Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Why is Billups on the team? One of the most overated players in the league
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I forgot about the game. I'll check out some of replay though

I haven't been keeping up with FIBA and Team USA lately so pardon me for the ignorant question:
Why aren't Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo playing again?  And why isn't Pau playing for Spain? 

I haven't been keeping up with FIBA and Team USA lately so pardon me for the ignorant question:
Why aren't Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Melo playing again?  And why isn't Pau playing for Spain? 

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Nagging injuries or fear of injury is probably the main reason. Plus, after winning the gold in 2008, the World Championships aren't that important to them, IMO.

Although the USA wants to win, I think our involvement is more focused on preparing the youngsters (Durant, Rose, Curry, etc.) to play Intl. ball, while providing opportunites for the veterans to play for their country and and win a World Championships. Depending on who signs on for London in 2012, there could be several roster spots for the taking.

Nagging injuries or fear of injury is probably the main reason. Plus, after winning the gold in 2008, the World Championships aren't that important to them, IMO.

Although the USA wants to win, I think our involvement is more focused on preparing the youngsters (Durant, Rose, Curry, etc.) to play Intl. ball, while providing opportunites for the veterans to play for their country and and win a World Championships. Depending on who signs on for London in 2012, there could be several roster spots for the taking.

Anyone else think Rondo will be the one that's going to get cut? Teams are forcing the guards to take jump shots and Rondo will be a nuisance on offense if that's the case.

Anyone else think Rondo will be the one that's going to get cut? Teams are forcing the guards to take jump shots and Rondo will be a nuisance on offense if that's the case.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

ah ok...  that makes sense.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

ah ok...  that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom