Official Umar Johnson Thread

you dont have to rock with everyone that says 2+2=4 and that sky is blue simply because theyre stating facts. same goes for any thought "leader". a rejection of umar isnt a rejection of black consciousness. as much as some might claim otherwise hes not the gate keeper of some secret information or code. unless your consciousness is only rooted in what you find on social media

But I agree with everything you said here.

just emphasizing its not about taking the good with the bad. thats a false choice. you dont have to chew up the meat and spit out the bones when theres boneless ribs readily available.
But if someone decides to do such a thing, that is fine and completely understandable to me.

If someone decides that is how they approach dealing with Umar, I complete agree/understand.

layziegunts layziegunts I already said the same about Umar in this very thread.

It IS possible for someone to agree with

A. Think he is a great speaker
B. Agree with many of his points regarding The Public School to Prison Pipeline
C. Agree with Black Love being a POLITICAL stance

All things can be true, but again, all or nothing for many

DC I fully agree with everything you just said right there. Umar is A, B, and C ✊🏿

But if someone decides to do such a thing, that is fine and completely understandable to me.

If someone decides that is how they approach dealing with Umar, I complete agree/understand.

absolutely; as long as you dont diminish the blackness or consciousness of someone who cant over look the "bones" of one leader and takes another equally or more valid path than ive got no issues.

If you come in this thread to only talk **** about the brother saying he a scam artist but ain’t in no religious thread condemning TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar, or anyone in the black church with their real scammery I’m not sure you’re down with black power at all.

Dr. Umar is black power through and through and yes he isn’t perfect but the things he discusses worldwide is important to the black race so let’s leave the petty things you don’t like about him behind and get behind the movement.

Goodbye everyone ✊🏿

Dawg...

You're always bringing up something else to avoid discussing the issues presented to you about Umar. I understand the comparison, but please tell me what the church has to do with Umar's potential short comings? My exes argue like that bro...be better than that.

You also announce your exit from the thread 3 times a day. Like bruh, **** or get off the pot. Ignore the "trolls" (or discussion you dont want to engage) to post the info related to Umar or actually let the thread die. The constant *****ing is unbecoming.

I too appreciate what Umar says about the state of black people. When I first noticed this thread and saw updates happening I thought it was related to the school. But it's usually just you fighting with someone over nothing. Dead that **** man. Let the thread serve a purpose or let it die.

Brotherman, why are you taking offence to what I say? was I speaking to you directly?

also, his potential shortcoming? I dont care about the guy like that to focus on his shortcoming.

Comparisons to those black church leaders are necessary because 99% of the grievances in here is about him being a scam artist. All Im saying to the brothers is how they have all these people focusing on him when he is just preaching black solidarity and the money he is taking in isn't even anywhere on par to what your favorite black church pastors are doing. Yall dont have a thread for them huh?

As for letting the thread die, if I get a notification I will come in here because I do love the discussions (except the trolls) about the black world. If i see something interesting from his ig page I post it in here because its the Umar thread.

If you dont want to be in here just unwatch the thread brotherman

anyway, I'm out everyone. Goodbye and take care. Bye

Last edited:
The day one of y’all create a NT thread titled

“the black church been scamming our families for hundreds of years and most of them are being financed by white banks thread”

then I will take y’all exaggerated critique of Umar seriously.

1580858081080.gif

The black church can get it too. Throw the whole prosperity gospel in there as well. Anyone who misrepresents something to benefit their own agenda shouldn’t be called a leader. In the church or any movement. No body here who’s critical of Umar is gonna give someone like Creflo Dollar a free pass because he’s a pastor.

The black church can get it too. Throw the whole prosperity gospel in there as well. Anyone who misrepresents something to benefit their own agenda shouldn’t be called a leader. In the church or any movement.

Can you honestly say Umar is in this for his own personal gain or to get rich?

I think he is passionate as hell about the black world/Pan-Africanism. If he eats a little off it Im not angry like most yall.

99% of Church Pastors know for a fact they are going to get money from 99% of the congregation and know its leading to nothing at the end of the day.

I just think its silly to attack Umar non-stop while THE BLACK CHURCH is the REAL PROBLEM.

