OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Originally Posted by xblaze23

sidenote - are all the Nike Euro kits/jersey's of the tight-fitting variety?
It seems that way.. I hope its just the players preference (Ronaldo wears a size xxxx-small it seems)

On the field Nike kits that the players wear have a tighter fit. It's supposed to be like that.

Tchau.

"We'll have a look at why CR wasnt much of an impact in the first half, but was in stoppage time"

SKEWED @*@ AMERICAN PERSPECTIVE
smh.gif

Dude was in there the whole game, but only focus on WHY the big names dont score...

THIS is why I HATE ESPN

great turn by Moutinho to set up the goal...

I've always been a fan of the Oranje Nike kits, the previous one (collar with black swoosh) was nice and clean... but for some reason, my fav of the recentyears was the 04 WorldCup ones (circle around the number)...

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'm in Turkey right now and I watched some of the game at a bar type place across the street from the wedding I was at. We had PLENTY of chances. Honestly,people think Portugal is an amazing team...they aren't even that great. It was 0-0 the whole game until a goal off of a crap possession. Then, we hadSEVERAL chances to equalize, but couldn't capitalize. Our defense SUCKS. If we had a slightly better players on defense, we wouldn't keep so manyplayers back, allowing us to attack more in order to score. But, no equalizer, and instead a second goal in the 94th minute. What utter $%+@!$+%. I'mpissed.

FOR THE LAST !%$#@*+ TIME, FIRE FATIH TERIM. HE CAN'T COACH WORTH %*!@. This man keeps Kazim Kazim in the ENTIRE game. Sure, he played better thanalmost anybody else on the team tonight, but he isn't even good. The man gets benched on Fenerbahce, but can play a full 90 mins on the national team. Amazing. Kazim, who originally started the game for the injured Sabri, STAYED in after Sabri came off the bench. What the hell is Terim thinking? Then hegoes and takes Hamit Altintop, one of the best players on the team, out and puts Semih in to try to create some offense. What an IDIOT. SMFH.

Dude thats NT dedication for ya... but he's right, Turkey wasn't as bad as the scoreline may indicate... they had their chances... but when you'refighting for the equalizer in the latter part of a game, your backline will be vulnerable to counter-attacks...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Dude thats NT dedication for ya... but he's right, Turkey wasn't as bad as the scoreline may indicate... they had their chances... but when you're fighting for the equalizer in the latter part of a game, your backline will be vulnerable to counter-attacks...

Losing 2-0 isn't really a disastrous score line... Turkey just lacks creativity, all of Portugal's chances were off Turkish defensive mistakes(i.e. giving the ball away). I doubt Portugal makes it past the quarterfinals.

Poor Swiss, without Frei it´s gone be hard...
For Portugal, they will make it to the next round...
Turkey played well, second goal in the 92 min, hurt...

Tomorrow Germany:tongue:oland = 3:0

HAIDE ROMANIA!!!

are they gonna show any of these games on espn or espn2? i dont have espn classic in my basement where i watch tv the most.

Here's the TV schedule:

(All times EST.)
Group play
Saturday 6/07
11:50 a.m.- Switzerland vs. Czech Republic A (ESPN Classic)
2:30 p.m.- Portugal vs. Turkey A (ESPN Classic)

Sunday 6/08
11:50 a.m.- Austria vs. Croatia B (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Germany vs. Poland B (ESPN2)

Monday 6/09
11:50 a.m.- Romania vs. France C (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Netherlands vs. Italy C (ESPN2)

Tuesday 6/10
11:50 a.m.- Spain vs. Russia D (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Greece vs. Sweden D (ESPN2)

Wednesday 6/11
11:50 a.m.- Czech Republic vs. Portugal A (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Switzerland vs. Turkey A (ESPN2)

Thursday 6/12
11:50 a.m.- Croatia vs. Germany B (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Austria vs. Poland B (ESPN2)

Friday 6/13
11:50 a.m.- Italy vs. Romania C (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Netherlands vs. France C (ESPN2)

Saturday 6/14
11:50 a.m.- Sweden vs. Spain D (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Greece vs. Russia D (ESPN2)

Sunday 6/15
2:30 p.m.- Switzerland vs. Portugal A (ESPN2)
2:30 p.m.- Turkey vs. Czech Republic A (ESPN2)

Monday 6/16
2:30 p.m.- Poland vs. Croatia B (ESPN Classic)
2:30 p.m.- Austria vs. Germany B (ESPN)

Tuesday 6/17
2:30 p.m.- Netherlands vs. Romania C (ESPN Classic)
2:30 p.m.- France vs. Italy C (ESPN)

Wednesday 6/18
2:30 p.m.- Greece vs. Spain D (ESPN)
2:30 p.m.- Russia vs. Sweden D (ESPN2)

Quarterfinals
Thursday 6/19 2:30 p.m. - 1A vs. 2B (ESPN)
Friday 6/20 2:30 p.m. - 1B vs. 2A (ESPN)
Saturday 6/21 2:30 p.m. - 1C vs. 2D (ABC)
Sunday 6/22 2:55 p.m. - 1D vs. 2C (ESPN)

Semifinals
Wednesday 6/25 2:30 p.m. - Winners (ESPN)
Thursday 6/26 2:30 p.m. - Winners (ESPN2)

Finals
Sunday 6/29 2:30 p.m. - Title Match in Vienna (ABC)

I personally think one thread for the tournament is not good...this thread is just gonna get so huge.

anywho, the first two games were good. And I loved watching it in HD.

Germany vs Poland tomorrow is going to be nuts. I work at 2:30, just my luck. At least I get to see Croatia though.

Back
Top Bottom