Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

i wish we played more of a team game instead of one pass then shoot. and why dont the backups get much burn?

i wish we played more of a team game instead of one pass then shoot. and why dont the backups get much burn?

Ugly game, but entertaining to watch. Glad the US was able to pull it out; hopefully this game will serve as somewhat of a wake-up call.

Anybody else find that last 3.5 seconds a little long, or was it just me?

Ugly game, but entertaining to watch. Glad the US was able to pull it out; hopefully this game will serve as somewhat of a wake-up call.

Anybody else find that last 3.5 seconds a little long, or was it just me?

The offense turned into a bad open gym game. Guys dribble, realize everything is collapsing because of a zone and just hand it off or pass it to a guy 5 ft away. The hand off has to be the biggest sign that you can accomplish nothing offensively. Can I get a swing pass?

The offense turned into a bad open gym game. Guys dribble, realize everything is collapsing because of a zone and just hand it off or pass it to a guy 5 ft away. The hand off has to be the biggest sign that you can accomplish nothing offensively. Can I get a swing pass?

That cross
sick.gif

Closs call last game... Wasn't pretty, but atleast they got the win.

The team's performance today was terrible to say the least. With that said, this team keeps proving that they can overcome adversity which is critical in this tournament. IMO if the 06 team had've faced this kind of adversity in the prelims they probably would've beat Greece in the semis.

On another note Chauncey is showing what Nuggets fans like myself have been complaining about all last year. His decision making is very suspect at times and he can make just as many dumb plays as JR.

The team's performance today was terrible to say the least. With that said, this team keeps proving that they can overcome adversity which is critical in this tournament. IMO if the 06 team had've faced this kind of adversity in the prelims they probably would've beat Greece in the semis.

On another note Chauncey is showing what Nuggets fans like myself have been complaining about all last year. His decision making is very suspect at times and he can make just as many dumb plays as JR.

To be perfectly honest, losing in the elimination rounds won't be the worst thing in the world. Losing to Greece in 2006 was the best thing that could have happened to the Redeem Team. They had to play in the FIBA Americas tourney the following year, which was just more much-needed in-game experience. By Beijing, they were ready. Spain was just a legit gold medal treat. But without that loss and the extra tournament, I don't think they'd have been as prepared.

To be perfectly honest, losing in the elimination rounds won't be the worst thing in the world. Losing to Greece in 2006 was the best thing that could have happened to the Redeem Team. They had to play in the FIBA Americas tourney the following year, which was just more much-needed in-game experience. By Beijing, they were ready. Spain was just a legit gold medal treat. But without that loss and the extra tournament, I don't think they'd have been as prepared.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Odom shouldn't be out there. He isn't in game shape. Splitter was KILLING him on the boards and it was just plain hustle. How many times did a Brazilian player get a hand in on an offensive rebound...
smh.gif

Why doesn't Granger get some burn out there? I would like to see Durant, Rose, Chandler, and Love get as much playing time as possible. We need to be better on the boards.
Thats why I propsed zone so our "weakness" at the C Position isn't exposedas much and we can TEAM REBOUND!

Odom shouldn't be out there. He isn't in game shape. Splitter was KILLING him on the boards and it was just plain hustle. How many times did a Brazilian player get a hand in on an offensive rebound...
smh.gif

Why doesn't Granger get some burn out there? I would like to see Durant, Rose, Chandler, and Love get as much playing time as possible. We need to be better on the boards.
Thats why I propsed zone so our "weakness" at the C Position isn't exposedas much and we can TEAM REBOUND!

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

smh.gif

QFT. Minus Chandler. I'd be intrigued to see the Durant at center lineup again that they ran a few games ago. Odom was gassed, even the announcers mentioned it. I got mad respect for Coach K, but he needed to get out. Unless they feared Splitter getting fouled a lot.

THAT HAS FOUL TROUBLE ALL OVER IT...ODOM IS CRAFTY, HE'S JUST TIRED BECAUSE HE PLAYED ALL THE WAY TO THE CHIP. HE DOES NOT SUCK, HE IS A REBOUND AND START THE BREAK MACHINE MAAAAAAAN...

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

smh.gif

QFT. Minus Chandler. I'd be intrigued to see the Durant at center lineup again that they ran a few games ago. Odom was gassed, even the announcers mentioned it. I got mad respect for Coach K, but he needed to get out. Unless they feared Splitter getting fouled a lot.

THAT HAS FOUL TROUBLE ALL OVER IT...ODOM IS CRAFTY, HE'S JUST TIRED BECAUSE HE PLAYED ALL THE WAY TO THE CHIP. HE DOES NOT SUCK, HE IS A REBOUND AND START THE BREAK MACHINE MAAAAAAAN...

Back
Top Bottom