Thats just me, anyway Im out fellas. Goodbye and be black first. Bye

The black church can get it too. Throw the whole prosperity gospel in there as well. Anyone who misrepresents something to benefit their own agenda shouldn’t be called a leader. In the church or any movement. No body here who’s critical of Umar is gonna give someone like Creflo Dollar a free pass because he’s a pastor.
I remember when Creflo Dollar was asking for donations for a new private jet, the response on NT was rather negative.

I mean I don't go church, few in my family do. And the ones that do go to a small joint on the island where they give like two dollars a week in the collection basket. Dude is using it as a whataboutism to deflect from Umar.

The reason I don't rock with Umar, is because he reminds me a lot of those scammer pastors.

Can you honestly say Umar is in this for his own personal gain or to get rich?

I think he is passionate as hell about the black world/Pan-Africanism. If he eats a little off it Im not angry like most yall.

99% of Church Pastors know for a fact they are going to get money from 99% of the congregation and know its leading to nothing at the end of the day.

I just think its silly to attack Umar non-stop while THE BLACK CHURCH is the REAL PROBLEM.

Thats just me, anyway Im out fellas. Goodbye and be black first. Bye

it’s hard for me to give a straight answer on what umars intentions are because not everything he says is factual. And that’s been shown up and down this thread. What are we supposed to assume about people who play fast and loose with facts and history and pushed conspiracy theories as fact

“99% of Church Pastors know for a fact they are going to get money from 99% of the congregation and know its leading to nothing at the end of the day.”

how many churches have you been too? How many church boards have you served on? How many budget meetings have you been too? Your characterization of 99% of churches are based on what? The church you were forced to go to as a child and your own disdain for Christianity. You’re not making an argument here or even trying to be objective you’re just using a whataboutism like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said. I go to a church where every single dollar can be accounted, for from staff salaries, to the hundreds of back pack we put together full of supplies for elementary school students in the area. I can be openly critical of pastors that abuse institutions in the same way I can be critical of Umar. I don’t have to take from the church or the movement, and I don’t. You want to talk about black empowerment and the dismantling of white supremacy you won’t get a peep of resistance from me. But if you expect people to just ignore the problematic things Umar says and does in between each time he says “I love black people” this won’t be the thread

it’s hard for me to give a straight answer on what umars intentions are because not everything he says is factual. And that’s been shown up and down this thread. What are we supposed to assume about people who play fast and loose with facts and history and pushed conspiracy theories as fact

“99% of Church Pastors know for a fact they are going to get money from 99% of the congregation and know its leading to nothing at the end of the day.”

how many churches have you been too? How many church boards have you served on? How many budget meetings have you been too? Your characterization of 99% of churches are based on what? The church you were forced to go to as a child and your own disdain for Christianity. You’re not making an argument here or even trying to be objective you’re just using a whataboutism like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said. I go to a church where every single dollar can be accounted, for from staff salaries, to the hundreds of back pack we put together full of supplies for elementary school students in the area. I can be openly critical of pastors that abuse institutions in the same way I can be critical of Umar. I don’t have to take from the church or the movement, and I don’t. You want to talk about black empowerment and the dismantling of white supremacy you won’t get a peep of resistance from me. But if you expect people to just ignore the problematic things Umar says and does in between each time he says “I love black people” this won’t be the thread

So the end goal of church is to lead people to salvavstiin with Jesus Christ in the afterlife?

simple question. What’s more important to you? Black Power or Christianity?

The day one of y’all create a NT thread titled

“the black church been scamming our families for hundreds of years and most of them are being financed by white banks thread”

then I will take y’all exaggerated critique of Umar seriously.
I mean, Creflo and other scamming pastors been getting flamed on here. Umar is just another one.

Last edited:
I mean, Creflo and other scamming pastors been getting flamed on here. Umar is just another one.

Creflo asked for a PRIVATE JET through tithes that are required by the church.

Umar asked for donations for a SCHOOL to help black boys.

Which is worst?

