patterns and capitalize , hustling 101 basically.
He saw where rap/social media was headed and fashioned an image and a song that would thrive in this age.
This is a fast food era of music/culture in general, majority of my generation (18-25) lives for that type of stimulation.
Folks seem to be caught up in there feelings about his success as if it really matters. Wack rappers get signed every day, major labels don't care about the quality of music as long as it is profitable.
Remember Soulja Boy? We're looking at the same concept in 2012.
Of course they are thousands of more talented artists out there but they don't put themselves in the position/don't sell themselves as well as James does.
Quality artists can do it as well, look at The Weeknd.

It's not about being jealous.
It's about making sure you're being treated with the respect you deserve.
These record companies will screw you if you let them.

How you going to compare to completely different artists though? The only thing they have in common is being on Def Jam
KRIT has a slim chance at getting as popular or getting the type of push as a Trinidad James because he makes music that isn't mainstream enough.
However he will be able to tour, produce other artists and put out projects until he is 70 because he has musicianship and a fanbase that won't leave him.
He should have looked out for himself better and signed to a label that was fully committed to him as an artist instead of a label that has shown it doesn't care about real artistry.
Trinidad will probably have a successful 2013 and eventually just fade away like most fad's do. Def Jam will make sure they recoup and after they do, they will care just as much as the public still does.

I agree Trinidad is getting pushed because of marketability. Same with Rocky. Dude came in the game with the whole ASAP movement, the unique visuals (Peso was an excellent video), and labels didn't really have to do any work except throw him money for videos, promotion, studio time, etc. Same with Odd Future and their whole steez.

The easiest way to get signed is to give yourself a unique, marketable image. And that doesn't mean you have to be a weirdo, look at Stalley and the whole blue collar, average guy steez he pushed. Even Chief Keef benefited from his age in combination with the bangers he was making.

Dudes be grinding for years and be wondering why they never get on, it's because they aren't doing anything that the next 10 dudes aren't doing. You gotta put out an energy that isn't found anywhere else.

Getting labels to notice you is like pro wrestling, you got to amplify your regular personality, steez, everything 10x.

You aren't getting signed if you don't have a huge movement/bandwagon (Drake, Wiz, etc.) or if you aren't easily marketable (A$AP).

That being said, I do think that eventually it's going to come down to skill, and I think while dudes like Rocky will last, as shown by his excellent showing on Long.Live.A$AP . . . dudes like Trinidad James will not be able to make an album with 15 All Gold Everythings.

thousand years.
1. Trinidad ain't doing nothing to black people, he's spitting the same tumblr raps as everyone else about his gold and his "fashion" sense.

2. Def Jam could give a damn about the social ramifications of Trinidad's music, if there were any. Labels only care about the dollar. If raps about the economy and blood diamonds were what sold, then that would be what was pushed.

It doesn't seem like it because the speed that Trinidad is doing things. KRIT will be straight, he's a great artist and he gone eat. He's just going to have to fight harder but his reward will be huge. 

Another thing that helped Trinidad and hurt Krit is he's based out of Atlanta. This is Black Hollywood and the labels know it. They will sign an artist and milk him while they can and then dump him for the next hot thing. Krit's from Mississippi and you have to really put yourself out there. They would be fools to not know his ceiling is higher with proper development, but they are going to ******** him until he's where they want him to be. Look at Wiz's route, I think Krit's will be similar to that. 

I think the biggest thing hurting Krit is that he doesn't seem to be very marketable outside of album sales. That in my opinion is what labels are focusing on rather than actual talent. They have to develop him a persona sorta like the did with Wiz that will be marketable. I'm sure Wiz smoked back in the day but I don't think he was the chimney he portrays now. That's something I believe the label saw that made him more marketable and today in 2012 you have what appears to be a modern day hippie and millions of people wanting to be just like him.

Trinidad came into the game with that marketability, that's why I believe he got on so fast. That's what makes the $$$ and thats what the labels are trying to push. They don't care as much about talent or developing it unless you will be marketable for more than a couple weeks or months because it's been proven you don't need talent to push albums or sell out shows.

The label didnt develop an image for Wiz.... If you go back to his very first day to days he was a super weed smoker riding out in an old *** honda doing shows state to state. Only change from wiz has pretty much been the way he dresses

The label didnt develop an image for Wiz.... If you go back to his very first day to days he was a super weed smoker riding out in an old *** honda doing shows state to state. Only change from wiz has pretty much been the way he dresses
Not what I was saying. Wiz was a smoker, yes, but he still needed to develop as an artist because he was more than just a weed smoker. The smoking weed made him more marketable because there was more of an image to sell. All the while Wiz had the potential to be the star he is today and the label saw that so that's why they developed him. The increased weed tokage came along with his development because he made more money and he was already a smoker so he  knows buy more pay less. 

Back
Top Bottom