Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

I don't see how Rondo got either. The only thing I can think of is that the coaches wanted shooting and he doesn't bring that.

I don't see how Rondo got either. The only thing I can think of is that the coaches wanted shooting and he doesn't bring that.

Originally Posted by Djoker33

How you're a "Top 3" PG in the game and get cut from a team full of second/third Tier Point guards?
Most intelligent people wouldn't have Rondo as a top 3 PG.

The first two PG tiers are pretty defined. Since Rose/Billups are on the same tier as Rondo, I can't criticize Rondo too much if he gets cut. Especially since Westbrook is very close to the 2nd tier as well.

1st tier: Nash, CP3, Deron
2nd tier: Rose, Rondo, Parker, Billups.. still there but close to leaving Kidd
3rd tier gets a bit broad and really a lot of PG's could fit: Westbrook, Evans, Andre Miller, Aaron Brooks, Devin Harris
4th tier you could switch some of these to 3rd tier: Jennings, Mo, Felton, Stuckey, etc. etc.

How you're a "Top 3" PG in the game and get cut from a team full of second/third Tier Point guards?

Umm.. Pooh's definitely top 5 PG in the game so ummmm yea...

Umm.. Pooh's definitely top 5 PG in the game so ummmm yea...

Most intelligent people wouldn't have Rondo as a top 3 PG.

The first two PG tiers are pretty defined. Since Rose/Billups are on the same tier as Rondo, I can't criticize Rondo too much if he gets cut. Especially since Westbrook is very close to the 2nd tier as well.

1st tier: Nash, CP3, Deron
2nd tier: Rose, Rondo, Parker, Billups.. still there but close to leaving Kidd
3rd tier gets a bit broad and really a lot of PG's could fit: Westbrook, Evans, Andre Miller, Aaron Brooks, Devin Harris
4th tier you could switch some of these to 3rd tier: Jennings, Mo, Felton, Stuckey, etc. etc.

[h2]Roster Finalized, Rondo Goes Home[/h2]
August 24, 2010  ·  1:29PM

blog_hed_schuh.jpg

USA Basketball announced its final roster for the World Championship on Tuesday, with Rajon Rondo removing his name from consideration.

The 13 players on the roster had all shown over the last five weeks that they can contribute, and the final cut was going to be a difficult one, but in the end, it appears that USA Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and chairman Jerry Colangelo didn’t have to make that decision.

“Rajon came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team, that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season,

[h2]Roster Finalized, Rondo Goes Home[/h2]
August 24, 2010  ·  1:29PM

blog_hed_schuh.jpg

USA Basketball announced its final roster for the World Championship on Tuesday, with Rajon Rondo removing his name from consideration.

The 13 players on the roster had all shown over the last five weeks that they can contribute, and the final cut was going to be a difficult one, but in the end, it appears that USA Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and chairman Jerry Colangelo didn’t have to make that decision.

“Rajon came to us and said he was going to withdraw from the team, that he had some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season,

Correction, he IS a second tier PG. Him being top 3 isn't true.

Nash/CP3/Deron - First Tier

Rondo/Rose/Chauney - Second Tier

So him not making it isn't a shock.

Correction, he IS a second tier PG. Him being top 3 isn't true.

Nash/CP3/Deron - First Tier

Rondo/Rose/Chauney - Second Tier

So him not making it isn't a shock.

Rondo shouldnt even of made the trip to Spain. He doesnt fit into the international game, he cant shoot, he gambles too much, and only having 5 fouls really changes things for him on the defensive end....you cant leave your big men defending your guy because you went for a steal.

Rondo shouldnt even of made the trip to Spain. He doesnt fit into the international game, he cant shoot, he gambles too much, and only having 5 fouls really changes things for him on the defensive end....you cant leave your big men defending your guy because you went for a steal.

Rondo could have fit in just fine with the team. His ability in transition, his ability to break down the defense in the halfcourt and his defensive abilities gambling or not would have been very valuable to the team.

The only other PG I would have invited instead would be Mo Williams. I think he would have fit in very well with his ability to get out on the break and spot up from range. As much as a choker he is.

Rondo is a top 5 American PG so I can't blame them for inviting.

Rondo could have fit in just fine with the team. His ability in transition, his ability to break down the defense in the halfcourt and his defensive abilities gambling or not would have been very valuable to the team.

The only other PG I would have invited instead would be Mo Williams. I think he would have fit in very well with his ability to get out on the break and spot up from range. As much as a choker he is.

Rondo is a top 5 American PG so I can't blame them for inviting.

Very happy my boy Steph made it.  He'll be great for them.  Can make plays and hit that open shot with ease.

Very happy my boy Steph made it.  He'll be great for them.  Can make plays and hit that open shot with ease.

Rondo strikes me as a great QB. I'm not surprised that his teammates were shocked, all players look up to their QB.

He definitely deserved the invite, if for nothing else but to crank the intensity up in practices. He's a top 5 American PG.

Having him on the bubble was probably too much for Rondo's ego.

Rondo strikes me as a great QB. I'm not surprised that his teammates were shocked, all players look up to their QB.

He definitely deserved the invite, if for nothing else but to crank the intensity up in practices. He's a top 5 American PG.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

this

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

this

im not surprised, at least to me he looked akward out there. i dont like his game for international play at all.

Back
Top Bottom