Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by What up

Monroe > Cousins, if both are available.
Why?

My opinion is based off building around curry and, at least for the near future, being an under .500 team. Cousins will not handle losing well, and won't handle Nelly well at all (assuming he's around).

Monroe is a professional on and off the floor. What better way to rebuild a team than with a shooter than can pass (curry) and a developing big man that can pass (monroe)? They'd compliment each other extremely well. Personality wise I think Curry and Monroe also are very similar which will help out with on court chemistry. Sure, he lacks intensity at times and defers to much at times, but I think that had alot to do with how frustrating it is for a big man to run the Gtown offense.

To me its a perfect match on the court and off the court and I hope W's can pick up Monroe...Plus they owe me one for picking up curry the year before (i'll never forget the comeback curry had against gtown).

What do you think if Nellie is gone and new ownership comes in before next season? Meaning the team may not be great or even .500 but they'll gradually see change and the pieces being put together. In that scenario can someone like Cousins endure losing in the short term?

maggette gone....

kool-aid-man.jpg

as for the pick... id actually be happy if it was Aminu. If what theyre saying about his defensive abilities are true, we should pick him.Warriors need perimeter defenders badly. Just like Wes, i can see him becoming a shawn merion type player. But I KNOW it would be another AR situation with Nellie not giving him playtime due to the immaturity.

but thats only if cuz doesn't fall.

Why?

My opinion is based off building around curry and, at least for the near future, being an under .500 team. Cousins will not handle losing well, and won't handle Nelly well at all (assuming he's around).

Monroe is a professional on and off the floor. What better way to rebuild a team than with a shooter than can pass (curry) and a developing big man that can pass (monroe)? They'd compliment each other extremely well. Personality wise I think Curry and Monroe also are very similar which will help out with on court chemistry. Sure, he lacks intensity at times and defers to much at times, but I think that had alot to do with how frustrating it is for a big man to run the Gtown offense.

To me its a perfect match on the court and off the court and I hope W's can pick up Monroe...Plus they owe me one for picking up curry the year before (i'll never forget the comeback curry had against gtown).

You threw out a lot of opinions and little facts to support your initial statement of Monroe being better than Cousins.

You don't know how Cousins will handle losing, so that shouldn't come into the equation.

Monroe looks to be a nice guy, but unfortunately that won't help my team win games.  I agree that this team's anchor is Curry and developing him is key along with a big man.  But if you haven't looked at this roster, we're developing more than 1 big man already.  Just about all of our bigs are in "development" mode.  Adding another with the 6th pick in the draft just isn't a smart idea.

"Sure he lacks intensity at times and defers to much at times" .. So he needs to improve yet he lacks intensity?  Um, red flag much? 

I know its Tim Kawakami that said this, so take it with a grain of salt.....(on Monroe) "A savvy passer but with toughness issues."
Um....I think I will pass on a big man with toughness issues, thanks.

Matt Steinmentz said that the Warriors could possibly use this 16 or so million dollars to re-sign Anthony Morrow
smh.gif

I know he is a good shooter but he is restricted free agent and if some team offers him a contract that is over priced and the Warriors match I will be livid or they offer him a dumb contract and he agrees.

Why?

You threw out a lot of opinions and little facts to support your initial statement of Monroe being better than Cousins.

You don't know how Cousins will handle losing, so that shouldn't come into the equation.

Monroe looks to be a nice guy, but unfortunately that won't help my team win games.  I agree that this team's anchor is Curry and developing him is key along with a big man.  But if you haven't looked at this roster, we're developing more than 1 big man already.  Just about all of our bigs are in "development" mode.  Adding another with the 6th pick in the draft just isn't a smart idea.

"Sure he lacks intensity at times and defers to much at times" .. So he needs to improve yet he lacks intensity?  Um, red flag much? 
Yes it was my opinion, thats why I started my entire post with "My opinion is based off ." Reading comprehension is key, but many on NT lack it.

Lacked intensity and still averaged 16/10/4 a game in the big east? Not bad in my opinion... I'm telling you, having a passer on the block is going to create a ton of space for Curry and co.

What do you think if Nellie is gone and new ownership comes in before next season? Meaning the team may not be great or even .500 but they'll gradually see change and the pieces being put together. In that scenario can someone like Cousins endure losing in the short term?
There's been plenty of questions surrounding Cousins' anger management. Some people think its a non-issue others think its there. Who really knows? Do the W's really want to take a chance and add another personality to the squad? Personally, I wouldn't.

But again, thats just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it whatsoever.

Originally Posted by dland24

I know its Tim Kawakami that said this, so take it with a grain of salt.....(on Monroe) "A savvy passer but with toughness issues."
Well if you think that way, might as well get rid of all the bigs on the roster. Wouldn't be a bad thing either...

Originally Posted by dland24

Well if you think that way, might as well get rid of all the bigs on the roster. Wouldn't be a bad thing either...

What are you saying?  That Monroe would fit in nicely because the rest of our big men have toughness issues too?  We know our current big men are softer than charmin, which is why it would be idiotic to draft another big man wish toughness issues.

Kawakami is a hater...

Bottom line is the W's have it easy in the draft.  Whomever is there at 6 between Johnson, Cousins, Monroe... we take.

^ Not at all. Just saying being soft big has never deterred the warriors from picking someone up or paying them big money (i.e. biedrins).

From Bill Simmons in the NBA Draft chat breakdown thingee......
sportsguy33: 
If it's Wall-Turner-Favors-Cousins-Monroe in some order, G-State is screwed. The good news is they have totally incompetent people running the team.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 God its so true.

Third Potential Warriors Buyer Revealed

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com
When it comes to the pending Warriors' sale, we know forsure that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and 24 Hour Fitness founder MarkMastrov are very much in the mix.
We now know of another player: Peter Guber, CEO of Mandalay Entertainment.

According to multiple sources familiar with the situation, Guber andrepresentatives of Mandalay toured Oracle Arena on Wednesday to get afirsthand look at where the team plays.

According to those same sources, a group from Oracle Corp., notincluding Ellison, toured the Arena on Tuesday. Russ Granik - vicechairman of Galatioto Sports Partners, the group facilitating the sale- was present both days.

The Warriors announced on March 22, that they had retained Galatioto toconduct the sale of the team. Approximately a dozen potential buyerswere said to have emerged in the preliminary process.

However, it's been reported in various outlets that the initial grouphas been pared down to four. Ellison, Mastrov and Guber have now beenidentified.

It has also been reported that Ellison and the Warriors' minorityowners have joined together to form one group. One of the reasonsinformation has been slow to trickle out regarding the sale is becausemost of the people involved have signed non-disclosure statements in aneffort to keep information confidential.

Mandalay is a fixture in the entertainment business, but one of itssubsidiaries is Mandalay Baseball Properties, which owns, operates orconsults with a variety of minor-league baseball teams, including theScranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, a Triple-A affiliate of the New YorkYankees.

Dan Gadzuric and Andris Biedrins for Kenyon Martin?!?! Get that done NOW.

And JPZx posted in the NBA thread that the Warriors are having a fire sale (- Curry). Could get interesting.

If Cousins or Johnson don't slip, I hope we pick Monroe or Aminu.

Pleaaaaaasssse don't take Udoh.

6th is just a terrible draft slot, I would be all for trading back but I doubt we do that.

Can we forfeit this pick? We'll be paying some scrub around $3 million to "improve" for the next 2-3 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom