Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

im not surprised, at least to me he looked akward out there. i dont like his game for international play at all.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Rondo shouldnt even of made the trip to Spain. He doesnt fit into the international game, he cant shoot, he gambles too much, and only having 5 fouls really changes things for him on the defensive end....you cant leave your big men defending your guy because you went for a steal.

but you can say the same for rose and westbrook.

and if rondo went home on his own why would players be shock he got "cut"

Rondo shouldnt even of made the trip to Spain. He doesnt fit into the international game, he cant shoot, he gambles too much, and only having 5 fouls really changes things for him on the defensive end....you cant leave your big men defending your guy because you went for a steal.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Word spread that it was him that was gonna get cut. He "withdrew" himself so it wont make him feel as bad IMO.

And no you cant say the same for rose. Rose is a far better shooter than Rondo. I dont know if you've been paying attention but Rose's FT line extended jumper is damn near automatic now.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Word spread that it was him that was gonna get cut. He "withdrew" himself so it wont make him feel as bad IMO.

And no you cant say the same for rose. Rose is a far better shooter than Rondo. I dont know if you've been paying attention but Rose's FT line extended jumper is damn near automatic now.

Interesting. Not that I'm a rondo fan, but I also didn't expect him to get cut. D. Rose and Westbrook must have made the coaches feel really comfortbale. Couple that with the fact you got Steph, Billups who can also bring up the ball and shoot then maybe that made Rondo expendable. I still fear the Greek team against these guys though.

Interesting. Not that I'm a rondo fan, but I also didn't expect him to get cut. D. Rose and Westbrook must have made the coaches feel really comfortbale. Couple that with the fact you got Steph, Billups who can also bring up the ball and shoot then maybe that made Rondo expendable. I still fear the Greek team against these guys though.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

well, there were just too many point guards.  and he's the one without a jumper.  

Westbrook can't shoot either
Rose can only shoot off of the dribble.

Rondo does everything westbrook does, but has much better court vision.

with that said, I would have cut Danny Granger. He brings nothing to the table internationally.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

well, there were just too many point guards.  and he's the one without a jumper.  

Westbrook can't shoot either
Rose can only shoot off of the dribble.

Rondo does everything westbrook does, but has much better court vision.

with that said, I would have cut Danny Granger. He brings nothing to the table internationally.

European PG's and the over play of these game will be a lot more physical. While I think Rondo would've made the team, Rose/Westbrook/Gordon are a lot more physical. Rondo is a better defender and a great defender in a team defense but most of his steals are of gambles. I think Curry would've been the one cut if he didn't drop but oh well.

European PG's and the over play of these game will be a lot more physical. While I think Rondo would've made the team, Rose/Westbrook/Gordon are a lot more physical. Rondo is a better defender and a great defender in a team defense but most of his steals are of gambles. I think Curry would've been the one cut if he didn't drop but oh well.

gordon
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom