Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

For some reason I don't think Spain was playing that hard compared to how hard Team USA was playing. I just don't see some of the things they were doing (alot of fancy play) being done in a real game. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I forgot where I heard it from (maybe commentator from the last game) that the Spain coaching staff said they weren't really showing everything in exhibition.

For some reason I don't think Spain was playing that hard compared to how hard Team USA was playing. I just don't see some of the things they were doing (alot of fancy play) being done in a real game. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I forgot where I heard it from (maybe commentator from the last game) that the Spain coaching staff said they weren't really showing everything in exhibition.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Exactly how I feel as well.

But.... if Spain was actually putting forth a legit effort, are the Spaniards %##%*! as well? Or does this just mean that two solid teams slugged it out for 40 minutes?

Exactly how I feel as well.

But.... if Spain was actually putting forth a legit effort, are the Spaniards %##%*! as well? Or does this just mean that two solid teams slugged it out for 40 minutes?

I'm really glad for these exhibition games. Team USA needs as much work as they can and playing against high level competition is only going to help them down the road.

I'm really glad for these exhibition games. Team USA needs as much work as they can and playing against high level competition is only going to help them down the road.

now everyone putting steph curry back to his spot in back of rubio in the 2009 draft/re-draft. lol.

now everyone putting steph curry back to his spot in back of rubio in the 2009 draft/re-draft. lol.

It's like the first game they played in the '08 Olympics. Spain didn't even try and got blown out, knowing they were going to coast into the final, where they played much harder. The only thing that makes me think they actually tried is because of the home crowd. They made a lot of hustle plays that they didn't even bother making even in the first Olympic matchup.

It's like the first game they played in the '08 Olympics. Spain didn't even try and got blown out, knowing they were going to coast into the final, where they played much harder. The only thing that makes me think they actually tried is because of the home crowd. They made a lot of hustle plays that they didn't even bother making even in the first Olympic matchup.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Why is Billups on the team? One of the most overated players in the league
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I forgot about the game. I'll check out some of replay though

Back
Top Bottom