So the end goal of church is to lead people to salvavstiin with Jesus Christ in the afterlife?

simple question. What’s more important to you? Black Power or Christianity?

the end goal of a church to serve the people that attend it. My job as a christian isn’t to save anyone or force anyone to believe what I believe. It’s to show people that what I believe in gives me peace.

My own personal relationship with God is most important to me. And my relationship with God calls me to want to see the very best for black people. So that they can live and exist in this world unencumbered in this world by white supremacy. Your idea of what you think Christianity is or what you think the church is has nothing to do with me and my own personal relationship with it. So to answer your question, I don’t have to choose because they’re connected. You’ve got this weird fallacy that you’re settled on that if you go To church youve got no time or mental capacity for anything else. If there’s any group of people on this planet that can walk and chew gum at the same time it’s black people.

Last edited:
the end goal of a church to serve the people that attend it. My job as a christian isn’t to save anyone or force anyone to believe what I believe. It’s to show people that what I believe in gives me peace.

My own personal relationship with God is most important to me. And my relationship with God calls me to want to see the very best for black people. So that they can live and exist in this world unencumbered in this world by white supremacy. Your idea of what you think Christianity is or what you think the church is has nothing to do with me and my own personal relationship with it. So to answer your question, I don’t have to choose because they’re connected. You’ve got this weird fallacy that you’re settled on that if you go To church youve got no time or mental capacity for anything else. If there’s any group of people on this planet that can walk and chew gum at the same time it’s black people.

they are not connected

Christianity and Black Upliftment are NOT synonyms.

which is MORE important to you? I get both are important.being a Christian or being a black man?

if you can’t answer that straighforward I don’t need an essay from you because I won’t read it.

I like soccer ⚽️ and I like basketball 🏀. If someone ask which of the 2 are more important to me. I would say SOCCER ⚽️.

it’s basic stuff bro. Which is more important to you?

⛪✝️ Or ✊🏿?

Creflo asked for a PRIVATE JET through tithes that are required by the church.

Umar asked for donations for a SCHOOL to help black boys.

Which is worst?

I thought this was easy an easy one but I'm actually conflicted. I mean, I wanna say what Creflo asked for was worse cus of what he asked for and who hes asking for it from... But he was at least being completely honest, as outrageous as it is. Umar asking for something he had no plans on delivering on. I rather you be outlandish, ridiculous, and out of touch than a liar. One, I dont want to work with and the other I cant work with at all.

But again, you are deflecting. Umar gonna continue to get called out on b.s., just like Creflo and just as anyone else should.

Very proud of Dr. Umar and what he's doing. He communicates on an ELITE level and I am proud to donate to his efforts. I hope that all of you would respect MY choice to support him because he is pro black, pro freedom, pro Coal, anti libbie, Pro Barson, Pro Blacks 4 Trump and everything that I agree with. #DRUMARISACONSERVATIVE

they are not connected

Christianity and Black Upliftment are NOT synonyms.

which is MORE important to you? I get both are important.being a Christian or being a black man?

if you can’t answer that straighforward I don’t need an essay from you because I won’t read it.

I like soccer ⚽ and I like basketball 🏀. If someone ask which of the 2 are more important to me. I would say SOCCER ⚽.

it’s basic stuff bro. Which is more important to you?

⛪ ✝ Or ✊🏿?

this is the the issue with your arguments up and down these threads. You literally take the limit of what you know on a subject, and say “there’s nothing left to understand”. The fact that you just tried to boil my entire post down to picking one sport or other even after I went into detail about how I literally don’t means you didn’t grasp anything I said. I did not say the church and black consciousness are synonyms. I said MY FAITH calls me to be a good person and being a good person to me means advocating for The freedom black people in a world where white supremacy Is the norm. You’ve gotta accept the fact the one example of Christians you’re holding on to As the example for all Christians isn’t the only kind that exists. My own personal relationship with God has got nothing to do with what YOU think Christians are and care about. Stop trying to put me in a box. The same Way you have to accept that Umar Johnson isn’t the the only “best” way to learn or support black consciousness. For someone who’s as well traveled as you I’d think you’d be more open to diversity of thought. I feel like I’m trying to describe and oak tree to someone who’s never left an island And thinks palm trees are the only trees that exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom